Flowers

Ukraine's POV:

"Bela, be quiet," I said to my sister as we began to sneak out of the house. Papa was passed-out drunk in the lounge and my other siblings were playing in their rooms. I promised Bela we could go to the park.

I had made arrangements to meet Nada there. Bela overheard us talking at the meeting and wanted to see New Zealand. Canada said he would be happy to go. Belarus was excited to see her little friend again.

"The back door is locked," Bela whispered. I could hear Papa snoring loudly in the lounge.

"Uh, we can take the front door," I said unsurely. Although Papa was passed out, it doesn't take much to wake him up. Bela nodded and we crept passed the lounge to the front door. I tried the door. At least it was unlocked.

I opened the door slowing and let Bela outside first. I slowly closed the door behind me hoping not to make a noise. As soon as we were out of the house, we could smell the fresh air. Being locked inside an alcoholic's house for days on end messes with your senses.

Belarus smiled and we began to take the long walk to the park. On the way, Bela talked about her favourite sweets. She was quite obsessed with anything that tasted sweet. I rolled my eyes.

It was quite a walk, but at least it was a nice day. Papa would usually walk us to the park when he is sober enough to do so which isn't very often. Otherwise, Russia takes us there. Neither Russia or Papa would like us leaving the house on our own. Papa only trusts Russia.

As we continued walking, I began to see the park. Bela saw it too and raced off ahead of me. I tried to catch up but she was already greeting Nada and New Zealand. The two of them were sitting on the swings.

Nada looked over at me and smiled. I walked over to him slowly, returning a smiled. Canada ran up to me and gave me half a hug, because of his arm.

"Ukraine! How are you?" Canada smiled widely.

"I'm doing alright," I laughed.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Nada announced as he pulled a bag off of his back. He pulled out some sandwiches and fruit. My eyes widened. Canada would always do stuff like this. Papa rarely fed us, so having Nada give us food was like Christmas.

Bela grabbed a sandwich and an apple and ran off to play on the slide with New Zealand. Canada sat down on a bench and patted the space next time him, signalling for me to down next to him.

I did and he handed me a sandwich. I ate the sandwich slowly to savour it. Canada ate a sandwich himself and looked at his little brother play on the slide. I looked at his cast. I could see the little flower I drew on his cast and smiled.

Suddenly, an idea came to my mind. I hopped off the bench and headed towards the bushes lining the park. I came back with a tonne of flowers and I started weaving them into flower crowns.

France's POV:

I had wondered what was going on with New Zealand for a while. So, I went to see his sister. She seemed surprised to see me and especially when I mentioned her brother. Maori immediately told me to follow her. I did as she asked.

Maori took me around her home and got me to sit down by a small stream. She had a desperate look on her face. She sat down in front of me and looked me in eyes all serious like.

"What have you got to tell me about my brother?" She said.

"Can you tell me about what your brother was like?" I asked. I thought that it would be best to hear what his background was like before jumping to conclusions as UK does.

"Why do you want to know?" Maori responded. We seemed to be going back and forwards with questions.

"I don't want him to get hurt and I need to know so he stays safe," I answered.

"Safe? From what? My brother will stand up to anything that threatens him or his family," Maori responded. The one thing I did not want to hear. New Zealand could be in a lot of trouble if that is what he aims to do. Protect.

"Tell me! What does he need to be safe from!?" Maori demanded. I could see that both New Zealand and his sister seemed quite different but similar in a way.

"Your brother is just having a difficult time adjusting to the modern world," I said calmly.

"What! He should be here helping me! The modern world is terrible and we promised to get used to it together!" She shouted. I had no idea she felt that way.

"Maori? What are you doing?" A small yawning voice came from behind me. I turned around to see a young boy with an emblem eye-patch.

"You must be Fiji!" I greeted the boy.

"Fiji! Go back to bed!" Maori shouted at him.

"I'm trying! But you keep yelling!" Fiji shouted back. I felt like I was interrupting something. Fiji and Maori continued shouting at each other for a while until Fiji stormed off and went back to bed.

"Sorry about that France, he is the difficult one of the family," She sighed. I nodded respectfully.

"Actually, now that you bring that up, where are your parents?" I asked.

"We never had parents, we looked after each other and that is our family," Maori explained. We talked for a couple of hours about different topics until I needed to leave. I waved her goodbye and left.

On the drive home I passed the park. I saw four kids playing there. They looked familiar but I passed to quickly to think of who they might be. Maybe I could take the boys to the park so they could make new friends.

I drove UK's house and knocked on the door. The poor boys probably wanted something decent to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! It is I again!

Two things!

1. I want to thank all of the people who have made fanart and even a really cool animation for my story! You are all so talented and I really want to give you guys an extra big digital hug!!

2. lolheadeath has submitted a dare that I really like the idea of! The boys are able to tell UK to do anything they want without him refusing to do so. SO, if you have some ideas on what you want the brothers to command UK to do sumit them in the comments on this chapter and this dare will be like a special bonus!!

You have until saturday to submit questions, dares and commands!

The Author!

(also, this is the 69th chapter... I just thought you should know)