Tied to a chair

Tonga's POV:

So here I am. Tied to a chair in Palau's house. Palau and Maori are just chatting and eating together, and I am in the room over, tied to a chair, facing the wall with a box over my head.

Palau had had enough. But I still think that it was unfair to lock Dolphin in a house like some princess. She isn't a princess, she is a warrior. She isn't supposed to be locked up, and neither am I!

I tried to stand up, promptly forgetting that I had been tied to a chair. I fell directly on my face and rolled to the side. At least the box came off, but I noticed it read, 'Don't disturb the idiot'. Nice touch... Now being in a much worse place than before, I wriggled around on the floor, trying to get my hands free.

"It's times like these I wish I didn't teach Palau those fishing knots," I muttered to myself.

Giving up on untying the knot, I managed to get off the ground and onto my feet. I had to be quiet to try to escape. Luckily for me, it sounded like the girls were in deep conversation. But looking around, I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to the door, but I could make it to the window by climbing on the bed and diving out.

That was my plan. There was no way it was going to backfire.

...

"Dammit." I mumbled to myself.

I was halfway through the window when I mistimed my jump. The bed moved away from the wall, and now I'm stuck hanging on the window sill like a seesaw. My legs can't touch the ground and my stomach is starting to hurt. It was going to bruise, I could feel it.

I wasn't going to give up yet though. I used my newly found seesaw skills to rock myself back and forth until my feet could touch the wall in which I pushed against the wall, pushing me through the window.

It would have been a flawless get away if I didn't land on my elbow. But I was free. Not from the chair, but the house I was free from.

I managed to get myself on my feet again. I was on the run. Time to help Dolphin escape.

It was quite a challenge to run while tied to a chair, but I made it work. After tripping over several times, I got into a motion and was able to run without tripping. I knew the general direction of Dolphin's new house, so I just headed there.

After what felt like ages of running, I made it and went to knock on the door. I should have known better since my hands were behind my back and the door had been locked from the outside. So instead, I looked for a window.

It was awkward, but I was able to spot Dolphin through a window. She was sitting on the floor with her knees curled up to her chest. She didn't look sad, just lonely.

Maori's POV:

"So you are giving up on him?" Palau asked me.

"I don't know anymore. Every time I try, he gets further away," I muttered.

"Do you think he is actually happy where he is?" She asked.

"I don't even know where he is! Every time I track him down, he disappears! He isn't living with UK and I don't even think he wants to see me. I'm running out of ideas." I felt completely drained.

I am so tired of trying to reach Aotearoa. I get so close but I never made it. It's getting tiring and my motivation is at an all time low. Giving up just seems so friendly. I wouldn't be getting myself hurt and I wouldn't have to worry about him.

But I do! He is my brother! He is everything to me! I can't go through a day without worrying about his safety. But he has new brothers, a new family. He has lived with them for so long, I don't think he would even want to leave.

"It's so hard!" I shouted.

Palau patted my back, trying to comfort me.

"Look, we all know UK sucks. He has wronged all of us. But your brother is still gone because of him," Palau tried to reason.

"It wasn't UK that took him away from me... It was Netherlands." I mumbled.

"Do you know where he lives?" Palau asked.

"No... I spent the first years looking for Netherlands, but I didn't even know where to look. I just wandered around hoping I would find Roa." I explained.

"If I were you, I would just go up to him and demand him back," Palau said.

"I have tried that, but you have seen what he has done to me. I don't want that to happen anymore. I just want Kiwi back. I don't want anyone else to get hurt," I felt like crying.

"Hey, one way or another, we will get him back. I will make sure of that," Palau promised.

"Uh, I don't know if you wanted to know or not, but Tonga escaped," Fiji mumbled. I had completely forgotten that he was here.

"Oh, he is dead," Palau muttered as she stood up. I held her hand and looked up at her.

"Let him go. He is just protective of Dolphin," I muttered.

"Fine." She sighed, sitting down next to me again.

"On another note, can I have my eyepatch back?" Fiji asked. He was feeling a little sour because we made him wash it. It was getting really gross.

Suddenly there was a knock. Palau stood up to see who it was and soon enough she walked back inside with France and another little girl.

"Oh, hi France." I muttered sourly.

"I was actually looking for you, but you weren't home. I was going to just drop her off here, but I thought that I had better let one of you guys know. This is New Caledonia." France smiled. The little girl looked to be slightly older than Dolphin.

But, there was something about her, I couldn't quite place it.

"Actually, France. While you are here, we have a few questions," Palau said.