Race cars

Australia's POV:

It took me two seconds to realise I couldn't find Kiwi or Neth- I mean dad. But it didn't take long to find them again. I could see dad standing behind Kiwi and talking to him and someone else.

Ever since we moved in with dad, Kiwi has been acting strange and isn't speaking English. Not even to me, so I didn't understand what he is saying. Dad seems to be angry at Kiwi for doing that, but overall, he seems like a great dad. I mean, no one could ever top my actual dad, but Netherlands was far better than UK. I wish Kiwi could see that.

I walked over to Dad and Kiwi, only to see dad talking with a commie. I quickly stood in front of Kiwi to protect him, but he only seemed to be annoyed by this.

"Australia? What are you doing?" Dad asked.

"That's a commie! Commies are evil!" I explained.

"Your father has been brainwashing you kid. There is nothing wrong with communists. They are like us and you should be friendly. Now, say hello," Dad instructed, pushing me closer to the red and green commie. Communists were always evil, and I knew dad was lying.

"Hello," I muttered grumpily.

"Hi!" She said back. I gave her a dirty look before I went back over to the toy section. I still won't trust those evil commies.

I started looking through the section on toy cars and started wondering how many I could buy with the money I had. I wasn't good at maths so I grabbed an armful of cool looking cars and race tracks. I noticed Kiwi was walking back, and I went over to him to show what I found.

"Kiwi! Look! I found race cars! We can set up tracks at home and race each other!" I said excitedly. Kiwi just nodded and walked passed me.

By the end of the day, I was still full of energy, but I had run out of money to buy more things. Kiwi didn't spend a single dollar, he just ignored everything and when I showed him cool stuff, he would just nod and walk past. Whenever I tried to ask Kiwi what was wrong, he would ignore me and dad would tell me to let him be.

We got in the car and before we drove off; I looked out the window. I could hear someone calling my name in the distance. I turned my head and saw UK standing at the doors of the mall. He was waving at me creepily. I didn't get a good look at him, but he seemed hurt. I felt uncomfortable. I thought about telling Kiwi, but I remembered that I should let him be for a while.

I sat in the back seat quietly, thinking of why he was trying to get my attention. How long had he been there? Was he waiting for us? I wasn't sure, but it freaked me out and made me feel rather uncomfortable. At least when we got home, I could seat up the race tracks and cars.

UK's POV:

Could he not hear me? I called his name quite a few times, and I saw him look back at me. Maybe things were too complicated at the moment. I thought it was strange to see New Zealand and Australia outside so soon.

I was at the mall hoping to pick up some more supplies and ointment for the many bruises and cuts that I had gained two nights ago. I wasn't up to leaving the house until this morning. Never again will I fight children who wield bamboo chairs and wooden spoons. But then again, I wasn't in my right mind.

As I was walking to the pharmacy to pick up an over-due prescription, I spotted New Zealand and Australia again. Australia had his arms full of a bunch of useless nonsense while New Zealand appeared to be on a child leash.

As Australia walked out the door, I noticed he dropped a small toy without noticing. Walked over and picked it up. It was a small yellow and gold race car. I walked outside and called out to him to let him know, but he didn't respond. When I saw the car drive away, I stuck the little race car in my pocket and walked back inside to get my prescription.

On the way home, I got a phone call. I pulled over the car and answered.

"UK! Where is he?!" I immediately recognised the voice of my wonderful wife.

"It's nice to talk to you too, France," I responded.

"Cut the crap UK! I know you have him!" She shouted. It confused me.

"I don't know what you are talking about?" I said.

"I'm coming over to pick him up!" France shouted before she hung up the phone. I wasn't sure what she was talking about, but it sounded important, so I rushed home.

I pulled into my driveway to see France was already waiting for me. I hopped out of the car and grabbed my shopping. I wandered over to her. I still had a bit of a limp, which made it difficult. She gave me a death glare as I walked closer to her.

"Good afternoon, dear," I greeted with a smile. Her expression didn't change, though. I unlocked the front door and held it open for her to go in first. Inside, I placed my bags down on the kitchen counter and turned all my attention back to France.

"Now, what is the problem?" I asked. She was very stressed out.

"You honestly don't know what happened?" She asked.

"Nope, no clue," I answered, motioning for her to sit down.

"Where were you last night and why do you look like you have been in a fight?" She commented.

"Long story, but in short, I was in a fight and last night I was at home recovering," I responded. She let out a stressed sigh and rubbed her neck as she would do whenever she was nervous.

"Tell me what happened, I will go make us some tea," I smiled, walking off into the kitchen to boil the kettle.