Bandages

New Zealand's POV:

I tried to close the door but America held it open with his foot.

"What happened to you?" Ame asked.

"Nothing, it's okay," I snapped at him.

"But, your eye, it's-"

"It's fine! Just leave me alone," I shouted and slammed the door. I sat on the ground with my back against the door. I started to cry. My eye stung from the night before. I didn't know what was going to happen when UK told my brothers to go inside and leave me alone with him. He was angry. Very angry. I need to stop trusting people.

He got my eye. Over and over again. Once he was finished he went inside to clean the blood off his hands. He told me to come inside when I stopped crying. It was my fault anyway. He made sure that was clear.

Amercia kept knocking on the door and demanding I come out and explain. It only made me cry more. I looked in the mirror once he left. My eye, which hurt the most, was black and swollen. I couldn't open it. I had cut across my cheek and one above my eye from when UK beat me with binder. My arms were covered in bruises. I tried to find bandages or something to cover my injuries.

Someone knocked at the door rather urgently.

"Kiwi! Come out now!" It was Aussie. I didn't want him to see me like this. I found a first-aid kit and quickly opened it up and bound my arms in bandages and covered my eye and cuts with bandaids. I walked over to the door and opened it slightly. Aussie to advantage of the open door and barged into the bathroom. Canada and America were there as well.

The looked at my bandaged body and became worried. They asked me so many questions. I felt like crying but I held back the tears.

"Leave me alone! I don't need help!" I yelled and the others backed away. They seemed shocked. I stood up and pushed passed my brothers and left the bathroom. I walked down the hallway and to my bedroom. I slammed the door and sat on my bed. I hug Cloudy tightly and screamed into him. He was my source of comfort.

Once I felt better I looked around my room still hugging Cloudy. I spotted a note on the ground by my bed. I leant down to pick it up. I read through it carefully and noticed my window was open. I scrunched up the note and threw it out the window. I closed the window and lay down on my bed.

"Why would you care, you signed me away, you got what you wanted," I said out loud. I knew she couldn't hear it but it was for my sister. Held onto Cloudy tightly.

There was a knock at the door.

"Don't come in!" I shouted. The door opened anyway. UK stepped in.

"If you've come to beat me up again, do it," I said while refusing to look at him.

UK's POV:

I saw his bandaged arms wrapped his little sheep.

"You can't find comfort in objects, New Zealand," I said simply.

"Only in people who care," I finished.

"Is that why there is no comfort to be found. No one cares," New Zealand replied.

"You can work that one out for yourself," I said as I stood up to leave. I could hear his breathing become unsteady. I left the room and shut the door behind me. America greeted me outside New Zealand's room.

"What did you do to him?" He asked, sounding almost threatening.

"Go read a book," I said ignoring his question.

"Dad! Answer me!" He shouted. I hit him across the face to keep him quiet. He stopped and looked at me.

"If you so much as look at New Zealand you will be next, understand," I whispered in his ear. America nodded his head. I think I heard him whimper a little. Pathetic.

America held his hand to his face. I walked passed him. I went down to the kitchen to make myself some tea.

I sat down at the table sipping my tea when I heard Aussie and Canada arguing in the lounge.

"No, no, no, you can't you saw what he did!" Canada said sounding nervous.

"I will kill him!" Aussie was shouting.

"No! Don't!" Canada had lost control and Australia stormed into the kitchen where I was. He was holding his cricket bat and swinging it at me.

"YOU F*CKING A$$HOLE!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO KIWI!?" He shouted. He was going to use the bat. I stood up and backed away. Australia kept swinging it at me threateningly. He swung again and hit the teacup out of my hand.

The cup shattered on the ground. I could see the fear in Australia's face when he realised what he'd done. I grabbed his bat from him and threw across the other side of the room. I could see Canada looking through the doorway, he had become terrified but kept watching.

I pushed him to the ground and walked away. I couldn't be bothered dealing with another mess. I made another cup of tea and went into the lounge. Canada had rushed to his brother's aid and was probably cleaning up my shattered cup of tea.

It was silent in the house aside from the mutters of curses coming from the kitchen and the slight clanks of the tea cup being cleaned up.

"Boys! Come here!" I shouted. America, Canada and Australia came and stood in front of me. I didn't expect New Zealand to come.

"Listen closely boys, if you tell France what happened here or get anyone else involved your life will be far more difficult than it is now," I explained. The boys nodded. Fear in their eyes.

My words sounded more of a threat than it was supposed to go. How was I supposed to tell them?

I dismissed the boys.