Climbing Trees

America's POV:

New Zealand decided to man up and walk by himself next to Tonga. Part of me felt bad for leaving Canada alone, but this seemed way more interesting. This little Antarctica dude was pretty funny. He kept telling me about this weird human he lived with for a while.

New Zealand and Tonga were happy just talking, but the little girl seemed a little bit sour. She didn't say anything, she just held Tonga's hand and looked at the ground.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked curiously as I nudged her arm.

"New Caledonia," She mumbled.

"Like New Zealand. I'm still curious, why do so many of you islands have names that start with 'New'? Like is there an old Caledonia or an old Zealand?" I started going on.

"First of all, that was not my initial name. And second it's not an island thing." New Zealand snapped.

"I don't know, maybe old Zealand drowned or some sh!t," I joked.

"Don't swear in front of the kids!" Tonga shouted, covering New Caledonia's ears.

"I heard him say shi-" Antarctica began to say, before I covered his mouth. Tonga was giving me a death glare. I suddenly felt something wet against my hand.

"Ew!! Did you lick my hand?!" I shouted as I took my hand off Antarctica's mouth.

"Don't cover my mouth," He smirked. As quickly as I could, I wiped my hand on his shirt. He jumped back.

"Hey!" He shouted back at me.

"Can you guys stop? America, you are oldest here, set an example!" Zea shouted.

"I'm not an adult, let me be," I retorted.

"Just try and be a little responsible," Tonga sighed.

We walked for a while without talking much. Zea seemed to be getting up comfortable and kept taking breaks. I didn't think it was because of his injury, he looked nervous. I think Tonga caught on.

"Look, I gotta take a break," Zea mumbled as he leaned against a nearby tree.

"America, can you take the kids to that tree over there?" Tonga asked, pointing to a large tree in the distance. I have a feeling something was going on that I wasn't supposed to know. I nodded and led the kids over to the tree. 

"Why do we have to go to the tree?" New Caledonia asked. I didn't want to be at the tree either. I wanted to hear what Tonga and Zea were saying.

"To play one of my favourite games," I said, thinking on my feet. Their eyes lit up and they stood front of me waiting to hear the game.

"What game?" Antarctica asked excitedly.

"Uh, oh! It's called 'Blind tag'," I said happily.

"How do you play?" New Caledonia asked.

"Well, you both close your eyes and one person is it, you have to be really quiet and try not to run into any trees. I'll be it." I explained poorly.

"But I want to be it!" Antarctica whined.

"Fine you can be it. Everyone closes there eyes until someone is tagged." Everyone closed their eyes except me. As soon as the two were playing, I snuck back over to Tonga and Zea to hear what was going down.

Russia's POV:

Ukraine had been over there for a while. I wedged the fishing pole in between a couple rocks. I looked over to see if I could spot him from where I was. I started walking around the lake, every time trying to see if I could spot him through the surrounding trees. 

For a moment I thought I heard some else, I just wanted to make sure nothing shady was going on. I didn't want Ukraine getting hurt.

The closer I got to him, the more I could see. It was just him. Ukraine was walking towards me and looked angry.

"You can't let me pee in peace for five minutes?" Ukraine snapped grumpily.

"That was not five minutes! I have a right to be concerned," I explained.

"Whatever, I can take care of myself." He grunted as he walked pass me. At that moment I heard a sneeze. I looked over at Ukraine and he seemed a little stiff. The sneeze did not come from him.

"You are lying to me," I said simply as I walked over to where I heard the sneeze from.

Ukraine walked after me, grabbing my arm as if he didn't want me to find the source of the sneeze. I ignored him and kept looking around the trees to try and find this person.

After I was having little luck, I turned to Ukraine.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"I don't know who you are talking about." He said, crossing his arms.

"It's Canada isn't it?" I asked. Ukraine seemed taken a back and confused.

"Yeah! Don't think you are so sneaky. I know you go off to hang out with that capitalist. And I know that you took Bela that one time!" I started to get angry.

"I-I, I don't know what you are talking about..." He tried to play dumb.

"I'm not stupid Uki! Do you even have any idea how dangerous they are?!" I shouted. That was when something caught my eyes. Something dark that stood out against grey stones. Curious, I walked over to them and realised that it was a gun. And not just one, there were two guns.

"Lift up you shirt." I ordered. Ukraine, realising what I had found, did so, showing me exactly what I had thought. His concealed gun was no longer on him.

"Who's gun is this?" I asked, picking up the gun the gun that had not been supplied to either of us.

Ukraine didn't respond. It was at that moment in which I looked up. And surely enough, I saw the perpetrator, Canada. He seemed to panic a bit and quickly began climbing higher into the tree.

"Don't," Ukraine said.

"I will be back for you." I replied simply.

I reached for the first branch and started climbing after Canada. It didn't take long before he was running out branches to climb on, and I was gaining on him quick. I noticed his attention was turned to the tree closest tree. He jumped to try and get to it. But seeing my chance, I grabbed onto his ankle, pulling him away from the tree.

I realised my mistake as he began to fall to the ground, pulling me with him.