Files

America's POV:

I was really annoyed because I didn't my oil back. Australia just locked himself in his room when he came home. He knew better than to steal my oil. Maybe I shouldn't be so mad at him. I heard the fight at breakfast and the fight when dad brought him back home.

I tried to block out the sound coming from downstairs. I could hear each strike. I waited in my room for about an hour. Just long enough for dad to cool off. I have made mistakes in the past when I tried to ask him for something after he 'punished' Aussie.

Now that I think about it, Australia didn't get treated very well. I didn't like him all that much, to be honest. Why? Oh, I know! Dad's office has information about everything.

It was a stupid idea but, I was bored and curious to find out. I decided I would wait till after dinner when everyone is in bed. I had my plan sorted. All I needed to do was wait. And eat.

I head down to the kitchen trying my best to avoid dad. I went to look in the pantry for something to eat.

"Excuse me, but what exactly are you doing?" I froze in place. It was dad.

"I was just hungry," I said as I turned around slowly.

"It's dinner time, not time to be filling yourself with junk," He angrily. Because mom wasn't here it meant dad was cooking and his food sucked.

...At the dinner table...

I looked down at the stuff on my plate. I couldn't even tell what it was. I watched a Canada took a bit and tried to swallow it. Emphasis on the 'tried'. Australia and New Zealand were sitting at the table but weren't given anything to eat as more 'punishment'. Lucky them. Dad forced me to finish the whole plate. I felt like I was gonna vomit.

I could Aussie and Zea cringe every time I took a bite and tried not to throw up. I left the table and went to the bathroom and full-on vomited. Canada must have had the same problem, cause he was knocking like crazy on the bathroom door.

When I had finished I opened the door to see a blur rush passed my face and almost dive headfirst into the toilet. I turned around to see Canada throwing up as well. What was on the plate? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

...bedtime...

I waited in my bedroom until I knew for sure that everyone was in bed. I creaked open my door and walked downstairs. The house was dark so I did my best to navigate. I made it to dads office without breaking anything for once.

The door was unlocked but, at least dad wasn't in there. I closed the door behind me and turned on the light. I began looking through the filing cabinets. I searched for a while when I found a few folders of interest. 'Colonies of the UK'.

"Hello?" The door opened wide.

New Zealand's POV:

It got really awkward at dinner time. UK told me and Aussie that we weren't allowed to eat dinner and as further punishment, we weren't allowed to sit next to each other. I was kind of grateful that I wasn't allowed to eat dinner because I watched America and Canada struggle to eat dinner.

After dinner, UK told us to go to bed. My brothers did as he asked but I didn't. UK didn't seem to care, he just went to his bedroom. All the lights in the house went out. I sat on the couch quietly thinking to myself.

About half an hour later I was sitting behind the couch. I had gotten bored of sitting on the couch so I thought behind would be a little more interesting. I started playing with the loose bandage around my wrist.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I peeked over the top of the couch to see someone walk into one of the closed doors off of the living room. The door closed and I could see a slight glow from the crack under the door.

I got out from behind the couch and walked over to the door. I waited for a few minutes, listening in. I decided to open the door.

"Hello?" I said. America turned around looking rather frightened. I didn't think I was that scary. He was holding a rather thick folder. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat down next to him. He put the folder in front of us.

"It's a ton of information about us," He said as he opened the folder. America pulled out a file that was titled 'Australia'. America began looking through it.

"Hey, did you know that Australia used to be called New Holland," He laughed as he pointed to the file. I shook my head. I looked down at the open folder. I saw my name on one of the files. I picked it up and began reading it.

New Zealand

Other name/s: Aotearoa, Nueva Zelanda

Biological family: Maori (twin sister), Fiji (younger brother), Malaysia (Younger brother)

Other family: Netherlands (past adoptive father), UK (current adoptive father), Australia (adoptive older brother), America (adoptive older brother), Canada (adoptive older brother)

Other information: He has no existing biological parents. He helped raise his two younger brothers with the help of his sister. New Zealand has shown hostility in the past to his past adoptive father. He knows enough English to have a proper conversation with. He is a little behind in experience when it comes to basic knowledge.

...

How does he know this much about me? As I continued reading, I didn't understand all of as my knowledge of the English language was very basic. I ended up getting America to explain most of it.

"America, what does this mean?" I pointed to a word of the page that showed up quite frequently throughout the file. America took a look at it.

"Do you really want me to tell you what that means?" He asked. I was confused but, I nodded my head.

"Okay, well the word 'orphan' means you don't have parents," He explained. I was still confused.

"Parents?"

"You know the ones that brought you to this world, your mom and dad,". The more he tried to explain the more confused I got.

"Do you not know what parents are?" I looked concerned.

"From what you say, I never had any except for Netherlands and UK," I said.

"That's why you're an orphan," He sounded frustrated.

Suddenly the door swung open.