Peace and quiet

France's POV:

I was enjoying a bit of a quiet day. No need to worry about the boys and I haven't heard anything from UK in a while. I had sat down with a nice glass of wine and a book. But my peace was quickly desturbed when a little girl wandered into my house and sat on the coffee table in front of me.

"Bonjour," She smiled (Hello). I placed my book down on the table next to her and finished my wine.

I kept forgetting about this little girl. I was never sure where she came from, but she speaks french and likes following me around. She tends to come and go and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to look after her or not. She seems to be able to cope on her own.

"Que faites-vous ici?" I asked (What are you doing here?). She looked at me blankly for a few moments.

"Je m'ennuie," She answered (I'm bored,).

I rolled my eyes and picked her up. She was small and acted much like a rag doll. She was a strange child, if I would have to guess, the result of one of my father's many journeys. Still I was craving the peace I had before and I needed to get rid of her.

I didn't want to deal with her. So, I figured the best course of action was to give her away and who better to give her away to than to that little community of wannabe countries. It's cute. I'm sure they would take this little one in.

But, when I explained this to her, she wasn't as keen as I was hoping. I didn't really matter what she thought anyway, she was not staying here.

"Je ne veux pas y aller," She whined (I don't want to go).

"Croyez-moi, vous l'aimerez là-bas," I sighed as I dragged her to the car (Trust me, you will like it there).

"Non!" She complained, but she was too small to make a difference. The entire ride there, she was actually rather tame, but when we got to the community, she was back to arguing with me again.

As we were walking through the community, I noticed a young boy who seemed to be tied to a chair sprint across the clearing. If I wasn't so confused, I would have laughed at how ridiculous he looked. But I had a mission.

I knew that Maori was going through a tricky and stressful time, so I figured Palau would be a decent candidate for second place. I just needed to find her place. Things worked differently around here so I was having a little trouble finding her house.

"Je ne veux pas y aller!" She complained (I don't want to go!). I eventually found Palau's house.

"J'ai besoin que tu sois poli. Ils sont comme toi," I explained to her (I need you to be polite. They are like you,). She didn't respond, she just stood behind me, holding onto my hand. I knocked on the door.

America's POV:

My eyes burst open, it felt like it was hard to breathe. Small bubbles of air escaped my mouth as I tried to stay alive. I was sure what way was up and what way was down. But I started to swim in a direction, any direction, just hoping I wasn't swimming away from the surface.

Holding my breath, I saw something. They bottom of a small boat. I saw so close to the surface, so close to safety. I was about to break the water's surface, but... I couldn't. It was like I was trapped under ice, but it was just as flexible to bend with the waves.

The boat started sailing away. Panicking, I desperately tried to break the surface. I couldn't scream for help either, I could feel everything around me get colder and darker. But that was when I felt someone grab my arm and pull me above the surface.

Lying on the surface of the water, I coughed until I could breathe again and looked up to see who saved me. My brothers. All three of them stood above me.

"Quick, a$$hole! They are getting away!" Australia shouted, pulling arm. I got to my feet and ran after them. The ground was unsteady but I managed to keep my balance. After blindly running for what felt like hours, I looked up. They were gone.

I stopped in my tracks and looked around. I couldn't see them anywhere. Suddenly, a large wave started forming at my feet and within the wave my brother's were trapped. They banged and shouted on the surface like I had done and I ran to help them. I reached inside the wave and Australia grabbed my hand. I pulled him out and went to help New Zealand.

He grabbed my hand, but when I tried to pull him out, it seemed that he was stuck. So I pulled out Canada first. I tried to help New Zealand again, but it looked like his body was disintegrating. I turned around to see Australia and Canada melting into the surface. The water turned black and all waves stopped until the water was completely still. It was eerily silent.

I could hear a quiet mumbling. Someone was crying out for help. The mumbling quickly turned into cries of desperation and screaming. I didn't know where it was coming from. Suddenly my feet began sinking through the surface of the water, I tried running, but I was too deep.

I was struggling to keep my head above the surface. I felt something grab my leg and drag me down.

"Wake up!" Australia whispered, he was shaking my leg to wake me up. I opened my eyes to see it was still dark.

"What?" I asked tiredly.

"You peed yourself," He pointed out. I was a little confused at what he was before I looked down and noticed the bed was wet. I quickly ran to the bathroom and Australia lended me some pants he found. We didn't know how to clean the mattress I was sleeping on, so we just flipped it over.

"Do not tell the others," I whispered to Australia.

"If I wanted to I would have woken up the others first," Australia rolled his eyes.