Scared

New Zealand's POV:

I felt scared of UK.  Australia told me he would take me to the park down the road so we could get away from UK. I could see the anger in his eyes as he stopped us at the door. Something was different though. He didn't hit us. The worst thing he did was grab Aussie's arm.

I was kind of confused when he said 'especially me' as if I was important. He sat down on the couch and seemed frustrated. UK looked like he would blow any second. Every time Australia asked a question I got scared the UK would lash out. Aussie wasn't scared though.

"'Because I said so' is not an answer! Why aren't we allowed to leave?!" Australia shouted at him as soon as his arm was free. UK didn't respond straight away.

"Well?! Tell me!" Australia kept pressuring. I could see Canada and America watching from the kitchen. Canada was fiddling with something while America just watched.

"Because it is dangerous for New Zealand to leave the house alone!" UK shouted as he stood up, towering above Aussie and me. I still had Cloudy in my hands and I hugged him close to comfort me.

For some reason, Aussie wasn't scared of him. I didn't know what scared me more, UK or whatever is dangerous for me.

"Why is it dangerous!?" Australia demanded. I could UK was at the end of his string and trying desperately to keep it together.

"There are people looking for him!" I could tell UK had said more than he had meant. Australia went quiet and so did UK. I wanted to ask, who was looking for me, but, I was too scared to even move, let alone speak.

The only noise was America eating a biscuit. He tried to eat it quietly but it just made the whole situation more awkward.

UK finally said something.

"To your rooms now!" He demanded to us. I slowly made my way to my room while Australia followed me angrily. I turned around to see UK shouting at Canada and America to go to their rooms as well.

Canada and America passed me on the way up. We all shared the same expression. As entered my room I could hear Australia's door slam close. Shortly after I heard UK's footsteps climbing up the stairs. 

I closed my eyes and buried my face in Cloudy. I could hear Australia's door slam open. I didn't want to hear what came next. It hurt me to hear it. When the door closed again I could hear Aussie crying.

I waited until I was sure UK had left. It felt like forever. I crept out of my room with Cloudy. I wander cautiously to Aussie's room. I opened the door and saw my brother sitting in the corner of his room crying.

"Aussie?" I stepped closer to him but, he refused to acknowledge my presence. I kept walking closer to him. I reached out to pat him but, he hit my hand away. I rubbed my hand and stepped away from him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. Australia then stood up and looked at me. He had a large bruise covering half of his face.

"What do you think!" He shouted at me. Something felt wrong.

Australia's POV:

He hit me with a hard covered book when I slammed the door. I had had enough of everything. I sat in the corner and cried. I tried to be strong but, it is really hard when you can't escape the problem.

I heard the door open. I thought it might have been UK again but the footsteps were different. I wasn't sure who it was until they called my name. Kiwi. I didn't want him here. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

He kept walking towards me. Every step made me feel angrier. He tried to touch me. I hit his hand away. Surprisingly, he was persistent. I finally snapped when he asked me if I was okay.

I stood up and showed him my face. I could see him backing away. For some reason this only made me feel angry. I walked closer to him and he back into the wall. His eyes had fear in them. I continued to walk towards him.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I AM OKAY??!!" I shouted at him. I could see tears forming in his eyes. I punched the wall next to his head which made Kiwi whimper in fear.

"WHAT PART OF THIS MAKES YOU THINK I COULD BE OKAY??!!" I continued to shout at my little brother. He slid to the ground and cowered as he hugged his stupid sheep as if it would protect him.

 I was going to punch him out of anger when I paused and looked down at him. He was scared of me. Tears streamed down his face. I did this to him. I promised I would never let anything hurt him and I have already failed.

I backed away from him. Kiwi didn't move, he only cried. Guilt had overridden my anger. I made sure I was out of arm's length of Kiwi. Kiwi stood up slowly and cautiously. He walked to the door and left without saying a word.

I could already hear what was coming next. UK's heavy footsteps again. I did the first thing I could think of. I closed my door and blocked it with a chair. I hid under the bed and waited for what I knew was going to happen.

I could hear UK fumbling with the door handle. I could hear him shouting my name angrily and telling me to open the door. I didn't come out from under the bed. I just waited for him to break the door down.

But it didn't happen. UK gave up on trying to get in. I decided to stay under the bed. I didn't want to risk it. I lay under my bed just thinking about what had happened. I had scared my little brother. I almost hurt him. 

Suddenly there was a loud noise from Kiwi's room.