Sirens

Palau's POV:

"It's the wrong way!" I shouted at Fiji.

"Shut up! I'm sure this is right!" Fiji shouted back. He held the map away from me as he pushed me away. I tried to grab the map but he was being difficult.

"Look, it's been ages since we have seen Dolphin. We need to find her, she is probably scared out of her mind." I explained.

"I know, I know. Just let me read the map," He complained.

"You are a terrible navigator. Let me have a go," I asked.

"No, I can do it. I'm sure it's just around the corner."

I let out a deep sigh and let him win. Everyone who knew Fiji knows that he can't navigate to save his life and it doesn't help that he refuses to take that stupid eye patch off. But, there is no one more stubborn than him.

We had been walking for hours, trying to find UK's house. We were having no luck though. The gun was getting heavy too. I had to load it before we left, but I was starting to regret bringing it.

"Look! There it is!" Fiji shouted, pointing to a big house. He handed me the map quickly, grabbed the gun out of my arms and rushed up to the door. I looked down at the map to see that it was upside down. He was reading it upside down this whole time.

It took me a second to realise that this house must be wrong. As soon as I realised this, I ran up to Fiji to warn him, but I was too late.

Fiji had broken a window and climbed inside. He was shouting angrily while holding the gun.

"Get your a$$ down here!! I'm gonna shoot you!!" He shouted.

"Fiji! This is the wrong house!" I shouted at him, but he was already running around the house and ignored me.

"I have a gun!" He continued to shout.

"What..." The tired voice of someone lying on the ground was heard and Fiji quickly aimed and fired in fear.

"HEY! You could have killed me!!" The person shouted. It turned out the bullet had missed by a centimetre.

"I'm calling the police!" I could hear the voice of a woman come from another room.

"FijI! Stop!!" I demanded.

"Wait? Fiji?" The person said as he laid on the ground.

"Tonga?" Fiji said, looking down at Tonga.

Tonga started looking around frantically.

"Wait! Wait wait wait! NO! Dolphin!? Where is she!?" Tonga began to shout as he looked around.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Dolphin's gone! She was here before I fell asleep!" He said panicky.

"The police have been called! They are on their way!" The lady's voice shouted.

"Where is UK?" Fiji asked.

"At his house I guess. This is France's place," Tonga explained.

"I told you this was the wrong place," I snapped at Fiji.

"Maybe UK took her during the night?" Fiji said, completely ignoring me.

I could suddenly hear sirens. The three of us quickly left the scene and hid. We needed to find Dolphin.

Netherlands' POV:

I could tell New Zealand was distracted and I knew he was struggling with the urge to just run away from me. I was faster than him, so he knew that if I caught him he would have to wear the leash again.

We walked into the ice cream parlour and both of the boys ran straight to look at the flavours. I stood behind them, looking down as well. I wanted some ice cream too. I know it's early in the morning, but when isn't there a time for ice cream.

I ordered a scoop of vanilla while Australia got chocolate and New Zealand got mint. Australia got into an argument with New Zealand for picking mint ice cream. We walked to the park with our ice creams, licking them as we went.

Once the boys finished their ice creams, they went to play in the playground. Australia on the monkey bars and New Zealand on the swings. I sat on a nearby bench watching the two of them.

After about an hour of the boys playing, I heard what sounded like police sirens. It seems quite out of the ordinary considering there is a low crime rate in this area. But then again, there are a lot of crazies out there.

"Neth?" Australia called from the monkey bars where he was hanging upside down.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Why is there a siren? Did someone die?" He asked.

"I doubt that someone died. I reckon someone might have gotten into a little bit of trouble." I explained.

"Can we go see the dead person?"

"No. No one died." I sighed stressfully.

"Someone died?" New Zealand asked.

"No! If you two don't shut up about dead people, we will go home right now!" I shouted.

"Have you ever killed someone?" Australia asked.

"Uh... I prefer not to say," I said awkwardly. I don't think these boys knew what a country's job was.

"Would you ever kill us?" New Zealand asked. This question stuck out to me most. It made me feel uncomfortable.

"No... no... I wouldn't kill you," I explained.

"Have you ever thought about it?" New Zealand kept asking.

"Look, these questions aren't appropriate for kids your age,"

"What is war like?" Australia asked. Both boys had come up to me and were listening to me intently.

"Why do you want to know about war? You are so young," I said.

"UK said it's where big boys go to be men," Australia said.

"Well, I guess he is right, but why are you asking?"

"UK said he is going to send us to war to become men," Australia explained. If I was drinking something I would have done a spit take.

"What? Against who?!" I shouted. I was mainly in shock at the fact that kids so young would be sent to war.

"I think he said the Boers or something." Australia answered.

"The Boers... You mean South Africa? Isn't he your brother?"