Restaurant

New Zealand's POV:

I wanted to leave and run away, but Netherlands was one step ahead of me and had put a child leash on me. I felt humiliated as I walked into the large shopping mall. Australia walked next to me the entire way. Netherlands was still smoking, and I felt suffocated by it.

I hated this already and put my hood up, hoping to avoid the staring eyes of the others at the mall.

"Netherlands, I'm hungry," Aussie whined, pointing over to the food court.

"You can get food when you call me 'dad'," Netherlands said, walking passed the food court.

"Can we get food, dad?" Aussie asked again.

"That's better," Netherlands said. He yanked on the leash and dragged me over to the food court.

We went into a small restaurant and sat down at a table. Aussie was keen to read the menu, I wasn't willing to accept whatever Netherlands wants to buy us. The waiter approached our table and started taking Aussie's order.

"New Zealand, aren't you going to get something to eat?" Netherlands asked.

"Kaore au i te matekai," I muttered, crossing my arms (I'm not hungry). I noticed him take the cigarette from his mouth and look down at me angrily. I got chills as I pulled my arms in closer to my body.

"Tell the waiter what you want to eat in English," Netherlands commanded. I hated him so much and I would not speak English to him out of spite.

I pointed to the kids fish and chips meal and the waiter noted it down before walking away. I felt a sharp burning pain in my leg and flinched slightly. I looked down to see Netherlands putting out his cigarette on my leg. It hurt like hell and I wanted to cry. I bit my tongue through the pain, not to make a scene.

"Kiwi? Is something wrong?" Aussie asked, obviously recognising my pain. Netherlands lifted the cigarette off my leg and flicked it under the table. I shook my head in response to Aussie's question, putting on a tense smile, knowing that I will get in more trouble if I told the truth.

I covered the burn mark with my hand and gripped the surrounding area, hoping it will ease the pain. It was my fault for wearing shorts today.

Our food finally arrived, and I still wasn't hungry. I just stabbed at the fish on my plate while trying to ignore the pain that continued to sting. It wasn't but a few moments later, when I heard a familiar voice.

Well, voices. They were coming into the restaurant and as they were about to pass our table, Netherlands noticed them.

"Well, Mr Soviet, it's been a while," Netherlands said. Soviet stopped and started talking to Netherlands. Australia seemed uncomfortable. He had all his kids with him, which meant... Belarus.

She looked at me and smiled. I waved to her with my hand that wasn't covering the burn mark.

"I thought these were UK's kids," Soviet commented, pointing to Aussie and me.

"UK lost it and was found abusing Australia in public, he lost custody and now these two brats are mine," Netherlands said. With every word that came out of his mouth, it felt like I was being burnt with more cigarettes.

Mumbling small insults under my breath in my own language, hoping that Nether wouldn't understand most of it to get the idea that I was insulting him, very strongly.

America's POV:

Spain took me to McDonald's. I wasn't able to get the bandages back on, so I covered my arms with an old hoodie of mine. Spain and I had just sat down after I ordered many amounts of chicken nuggets.

I wasn't feeling thrilled. But suddenly, I heard the door open and something made me feel better. I looked up to see Canada walking in with Mom. I got super excited and waved over to him. Canada looked over at me and I could see the grin grow on his face.

He ran over to me and I stood up from the table to hug him. It took everything in my power to stop myself from crying; I was just so happy to see him again.

Mom walked over as well and smiled at our brief reunion. Canada and Mom ordered before they sat down with Spain and me to eat. It felt like it had been forever since I had seen him. What would be a miracle now would be if Australia and New Zealand walked in too.

Unfortunately, they didn't join us. They were probably off having a great time with Mr Netherlands. They were lucky that they got to stay together. Being alone is hard.

The door opened again and a strange man wandered inside but didn't go to the counter, which was strange. He just took a seat next to the playground. I tried to ignore him, but he gave me an uncomfortable feeling.

Canada and I ditched Mom and Spain to play on the McDonald's playground. We ran around the playground playing many games ranging from spy games to hide 'n seek. Everything felt perfect again.

But I just couldn't quite shake this weird feeling. Like everything would get a lot worse. A part of me wondered, what happened to Dad? Where did he go? All these questions just made me feel nervous.

"I found you, Ame!" Canada announced, poking my arm playfully.

"Okay, I will count and you hide," I said, covering my eyes and counting down from twenty.

"3.2.1. Ready or not, here I come!" I said loud enough for him to hear.

I started looking around in all the places I would usually hide. I couldn't find him though. I searched the playground high and low, but I still couldn't find him. I couldn't understand. He was terrible at hide 'n' seek. I would have found him by now. Unless he was playing dirty.

I gave the playground another look before straying to the rest of the restaurant. I looked under tables behind the bins and eventually decided he was probably hiding in the bathroom.

I entered the men's bathroom and looked around. He wasn't anywhere in the open and only one stall was closed. I thought it was probably him.

"Canada, I know you are in there! Hiding in the bathroom is against the rules!" I complained as I knocked on the stall door. I got no response until I heard the toilet flush and the door opened. A man walked out and looked down at me as if I was crazy. I got really confused.

I ran back out to the playground, feeling unsettled. In hopes to get him to come out of his hiding spot, I called his name and told him that the game was over. But he didn't come out.

A few moments later, Mom came into the playground area and asked where Canada was.

"I can't find him!" I shouted nervously. Mom and Spain started looking around, but with no luck. We got the cashiers to help find him. But we couldn't find him at all. That was when I noticed the strange man was missing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a little heads up, I won't be updating for the next few days but I'm not dead and will continue when I'm back sometime next week.

I hope you all are doing well in this awful time. I'm sending digital hugs to you guys! So stay safe, wash your hands, and social distance.