Dads

America's POV:

"I knew I needed to chain you up, you little sh!t!!" I woke up to the sound of Dad yelling at Zea. I guess things have gone back to normal.

"He pai ke atu ahau ki te whakairi ki taku kaki kaua e noho ki konei!!" I could hear Zea shout (I'd rather hang by my neck than stay here!!).

I went to roll out of bed like I would usually do, but I was stopped by the tight pain around my wrist. A new metal cuff was clamped around my wrist. Dad must have put it on once I fell asleep.

Unfortunately, the chain was really short and all I could was sit in bed and listen to what was happening.

"Get the f#ck back inside!" Dad screamed.

"Ko te tumanako ka mate koe!" Zea shouted back (I hope you die!). I didn't know what was going on, it was torturous to listen to.

"I'll cut your tongue off if you keep speaking like that!"

"Is this better sh!t face!? I don't give a f#ck if you cut my tongue off!" New Zealand said in English. Wow, he really took after Aus.

"That's it! Get back inside or I'll kill Fiji, he's expendable anyway," That led to an uncomfortably long silent

"I... I can't get up..." I could just make out Zea's mutter.

It went quiet. Really quiet. Boredom eventually settled in and the only thing I could do to entertain myself was look at my room that Dad took upon himself to 'redecorate', likely while drunk.

The chains, the yelling, the broken furniture, it all took me back to the time before Australia came along.

"Wake up to lazy, fat f#ck, I'm going to teach you how to use a gun," Dad said as he opened my bedroom door. I noticed that Zea was being dragged behind him and he both hands chained. Dad walked over to me and undid my restraint, handing me a helmet and bullet-proof vest shortly after.

"I know how to use a gun, you gave me one when I was five," I said, recalling the first event where he shot me.

"Yeah, you sucked at it. You should've shot back," He said in such drunken tone.

I didn't bother arguing with him when he was drunk, I just got out of bed and strapped my vest on over my clothes. I didn't get a chance to get change last night, Dad made us run laps until we passed out as soon as we got home.

I watched as New Zealand was dragged down the hallway which was promptly followed with the loud bumping of him either falling down the stairs or being dragged down.

Not knowing what else to do, I went to see Canada. He was in the middle of trying to put on his vest. He was having trouble.

"Did you hear that this morning?" Canada asked.

"Between Dad and Zea?" I asked.

"Yeah. I have a bad feeling about today." Canada said, letting out a small sigh.

"You have it on backwards, let me help," I said, ignoring his comment to put on his vest. I too had a bad feeling.

Australia's POV:

"Aus, come out of your room," Neth knocked on the door.

I had pushed as much furniture in front of door. I found myself choking on my own breath as I reminded myself of previous day's events.

"Please," Neth had been trying all morning, but I just didn't what to say. I was still shocked and confused and unsure as to what actually happened. Part of me wanted to believe it was a nightmare.

At some stage during the night I tried to convince myself that Kiwi didn't exist in the first place. That it was a dream. To finally have a brother that loved me. That looked up to me. Maybe this was the nightmare, I did have a brother, but I'm still living with him. I just needed to wake up. I am good brother. I promise. I was doing my best to be a good brother.

But... was I? Was I a good brother? Was Kiwi too good for me? Was I getting my hopes up when I first meet him? But, I have a dad now. A real dad. If I couldn't deserve Kiwi, then why do I deserve a dad? This wasn't even my dad. He was Kiwi's dad first.

"This is Kiwi's room, not mine," Was the only thing I managed speak.

"You have to believe me, I wanted to adopt him too. But, he doesn't have any guardians to sign the papers," Neth explained.

"His real parents are dead and he doesn't have any biological family old enough to take their place," He continued. His real parent are dead... I already had a dad, why do I need another when Kiwi doesn't have any. He never had any parents who loved him. UK just used us, at least I knew that Ireland loved me.

I just sat in the room alone. My knees were hugged up tight to my chest and laid under the bed, where Kiwi would sleep. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. My body refused to cry. I felt physical pain as I tried to breathe. I just closed my eyes tightly and hugged myself.

Neth finally pushed open the door and sat on the ground next to the bed.

"I love you, Australia. I really wanted to adopt New Zealand as well, but I couldn't. I thought I would have more time to take care you you two. But I didn't, and I didn't want you to get hurt again, by UK. Wasn't it better for me to save one of you instead of neither? Would rather be UK's son?" Neth asked.

"I just want to be with Kiwi," I mumbled.

"I know. I'm sorry,"

I lay there for ages. I didn't want to move. But Netherlands reached under and pulled me out from under the bed. I was too tired to fight back. He hugged me. He hugged me tightly.

"You will be alright and so will he. I promise," Neth said as he held me tightly. I could finally feel myself begin to cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back, I'm sorry it's been so long, but I'm back. I promise I'm alright, just adjusting to being out of school.

And we have also hit 60K!!

I had previously mentioned on my conversations page that I might do a face reveal. I'm still on the fence about it, but I guess I'll do it if this chapter gets 100 comments...

On the other hand, it's the 60K milestone, sooooooooooo...

Once again, the Ask and Dare is open!

If you don't remember the rules here they are:

1. Only ask or dare countries that have been mentioned within this book\

2. Nothing inappropriate

3. Set your question or dare up like - To (Country/Countries): (Question or dare)

4. Have fun

5. Ask and Dare on this chapter only

And that's it!

Thank you so much for bringing me this far. I love you all and are wishing you all the best. Digital hugs are being sent to you as you read this.

Thank you