Little Dolphin

Netherland's POV:

Australia had complained about feeling unwell and then asked to call Canada. He didn't know about what happened to him, but I wasn't allowed to tell him. As far as Australia and New Zealand were concerned, they did not need to know.

I told Australia that Canada would be asleep by now. But Australia was persistent in calling one of his brothers. I was kind of surprised that he didn't want to call Ireland. I mean, Ireland and Australia were closer than Australia and America. Oh well, I didn't really want to argue with a child so I called up Spain and handed to phone to Australia.

It was a strange situation. Australia had woken up in the middle of the night and complained about a nightmare and feeling really unwell, but instead of asking for medicine, he asked to call Canada. Australia seemed worried.

I waited in the lounge as Australia seemed to have a conversation with America. I was tired, but I knew I needed to monitor this situation in case Australia learns something he shouldn't. Just then, I heard the loud sound of New Zealand crying.

Usually, I wouldn't care less about that little brat, but I felt like something was a little off. I checked on him. What was weird, though, was that Australia didn't notice.

I walked down the hallway to the boys' bedroom. Previously that day the bunkbed had arrived and we put it together. Well, Australia and I did. New Zealand was still refusing to take part.

I opened the door slowly to see New Zealand sitting on his bed and crying. I took a step towards him and he freaked out a little and threw the covers over his head. I could hear him whimpering.

I wondered if I should just give him some space. But this isn't how New Zealand would usually react when I'm around. Something scared him more than me.

I sat down on his bed and patted his back, reassuringly. I had never tried this dad stuff before, but I don't think I was doing it right.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I asked. New Zealand's breathing regulated, and I could hear him mumble something like an agreement.

"Did, did you want to talk about it?".

There were two moments of silence as I waited for any kind of reply. New Zealand eventually sat up straight and pulled the blankets off his head. He immediately hugged me. It felt uncomfortable, but I knew he needed to hug me. I patted him awkwardly on the back as I tried to comfort him more.

"We all have bad dreams, but you just have to be strong through them. When you wake up, everything is always better," I whispered to New Zealand. This seemed to calm him down a little more.

"It was America. He isn't happy. He is far from it. There was so much sadness in his eyes." New Zealand muttered quietly. He seemed afraid of this fact. But it was just a dream, America has always been a happy little rascal, I can not imagine him being sad.

Tuvalu's POV:

I stood in between big brother Fiji and big sister Palau as they argued with each other. I didn't like it when they fought. They are always so defensive of me. After a while, I retreated to where Canada was sitting.

"So, you speak French?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Yes, my mother taught me," Canada explained briefly.

"New Caledonia, Vanuatu and French Polynesia also speak French," I said, hoping for him to be interested. He smiled a little but ignored my information.

"Why do they call you little dolphin?" He asked.

"I love dolphins! They are so pretty, don't you think?" I said.

"They are quite majestic. So I'm assuming little dolphin is a nickname," Canada responded.

"Yeah! Do you have any nicknames?" I asked. I really wanted to keep the conversation going.

"For short, people just call me Nada. That is, if they remember me. Otherwise, America calls me Maple and Australia calls me Diabetes," He explained. He had a sad undertone as he spoke.

"Not everyone needs to remember you, there is always one person at least that will always remember you," I smiled, trying to bring something positive into the scene. I never liked it when people were upset, so I would always do my best to make everyone feel happy.

"I guess," Canada sighed.

We sat in silence, and I could hear Fiji and Palau still arguing. They were great siblings, but they never agreed with each other. I would like to be the peacekeeper, but I'm too small to make a difference. So I would always sit quietly and try to ignore the arguing.

"Don't you hate it when siblings fight?" Canada commented. It seemed like he was reading my mind or something. I just nodded in response.

"You always like to think you can help, but you are too quiet to make a difference. Sometimes I wished I could stand up for my brothers, but spineless me is too afraid of being disliked by either party," Canada vented (kinda sus). I sort of related to him. Not about being spineless, I still have my spin, but about not being able to help.

"Siblings are a pain, but they are your siblings and for no reason should they stop liking you. I have made many mistakes and they still want to protect me," I said as I pointed to Fiji and Palau.

"You are a good kid," Canada smiled. I was thrilled to see him smile. I have succeeded again, and I never want to stop making people happy.

"So who should we kidnap next?" Fiji asked. Fiji and Palau had stopped arguing and Fiji had won. Palau sat down next to me and rolled her eyes.

"I thought this wasn't kidnapping?" Palau stated.

"It's still kidnapping, it's just justified," Fiji said proudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have reached 40K! Thank you all so much! However, I will not be opening the 'ask them anything' just yet. We are so close to 50K and then I will open the 'ask them anything'. 

Because it will be a big number, I wish to do something else with the 'ask them anything'. I have a few options below in which you guys can vote on:

1. Extra long chapter

2. Ask the Author

3. Brotherhood mini stories

4. Face reveal

5. Hosted competition with prizes (Writing or/and drawing)

6. Other suggestions (Please state suggestion)

Please vote your two favourites next to the respective options or if you can't do that, comment the numbers you are voting for in the general comments.

Thanks for voting! I wanted to do something special for you guys so I'm sending more digital hugs! Love you all! Stay safe my friends.