Dinosaur nuggets

Australia's POV:

Everything happened way too fast. I felt like was abandoned. My arm was bleeding slightly from when UK pushed me to the ground. I just didn't want Kiwi to leave me. If I trusted anyone in this family it was him. And now he was gone.

It didn't help that UK made us watch them leave. I was so angry. I ran up to my bedroom. I took down the poster that hid the many holes and dents in the wall. I punched it angrily until my knuckle started bleeding. I couldn't feel the pain. I didn't care.

I calmed down a little, but it only made me break down in tears. The realisation started to settle in. UK didn't like this either. He would take it out on us. I know this sounds dark, but I wish I could kill him. If it wasn't for him I would be growing up happily with my Dad.

It was pointless to wish for a better ending. Ever since I moved in with UK my life became horrible. Everything I ever cared about was taken away from me and I was treated as nothing more than a criminal. Kiwi was the best thing that ever happened to me in a while, and now he just left. There was no actually goodbye, just him mouthing the words sorry as if it is his fault.

The front door slammed closed with a lot of force. The sound made me freeze. I have been in this family long enough to know what happens next. I put the poster back to cover the new holes in the wall and hid under my bed with my cricket bat I always had next to my bed.

Although this part is to horrible to imagine, at least there is one upside. UK can't threaten me with my brother's lives. America is strong enough to take a beating, and I have to admit, I admire that about him. Canada is protected by France and I am protected by my Dad. But Kiwi. He has no one that will help him. Netherlands is too high to care about him.

At least he wouldn't be here to see what happens next. I could hear the loud steps on UK as he walked closer to my room. I had heard him get America already. The door opened and I lay down quietly under my bed. I could see UK's feet slowly walking towards the bed.

"Come out!" He shouted. I stayed quiet and hoped he would go away. He didn't. He never did in the past, why would he do it now?

He knelt down on one knee and reached for me. I had the cricket bat in my hand so I hit his hand. He cursed in pain and then managed to grab the bat and throw it to the other side of the room. He then grabbed my wrist and dragged me out from under my bed.

He didn't let go until we were standing at the top of the cellar stairs. Up until now he hadn't really hurt me, but he pushed me down the stairs and locked the door. It was cold and I could hear America crying in the back corner.

Canada's POV:

I didn't want to leave. I knew what would happen if we did. At Mom's house I didn't say a word because I knew if I said anything I would break down in tears. I tried my hardest to smile when Mom walked into my room. It was the hardest thing I could do.

She told us we would be going out to dinner. It was a nice idea, but I didn't know if I could hold my emotions down long enough. I could tell I didn't have a choice. What I was wearing was nice enough to where to a restaurant so I didn't bother changing.

When we were about to leave I noticed that New Zealand looked a little bit happier than in the car. He looked back at me and held eye-contact for long enough to know that the both of us were only just holding it together. His smile was fake but at first glance it looked sincere.

France called out to us to get in the car. We both did and the car ride was silent like before. I looked out my window and watched the dark scenery roll passed me. It was dull and dreary as if it wanted to set the mood for the day.

We pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant and got out of the car. New Zealand and I started walking towards the front door when Mom stopped us. She looked us in the eyes with a clam sorrowful look.

"I know this must be hard for you two right now, but please understand, this is for your safety," She said. I was kind of surprised. I thought she must have figured out what Dad was really doing. But then again, if that was the case, she would have taken America and Australia as well.

"Do you think you could smile for me?" Mom smiled. I gave her a small smile while Zea did the same. Mom seemed satisfied and we went inside. We were taken to a small table for the three of us. This was our new family now. It was either going to be nice or torturous.

I still found it difficult to speak, knowing I would break down crying if I tried. Mom got us kids menus and Zea and I just pointed at what we wanted. I pointed at the dinosaur nuggets while Zea ordered the fish and chips. We waited quietly until our food arrived. It almost felt awkward.

I looked around the restaraunt and at all the artworks decorating the walls. The place was quite fancy and I looked down at my clothes thinking that I should have changed into something nicer after all. The customers were all wearing the nicest clothes, I must have looked like a hobo compared to them.

Ten minutes passed before we actually got to eat and I was thankful when the waiter arrived at our table with my dinosaur nuggets.