Picnic

New Zealand's POV:

I could hear Australia fighting with France upstairs. UK told me to find a ball or something I could play with at the picnic. I walked out the back door and wandered over to the shed Australia had gotten his 'footy' from when he was showing me how to play. 

I opened the shed door. The inside of the shed was very dusty and covered in cobwebs. There were a couple of shelves that held a series of old equipment. I found the 'footy ball' Aussie and I played with a couple of days ago and exited the shed. 

I ran to the back door which was closed now. Strange I don't remember closing the door. I went for the handle but it was locked.

"We are going now" I could hear UK call from inside. I knocked on the door frantically until I saw America making faces at me through the window.

"Let me in!" I asked him, but he didn't respond.

"America have you seen New Zealand?" I saw UK  approaching America from inside. I knocked on the door again to get UK's attention. It worked. UK opened the door and pulled me inside. America was still making faces at me. UK caught on to this and grabbed America by the ear.

"Ow ow ow," America whined.

"You must treat your new brother with respect. And what happened you two were having fun together not too long ago?" UK said still pulling America by his ear. I followed them to the car where Aussie, Canada and France were all waiting. I got in the car climbing over Aussie so I could sit as far away from America as I could. UK and France sat in the front with UK behind the wheel, while Canada and Aussie were in the middle and America and I on either side. I placed the ball down by my feet and put on the seatbelt.

The car started moving. I looked around the car. The last time I had been in the car was really late at night. Australia was sitting next to me with his arms crossed and an annoyed expression on his face. Canada sat next to Aussie and was trying to look out the front window. When I looked at America he looked back at me and pulled another face. What was his deal? Not too long ago he was having fun dressing me up. Now he seemed to dislike me.

"We're here" I hadn't noticed how much time had passed until UK came to a stop. We all got out of the car. I almost forgot to grab the ball when Australia picked it up.

"Forgetting something?" he said seeming a little bit happier than before. He threw the rugby ball at and I caught it. Just the way he showed me.

"Come on boys, they are over here," UK said ushering us towards another group of countries. From a distance one of them looked familiar. Green, white and red flag. What was his name? Oh right!

"Hello, Wales!".

Wales's POV:

My Father England invited me to a picnic and told me he invited some others as well. I decided to go expecting only England, Scotland, Ireland and Northen Ireland to be there. It had been a while since we had all gotten together. I was kind of excited to them all again, but sort of unsure how it would turn out. Last time I check Irland and Northen Irland had this big fight over who could drink the most alcohol. It was not pleasant to watch.

I decided to go anyway, I had nothing better to do that day. The park where the picnic was going to take place was only 30 minutes away so I walked there. The sky was clear and the only wind was a small breeze. Good thing the picnic is today

When I arrived I could see England sitting at a park bench next to Irland. I walked over to them and when they saw me they waved. I waved back as I sat down at the table.

"How are you Wales?" Ireland asked. Despite being a bit of an alcoholic he seemed too nice enough to hang out with. Unlike Scotland who is always loudly complaining about something but you could never tell what he was complaining about.

"I'm good," I said, "How about you?".

"I'm fine" he replied.

"I am too," England said trying to be included. I was about to respond when I heard loud shouting. Scotland.

"Filthy birds be poopin' on me car" Scotland grumbled as he made his way to the table. Northern Ireland arrived shortly after.

"Is this everyone?" I asked.

"Almost," England said as another car pulled up in the car park. I recognised the country as soon as he stepped out of the car. He visited me briefly two days ago. I was wondering if he had brought his sons along when I heard someone call my name.

"Hello, Wales" I could see New Zealand waving at me with one hand and holding a rugby ball in the other. I didn't realise how similar he looked to Australia until I saw them standing together. I first saw Australia when Ireland decided he couldn't raise him, so he gave him to UK to raise. I wonder where New Zealand came from. 

I found him a couple of days ago sleeping in my sheep paddock. He was very scratched so I took him inside and gave him some food. He was very shy at first. I suspected he was another one of UK's children considering he likes to stick his flag everywhere. New Zealand and I became friends and talked about sheep until UK knocked on my door. After I closed the door I told New Zealand to run out the back door. To bad he didn't make it.

New Zealand still had all of the bandaids on. But I noticed something else. A large dark brusie circling his wrist. He walked up to me and hugged me.

"It's good to see you again!" he squealed as he hugged me tighter. He had a strong grip for someone his size.

"It's good to see you too," I said as he let go of me.

"Oi Kiwi! Come meet my Dad!" Australia called.

"Ok" New Zealand ran over to Australia and started talking to Ireland. 

Northern Ireland must have spotted the rugby ball in New Zealand's hand because he said: "You know how to play a bit of rugby?".

"Yep, wanna play?" New Zealand responded.

"Can I join?" I asked hoping to get in on the action. 

The rest of the Afternoon New Zealand, Northen Ireland and I played rugby while the others either cheered us on or talked to each other. Either way, it was the best game of rugby I ever played.