Little brothers

Maori's POV:

"It wasn't me, you awful man!" I shouted.

"It's always you," UK grinned. I was not happy.

UK carried me over his shoulder when I refused to go with him. He had asked me to direct him to his son despite France leading the show. There was this new guy I hadn't met before, though. He kind of walked behind us, asking me questions.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"You would be surprised how often I'm accused of 'kidnapping' UK's sons," I sighed.

"Has he hurt you?" He asked.

"Stop talking to the child," UK snapped.

"UK, why did we bring her?" France asked.

"I would like to know that too! I have a little brother to feed," I muttered, remembering the basket of fish UK made me leave behind.

"What is your little brother's name?" He asked.

"Fiji. If you have met him, you would know that he is pretty hopeless when it comes to making meals for himself," I smirked as I remembered the time he tried to eat raw deer.

"I know what you mean, my little brother Denmark is a little ball of chaotic and annoying energy." He smiled as if he was also reminiscing about something stupid his brother did.

"Do you raise him by yourself?" He asked.

"I do now. I used to raise him with my twin brother until he was abducted and sold to a certain someone," I said, trying to death glare UK.

"What was his name?"

"Aotearoa, but his name was changed to seem more white and disassociate him from me," I grumbled.

"And this 'white name' is?"

"Ne-" I said before I was dropped.

"Ow!" I shouted as I rubbed the arm I landed on.

"Whoops," UK smugged. I punched the back of his leg and he fell over.

"Whoops," I mimicked, standing up. I started walking away.

"Where are you going?" France asked.

"To find Fiji. He and his friends have gone on this little mission," I explained briefly.

"Mission, you say? Whereabouts?" France asked, her eyes narrowed. I knew whatever I answered would surely end badly.

"I don't know, maybe he is hiding in the middle of the ocean," I answered sarcastically.

"Tell me the truth," France said in a dark tone as she turned to me.

"I would like to know where Aotearoa is. But no one has told me the truth," I replied snarkily.

"Oh, you little-" France started.

"Hey, she is only a child," The other guy snapped. He picked me up. I felt uncomfortable, but I guess he was defending me in a way.

"You are right. I barely have anything to do with her, anyway. UK and I will continue on with the search," France explained.

It didn't take long for them to both leave, and I was left alone with this other guy.

"Is your arm okay?" He asked, putting me down.

"Yeah, it's fine," I sighed.

"My name is Sweden, if they ever bother you again, I won't be too far away," Sweden said, putting his hand out in front of him for me to shake. I liked him, he had good morals.

"I'm Maori, and thanks," I smiled as I shook his hand.

America's POV:

"Okay, so Canada was kidnapped at a McDonalds a couple of nights ago," I explained to Australia over the phone.

"I bet you 20 bucks that it was UK!" Australia shouted.

"But it isn't, Mom went over to Dad's house just last night and I overheard her talking about Spain saying that it wasn't him," I said.

"Really? Maybe he just ran away?" Aussie put forward his idea.

"I doubt it. We were playing hide and seek, Canada wouldn't just leave like that,"

It went silent on the other side of the phone for one second, I could hear the sound of someone yelling and then Australia yelling at them.

"Sorry, I have to go," Was the last thing I heard Aussie say. I was super concerned and confused, but there wasn't much I could do over the phone. I put the phone back and walked into the kitchen to where Spain was still arguing with Antarctica.

Shoot, I was going to get Aussie to tell New Zealand about him. I had completely forgotten. I scavenged through the fridge to see if there was something I could eat. As I looked at the contents of the fridge, I could feel my hunger abandon me. I closed the fridge.

"That's new," Spain commented.

"I'm going to go now," Antarctica sighed, trying to leave out the back door.

"Oh, no you aren't, it's cold out there, I'm not letting a child sleep in the cold," Spain explained.

I decided I was too tired to deal with this and walked back up to my room. I sat on the bed as I did every night and wondered how Canada was doing. Was he safe? Was he hurt? Was he even still alive?

I felt tears well up as I tried to distract myself. I have to be strong for my brothers so I can win us freedom. Soldiers don't cry. I have to be strong.

"I have to be," I muttered as a teardrop rolled down my face. I wiped it away angrily, but more came until I was full-on crying. I hated this. I kept trying to dry my face with my sleeve, but it was all in vain. I was a failure. How am I supposed to protect my brothers when I can't even stop crying? It's pathetic.

I laid down on my bed and let out a wobbly sigh as the tears kept pouring.

"You are pathetic America, you aren't worthy to be free. You will forever be a scared little boy who won't stop crying," I whispered to myself.

I have been told that all my life, but now the only difference is that I am calling myself that and not UK.

I stared up at the ceiling and slowly cried myself to sleep.