Unknown place

Tuvalu’s POV:

I opened my eyes slowly. I was in a darkly lit room. I was lying in a bed covered in warm blankets.

I tried to sit up, but I felt a sharp pain and collapsed back down on the bed. I noticed I was wearing new clothes that were quite oversized for me. I ended up pulling the blankets off my body and slowly rolling out of the bed.

I rolled onto my feet and I could still feel the pain but it wasn’t as bad as when I tried to put pressure on it.

I looked around the room and I couldn’t recognise anything and suddenly the realisation that I couldn’t Maori or Tonga made me panic a little but I kept myself calm and looked around. I thought I was still in UK's house, but in a different room.

"Let me out!” I shouted I hope to get his attention.

I had heard stories from my brothers and sisters about being alone with UK, so I had a feeling of anxiety while I was waiting for some kind of response. After a while or no relpy I decided it would be best if he didn’t hear me anyway. I let out a small sigh and walked around the room, looking for something to help my situation.

Thinking back to the stories my brothers and sisters would tell me, I tried to come up with another plan. While looking around the room, I found nothing useful. Not a single shard of glass or piece of rope. I’m starting to think that my siblings had it lucky when escaping him. So, I decided to try the door.

To my surprise, the door wasn’t locked nor barricaded. It seemed a little strange, but I’ll take whatever.

I realised the place was very neat and clean and different. Something felt very wrong. I had only seen UK’s house for a short while, but I was sure it had two stories. I continued to wander around the house before I saw Tonga alseep on the couch. I looked around the room and then tried to wake him up.

I tried shaking him awake but it hurt me too much and I flinched in pain and decided to just poke him until he woke up. I started poking his face and watched as his sleeping expression turned to one of annoyance. After a while of poking, he grabbed my hand and opened his eyes.

“Dolphin, what are you doing?” He groaned looking at me tiredly.

“We need to get Maori and get out of here,” I explained.

“We aren’t in UK’s house anymore,” Tonga yawned.

“Then where’s Maori?” I asked.

“She couldn’t come with us,”  He mumbled.

“What?” I muttered to myself.

“But, we need to save her-” I started.

“Shh, I’m tired. We can try again later once your cuts heal,” Tonga said, sitting up and looking at me.

“I failed?” I said. I could feel tears welling behind my eyes.

“Oh Dolphin, you didn’t fail, you just haven’t won yet,” Tonga smiled with a yawn. He pulled me into a hug and fell asleep trapping me in his arms.

I was not going home until I saved Maori.

Australia's POV:

I sat at the table with Dad 2. He seemed to go on and on about France. I felt a little uncomfortable but he seemed pretty mellow and actually bearable compared to UK. He was also very interested in what happened when I lived with Dad 1.

“So, do you remember much about before living with Ireland?” He asked.

“No,” I answered.

“Oh,” He sounded disappointed.

“Why do you have a picture of me as a baby?” I asked.

“That’s not a picture of you,” He said, his expression dropped.

“Of course it’s me, Dad has the same picture and told me it was me as a baby,” I explained.

“It’s not you! Okay, do you understand?” He shouted angrily.

“But-”

“That’s final. Go play with your brother,” He demanded. I decided it would be better to just follow his instructions.

I got down from the table a walked into the lounge where Kiwi was sitting, hugging his toy sheep tightly.

“Did he hurt you?” He asked.

I shook my head and sat down next to him. Kiwi was quiet and looked down at the ground.

“How is your sheep?” I asked.

“Cloudy is better. Thanks for fixing him,” He muttered.

“No problem,” I sighed. The mood seemed very low and uncomfortable.

After a while of just sitting there, I decided maybe it would be better to play outside. It was a little cold, but it was better than being inside. Kiwi came outside with me and we had a lot more fun out there. It started to dribble a bit, but the rain was actually fun to play in.

I found a small ball in the grass and Kiwi and I began throwing it between the two of us. Back and forth, back and forth. Until I threw it a little too high and it went over Kiwi’s head.

“I’ll get it!” Kiwi shouted as he started running through the grass to collect the ball. But as he ran, I could see him begin to fall backwards as he tripped on something. Worried, I raced over to my brother to see if he was okay. He seemed to pick up something.

“I’m okay, I just tripped over a car,” He explained. As I got closer, I recognised the toy car. The blue and red colouring on the sides of the car. It looked so dirty and unuseable. Kiwi tried to drive it across his leg but the wheels wouldn’t turn.

“It looks so cool,” Kiwi smiled, looking down at the car.

“Really? It looks like trash,” I grumbled.

“I will clean it and soon it will be faster than your cars!” He announced bravely.

Kiwi marched back inside, with his dirty car and toy sheep in his hands.