Midnight sewing lessons with Netherlands

Netherlands' POV:

All I could smell was smoke. I didn't really care at first, but the boys were very quiet. I was tired but I needed to make sure they weren't burning down the house. I walked up to the room and noticed that the shower was on.

I stood outside the door and listened in.

"Stop setting him on fire, I just wanted a lighter,"

"Oh please, it's not like it hurts him. He's used to it,"

"Set him on fire!"

"Shhh, Neth doesn't like it when I stay up late,"

I opened the door and it seemed to catch the boys off guard. America seemed to scream a little bit.

"I'm sorry!" New Zealand muttered quickly as he hid his face.

"Where is Australia?" I asked, completely ignoring New Zealand. He needs to grow up.

"He's taking a shower," Canada said.

"And why is he in the shower at this hour?"

"Uh, he uh, America..." Canada began to stutter.

"He got a little hot and sweaty," America joked.

It was at that moment Australia walked in dressed in a towel. He looked slightly shocked to see me there as well.

"Yo Aussie, why are you wearing the towel like that? You look like a girl," America laughed. Australia seemed to blush a little, holding his towel closer to his chest.

"Screw you Ame! Because of you I don't have any clothes!" He shouted angrily.

"Hey, just because he wears a towel like that, doesn't mean you should bully him," I explained. Standing in front of my so-... Australia.

Australia looked very embarrassed.

"New Zealand, lend him some of your clothes. Honestly Australia, why do you only have one set of clothes?" I said, partially annoyed.

New Zealand quickly grabbed Australia some of his clothes and gave them over.

"You don't expect me to make my own clothes do you?" Australia muttered.

"Well why not? You were showing me how well you can sew earlier today; I think I have a few extra materials lying around." I said as I thought about where I put the materials.

"You're serious?" Australia asked.

"Of course," I said.

"Ha! Australia's a girl!" America pointed and laughed.

"Sewing is a valuable skill, America. One day you will be in the heat of a war and get a hole in your sock. You could make the whole experience less annoying with a needle and thread." I defended myself.

I left the room quickly and found my old army jacket in a closet. It was more than enough material to make a shirt for each of the kids, they were quite small anyway.

I brought the jacket back to the room and sat down on the bed. Australia had gotten dressed and seemed to be fighting a bit with America. I noticed the sewing kit in the room earlier and pulled out a pair of scissors from it and cut the jacket into quarters.

"Now, each of you grab a needle and thread, I'm going to show you kids how to make a t-shirt," I smiled.

Australia's POV:

I didn't know it was girly to wear your towel like that. America is so mean. It's not girly to sew either. I know France does it all the time, but she fixes things for UK all the time. I'll never marry anyone, so I need to know how to do it myself.

I actually enjoyed learning how to sew with Netherlands. He was really good at it too. I mean, he's a man and he sews. It's not girly.

"No America, you are supposed to tie the knot beforehand or the stitches will come undone." Netherlands seemed to be having trouble with America.

"I did tie a knot," America kept complaining.

"Did you do it just like I showed you? Remember, wrap the thread around your finger, roll it off and pull,"

"This is dumb, it keeps coming undone,"

"Pass it here. Watch closely, like this," Netherlands went over many things with America, but he never understood it. Unlike Canada, Kiwi and I, who were doing well.

I decided to go back over a couple of stitches because they looked quite weak and would probably become loose. It didn't take me long to finish and I even tried stitching my name into the sleeve, but I accidentally spelt it 'Austraia' so before anyone noticed, I changed the 'i' to a 'y'. Canada saw and was confused.

"Austraya?" He said confused.

"Yeah, it's my nickname..." I lied.

"You may as well call yourself 'Straya' while you are cutting out letters," America laughed at me.

"Who knows? Maybe I will," I said as I stuck out my tongue.

"I stitched stars into mine," Kiwi smiled, holding his t-shirt up to my face. Kiwi quickly slipped into his t-shirt, but one of the seams ripped.

"I'll fix it!" I said quickly, rethreading my needle. Kiwi stayed while I fixed the seam.

"You are doing a great job, Australia, I'm proud of you," Netherlands smiled.

"Proud? Of me?" I muttered to myself.

"Of course," Netherlands patted me on the back. Since then, I couldn't stop thinking about it. He's proud of me. The last person who ever said that to me was Dad. But that was years ago.

"I give up! This is so stupid!! Who needs to sew anyway!!" America threw his 't-shirt' on the ground.

"Oh come on, maybe I can teach you guys how to sew your own flag," Netherlands said.

"Flag, you say?! I'm in!" America said excitedly.

"As much as I would like too, I'll save those lessons until tomorrow, because I'm tired and it's 3 in the morning. So good job, but good to bed," Netherlands said as he stood up.

"Nooo! I want to make a flag!" America whined.

"Tomorrow, I promise," He yawned.

"Good night," I said as Netherlands was about to walk out the door. He turned around and smiled at me.

"Good night. Now actually get some sleep,"