Mum

France's POV:

"Don't worry France, I doubt they will find him,".

"Are you sure? They are very persistent,".

"They are but, how far do you think they will get? Trust me, my dear, New Zealand isn't going anywhere," UK said. UK told me about he had seen one of New Zealand's brothers in the back garden. He the boy was trying to take New Zealand back but, UK interveined.

"By the way, we should probably call the doctor," UK reminded me.

"Oh yes, I forgot,". I walked over to the house phone and dialled the number. As I waited for an answer I saw Australia and Canada making breakfast together. How nice.  Canada seemed very strict though.

"Hello, this is the local GP, how may I help you?" The phone finally answered and I quickly started talking. After about ten minutes I got off the phone. The lady that answered said that what New Zealand has could be serious and that they would send someone over. I put the phone down and walked to the kitchen to clean up the breakfast dishes the boys left in the sink.

I put away the cereal and maple syrup and wiped down the table. I turned around to wash the dishes. About half-way through drying a plate, I heard the fridge door open.

"Good morning America," He was caught by surprise.

"How did you know?" He asked closing the fridge.

"I have eyes in the back of my head," I laughed as I finished drying the plate and picked up another dish.

"No fair," He laughed back.

"What are you looking for anyway," I asked.

"Breakfast,"

"Chocolate is not breakfast. Have some cereal," I said pointing to the pantry.

"Nevermind, I'm not hungry," He said as walked out of the kitchen. After I finished in the kitchen I went outside to water the plants, as always.

I walked outside and picked up the light green watering can and filled it with water. I walked over to the vegetable garden America decided to grow when he was younger and more productive. He completely forgot about it so I have been doing my best to keep it alive for him.

I continued watering the plants all around the garden. As I came closer to the back of the garden I could see Australia sitting by a tree. I walked over to him and he looked up at me.

"Good morning, Australia," I smiled. He nodded his head slowly with a faint smile on his face.

"What are you doing out here?".

"Saying hello to Stevie," He sighed. Australia really loved that snake. He made feel as if I just murdered the most important person to him. I hope he realises the snake is dead. I Iooked at the small mound of dirt that probably covered the dead snake.

"How is New Zealand?" Australia asked looking at his feet sadly.

"Not very well at the moment but, I called the doctor to come and have a look at him," I answered truthfully.

"Oh, so would I be able to see him," He looked at me.

"No, not yet. I'm sorry," It hurt me to say that but, I needed to be honest.

"Honey the Doctor is here," I heard UK called from the house.

"Coming,".

Canada's POV:

I was sitting with Australia and America outside New Zealand's door, listening into the conversation. I usually don't like to intrude on conversations but I was concerned for my brother.

"Could you stop!" America said quietly. I noticed I was tapping my fingers on the wall and stopped. I always fidget when I'm nervous. I want to know if New Zealand is going to be okay. Australia was sitting next to me with his ear pressed against the door.

"Mates! They are talking!" Aussie announced and America and I listened in closer.

"Your son has tetanus," I could hear the doctor talking.

"Oh dear," that was definitely France.

"Well, what can we do?" UK.

"I will give you a prescription for some medication and you will need to change his bandages every morning. He should be better in a month or two, but if the fever doesn't go down by the end of the week call me up again."

"Okay, is there anything else we should be aware of?" UK asked.

"Make sure eats properly and gets plenty of rest,"

"Alright. Thank you,". The door opened Aussie, America and I fell into the room and landed at the feet of Dad. He looked down at us with an unimpressed expression on his face. My brothers and I stood up and stepped out of the way of him.

I looked over at the bed where New Zealand lay. He let out a little laugh as he looked at us. Mum was right. He didn't look very well at all. New Zealand's eyes looked very tired and he was sweating a little. 

Australia ran over to him and hugged him after the doctor left the room. Aussie leaned closer to New Zealand and whispered something in his ear. New Zealand instantly perked up and tried to look out the window but Aussie stopped him and whispered to him again. New Zealand quickly lost his smile and slumped down back in bed.

"I need someone to come with me to get the medication for New Zealand," France announced

"I'll come!" I said quickly.

"Wonderful,".

...

Not too long later and Mum and I are in the car driving to the store. It's quiet, but not the uncomfortable kind of quiet more like the peaceful kind. When we pulled up to the store France pulled out a piece of paper and got out of the car. I got out of the car too and walked beside her into the store.

She walked up to the counter started talking to the lady behind the counter. Once she was done we sat down on a couple of seats nearby. Now the silence was awkward.

"Hey, Mum," I asked trying to break the silence.

"Yes, Canada," She replied.

"What is wrong with New Zealand?"

"New Zealand has a tetanus infection which could be fatal if he does not have the medication," She answered.

"So, New Zealand could die?"

"Well yes, but it is very unlikely. New Zealand will be fine, I promise," Mum said doing her best to reassure me.

"Prescription for France!" The lady over the counter called. Mum stood up and walked over to the counter and collected the medication.

"Let's go him Canada," She said.

"Okay,".