Mum/Mom power

France's POV:

I could hear New Zealand making depressing noises in his sleep. I decided to sleep in the lounge that night just in case something bad happened to New Zealand I would be right there.

I was very worried about him, he became sick so fast that night. I had thought about taking him to the hospital but he didn't seem too bad. I still wanted to make sure he was alright. I suddenly heard loud screaming coming from his room. I was shocked and quickly ran into action.

I grabbed a first-aid kit just in case and a small packet of biscuits. As toddlers, whenever Canada or America got scared they would stress eat and it calmed them down enough for them to go back to sleep. I walked into the room slowly and calmly.

New Zealand wasn't on the bed. I could hear his heavy breathing though. He was well awake and scared of something. I tracked down his breathing to under the bed. I got down my knees and spoke to him.

"New Zealand, are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked. I could hear him whimpering from under the bed.

"New Zealand, it's only me, France, tell me what's wrong," I said. He crawled out slowly and I could see that he was hugging his little sheep. He had been crying. I picked him up and hugged him. He started crying and hugged me back tightly.

"Sweetheart, what is wrong?" I asked again.

"Aussie is hurt," he said through his tears.

"What? How could you possibly think that?" I was a little confused and surprised at what he said.

"I saw him! He was bleeding a lot and America was there!" He said frantically.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I smiled slightly realising he was probably a little freaked out by a small dream. New Zealand nodded and continued to cry. I picked him up and rocked him like a baby. 

"Did you want to go on a short walk?" I offered. New Zealand nodded and wiped his tears away. I wrote and a small note to Canada in case he woke up and saw that we weren't there. I placed the note the kitchen table. I put New Zealand on my shoulders and he carried his little sheep.

It was a clear night so the stars were visible. We walked up and down the street for a while. Where I lived was reasonably safe and quiet. It wasn't the first time I went for a night walk. New Zealand seemed to calm down pretty quickly.

It wasn't until I heard his little sheep toy drop to the ground, I knew we had walked far enough. New Zealand had fallen asleep on my back. I carried New Zealand back to the house in my arms to make sure he didn't fall off my back. New Zealand cuddled his sheep and slept peacefully.

Back at the house I put New Zealand back in bed and tucked him in. I kissed him gently on the forehead and left the room. Canada was standing in the hallway.

"Mom, I had a nightmare,".

New Zealand's POV:

Last night was blurry and hard to remember. I could still feel a bit of a headache, but otherwise, I felt fine. I put on a t-shirt and shorts. I sat on my bed wondering what I should do. I picked up Cloudy and hugged him. He seemed a little dirty, I then remember the short walk I had last night. I must have fallen asleep.

I still had the picture of Australia in my head that haunted me. I tried to push it out of my head and left the room to get some breakfast. France was fast asleep on the couch and sleeping peacefully.

"Thanks Mum," I whispered to her. I didn't realise that Canada was watching me from the kitchen.

"Did you just call her 'mum'?" He asked.

"Uhh... yes?"

"Oh... so you are like Australia. damn, I owe America 10 dollars now," He muttered. I was slightly confused but brushed it off anyway. I walked into the kitchen and made myself some toast like I did last time I was here. I sat down in the lounge and ate my toast. Canada turned on the tv and we just watched cartoons.

The phone rang and Mum woke up. I guess I'm going to commit to calling her Mum now...

She walked over and picked up the phone. She talked to someone other the line and then hung up.

"Boys, I need you two to be ready in a few minutes okay, I have to go to work," She said while rushing around the house, magically getting ready for work. I put my shoes on and got changed into some clothes.

"We're ready," Canada said to Mum.

"That's great sweetie, go wait in the car, you know where the keys are," Mum said.

Canada led me outside and unlocked the car. We sat in the back together and waited silently. It didn't take long for Mum to climb into the car with us. She handed us two paper bags with our names on them and told us it was lunch and snacks.

She drove off down the road while eating a baguette. We came across a small office building and Mum told us to hold hands while we followed her inside. We did as she asked and I held Nada's hand. I was so fascinated by everything around me.

Mum unlocked a door to a small office. On the door read her name. She placed her stuff on the desk and then took us somewhere else. She led us to another small room. She opened the door that was already unlocked and dropped us off there. She kissed us both on the forehead and told us if we needed her to find her office. I nodded and she was gone.

Canada let go of my hand and turned around to see the rest of the room. I did the same and saw a small play area. There was a tv in the corner of the room, a box of lego and a couple of other toys. I noticed a kid waving at me. I waved back and walked over to him. He looked around my age and was playing with the lego.

"Hi! My name is Denmark! Who are you?" He asked.