Punishment

Australia's POV:

I woke up in my bed. I wasn't sure how I got there until I saw Kiwi sitting next to me. Probably waiting for me to wake up. I sat up, which got his attention and he hugged me.

"Aussie! I thought you were dead!" He said sounding panicked and relieved all at the same time. I hugged him back and then pulled away to see his face properly.

"He didn't hurt you," I sighed with relief as I studied his face for any new injuries. He looked at me confused for a second and then went to hug me again. I was so happy he was safe. I wanted to ask him what happened after I fell unconscious. The last thing remembered was being full-on hit by the door.

Canada walked in after a while of hugging. He held a tray with breakfast on it.

"It's good to see you are awake. I know its a little late in the afternoon for breakfast but, I thought you might like some," He said as he placed the tray on my bedside table.

"Wait! Afternoon? How long was I out for?!" I panicked.

"I'm not sure exactly, but it was only this morning I saw New Zealand dragging you out of dad's office," Canada explained.

"He helped me bring you up here," Kiwi added. I sighed slightly and relaxed a bit. I looked over at the tray to see a bowl of cereal. Not my normal breakfast, but I'll take it. I took a spoonful and ate it as my over two brothers watched. It felt sort of awkward have others watching me eat, so I put down the spoon.

Canada gave me glare to keep eating. I picked up the spoon again and swallowed another mouthful. Once I had finished the bowl, I tried to get out of bed but, I stood up to fast and my eyes started to black. New Zealand quickly helped me to stand up and my vision came back shortly after.

"How's Ame?" I asked as I remembered last night.

"He's been grounded for a week," Canada sighed.

"A whole week! UK's going easy on him," I laughed.

"And dad confiscated his oil," Canada finished.

"Oh,". America loved his oil. It was usually well protected but, once you live with for long enough, it becomes easy to steal. He hates it, but it is hilarious to watch him when he realises some is missing.

"Is UK still here?" I asked nervously. I didn't want to see him, especially after what happened. Canada just nodded and explained that he was in his office resorting the files and folders. I felt kind of guilty about that, we made a mess of his neatly sorted folders and documents.

I decided to stay in my room. I didn't want to go anywhere else with UK still here. UK worked from home but would usually go out for meetings. Canada and New Zealand left me alone after a while. I sat back down on my bed and looked at the photo frame sitting on my bedside table.

America's POV:

I still had a large bruise on my face from last not. To say the least, I was not happy. Dad took away my oil and grounded me. I'm not sure what I hate more though. I wasn't allowed out of my room until dinner time and I was getting hungry.

I looked around my bedroom for something to do but, everything seemed boring. I lay on my bed out of boredom and stared at the ceiling. I couldn't think of anything productive to do so I just continued to lay on the bed for a long while.

Dinner time rolled around and dad knocked on the door.

"Dinner time," he announced. At this point, I didn't want to get up but I did anyway, hoping that I wouldn't make him mad. I opened the door and there he was standing waiting for me. He escorted me downstairs to the kitchen table where my brothers were sitting. 

I sat down next to Canada and waited. Australia and New Zealand sat opposite us and were talking to each other about their favourite animals. I got the feeling, this would be a common topic between my youngest brothers.

Mom was in the kitchen finishing up preparing dinner and came into the dining room. She carefully placed plates of food in front of each of us. It was defiantly better than what dad made us eat.

She sat down to eat at the end of the table. Zea and Aussie stopped talking and began to eat. France looked at each of us, quite possibly looking at the bruises on our faces, and sighed. I noticed that she gave UK a look. He was gonna get it after dinner.

Mom knew by now that dad could get aggressive and would commonly take out his frustration on us kids. There wasn't a way of preventing it but, I hoped there was. Because as much as I dislike Aussie, I can't help but feel bad for him.

After what I found out about him last night. Australia couldn't help it. Dad always picked on Aussie when it came to discipline and fear New Zealand will be next. I had eventually gotten used to the fact that they were now family and I couldn't change it, no matter what.

"So, New Zealand, how is your wrist?" France asked desperate to start a conversation. New Zealand shifted awkwardly in his seat and rubbed the bandages that were loosely done around his wrist.

"It's feeling better," He said finally.

"You should really be resting more, you are still unwell," Mom said with a hint of motherly concern. New Zealand nodded nervously and continued to eat.

"How was the meeting mum?" Canada asked.

"Oh, it was boring as always but, it's got to be done," She replied. It was the same response every time. She makes it seem like growing up sucks. As if life is nothing more than meetings.

"I hope you didn't starve without me," She joked. Nada and I looked at eachother and gave a nervous laugh as remembered throwing up in the toilet after eating dad's... well, I can't call it food.

After dinner, My brothers and I went upstairs to our bedrooms. From my room, I could here mom and dad arguing about the many bruises over their kids. I heard the whole thing go down. I didn't know whether it was funny to hear dad get told off or scary. Whatever it was, I sat on my bed listening to the entire argument.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again!

First of all:

OH MY GOSH!! 2K VIEWS!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH! This the only encouragement I have gotten all week and it has made me feel so happy! I love you all and are sending you truckloads of digital hugs!!♡♡

Second of all:

Thanks for patient with me. With the final term of the year starting up again I have been feeling rather stressed. I will continue to try and update as frequently as possible but, I still have to put school first. Thanks for understanding and all your support. You deserve the biggest hug.

From a very happy Author!!♡