Tape

New Zealand's POV:

Several days passed and nothing interesting happened. I spent most of my time in my bedroom drawing pictures. I wanted to stick them to the walls but I didn't have anything to do it with. I thought to myself for a second. UK's office would have some tape.

I ventured down the stairs. UK was in the kitchen reading the newspaper. I sneaked past, making sure he didn't see me. I made it to the door of his office and opened it. I snuck in quietly and climbed on to his desk chair.

The desk was covered in strange papers. One of them said something about Boer's or something like that. I saw my name on one of the sheets and blank signature space next to it. I decided to ignore it and kept looking for something to stick my pictures to the wall.

I found some sticky tape and I was going to leave but the papers looked interesting. I picked one up and read through it. It talked about a war that would take place. It sounded strange. Suddenly the door opened. I froze.

"New Zealand, what are you going in my office?!" I heard the stern voice of UK standing behind me. I felt my heart stop and I slowly turned around to see him.

"I-I was just getting s-some tape," I said quietly. He was angry.

"Get out of my office!" He shouted. I jumped down from the desk chair and walked towards the door with the tape in my hand. I could feel UK's eyes watching me as I left. As soon as I was through the doorway, the door slammed shut behind me. I felt scared so I ran straight back to my room.

I shut the door and breathed heavily. I looked down at all my pictures and then at the tape in my hand. I calmed myself down and sat on the ground. I collected the papers around me and looked at each one. Most were pictures of my favourite animals and others were of my brothers.

I drew myself but I didn't like the picture. I scrunched it up and threw it under the bed so no one would find it. I got rid of a bunch of pictures I didn't like. Each one I scrunched up and threw under the bed. Once I was done, I had seven pictures left.

They were pictures of ships, sheep and kiwis. I taped them to the wall above my bed. I liked my pictures. Well, the ones that were left. I made sure to put the picture I drew of my brothers in the centre. I sat down on my bed and looked up at the work I had done. I was proud of it...

...For about three seconds and then I got bored. I decided to see what Aussie was doing. I knocked on his door and waited for a response. I didn't hear anything so I opened the door anyway.

As I did I heard a loud thud, as if something hit my bedroom window.

Australia's POV:

I heard a knock at my door. I wasn't going to open the door because I was... doing... important stuff... yeah! Important stuff. Suddenly the door opened anyway and I was completely unprepared. Kiwi stood at the door but promptly turned around we heard a sound.

I used his time distracted to pack up the tea party and put my animals back. Kiwi turned around again.

"Did you hear that?" Kiwi said turning around to talk to me. I nodded quickly. I heard another thud and got curious. Together we slowly walked toward Kiwi's room. There were four more thuds to be heard before we reached the bedroom.

We entered and slowly approached the window. Suddenly I found what had made the thud sound. An... ice cream hit the window. I got closer. I was extremely confused. I looked out the window and I saw Dad. He was trying to get our attention. He waved at us with the biggest smile. He told us to come down.

I looked at Kiwi and he was just as excited as I was. We ran down the stairs and out the back door. No one seemed to be around so no one saw us leave. We opened the door and ran full force into my Dad's arms.

"Hey kiddo, you forgot this," He smiled as he pointed to the esky. Kiwi opened it to make sure it was all there and indeed it was.

"Thanks, Dad!" I said brightly.

"Hide it somewhere safe and out of sight from UK, you got it?" Dad said.

"Sure thing dad!" I said picking up one side of the esky. Kiwi helped me with the other end and we started taking it inside.

"Where is UK anyway? Shouldn't he be watching you, boys?" He asked.

"He is in his office, I think he is sorting out the papers I looked through," Kiwi said.

"What papers?" Dad seemed confused.

"It said something about war and Boers," Kiwi answered.

"Oh god! You guys are just children!" Dad exclaimed. He muttered something to himself and then picked up the esky for us. We went inside and Dad didn't say anything until we got upstairs.

"So, where are we putting it?" He asked. We thought for a moment.

"In Kiwi's room. UK won't suspect him!" I said. Kiwi looked surprised but then he nodded and lead the way to his bedroom. His room was quite empty but his bed was elevated so would be able to fit the esky under the bed.

"Put the esky under his bed!" I ordered Dad. Dad did as I said and pushed the esky under the bed.

"It's called a chilly bin," Kiwi said smugly.

"It's called an esky," I said back.

"Chilly bin!"

"Esky!"

And before you know it we were fighting. Dad stopped us and put Kiwi on the bed.

"I have to go now, but you two must promise to behave and if either of you hear more about this war business tell me right away," Dad said. I nodded and so did Kiwi. I hugged Dad goodbye and he left. I looked back at Kiwi.

"It is a chilly bin," He said. And the fighting continued.