A stupid thing to do

Australia's POV:

I woke up on a soggy pillow. I felt incredibly tired, but I refused to open my eyes, but I could tell my room was bright. I could hear footsteps coming closer. I shut my eyes as tightly as I could and rolled over until I bumped my nose on the wall.

I didn't remember there being a wall that close to where I fell asleep, but I still refused to open my eyes.

"Australia?" It was Netherland's voice.

I could feel my heart beat faster and faster as yesterday's events began to flood my mind once again. Keeping eyes shut, I curled into a ball and put my hands over my head. I no longer had control over my breathing. It was shaken and shallow. All I could hear was my rapid heart beat.

"Eeek!" I squeaked fearfully as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, it's just me." Netherland's said in a calm voice. I tried to talk back, but I couldn't muster a single word.

"I figured you wouldn't be feeling well this morning, so I got you a hot chocolate and a couple of cookies. You don't have to eat them now, but the hot chocolate might become cold if you don't drink it soon" He seemed to mumble. I managed to nod my head a little. I could hear him place down and plate and mug next to my head.

I knew that if was going to eat and drink, I had to open my eyes. In truth, I was trying to keep my dream going. It was of the tree Stevie was buried at. The image alone gave me a sense of comfort. But something was going on behind the tree that I just could not spot. There were sounds of distress and an overall cruel feel to what was happening behind the tree.

Reluctantly, I opened my eyes, not to find myself at any house, but an office. The bright fluorescent lights took a bit to get used too. I turned around to face the rest of the office where more sounds started to settle in. The sound of sipping and tapping and opening drawers distracted me from my previous state.

I felt a bit calmer and decided to grab the hot chocolate, but as I sat up, my hand brushed against the mugs, spilling it all over the carpeted floor. I could feel a tear start to build up as I realised what I had done. Netherland swiveled around on his chair when he heard the spill. I just sat there feeling defeated at the fact.

"You are lucky we aren't at home. because we can get someone to clean this, but for now, let's get you another." He said as he stood up from his chair. I could hear a bit of strain in his tone as he tried to hold back anger.

I picked up the spilt mug and walked over to him.

"It's okay, It was my fault for putting it there," He continued as I tried my best to mumble an apology.

Ukraine's POV:

"That was a stupid thing to do," I muttered as I was sure I was out of earshot of Russia.

"I know, but what else was I supposed to do?" Canada sighed. I was still happy he was here.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked, noticing his appearance. He looked dirty and was wearing a bullet-proof vest and had a gun is hand.

He seemed to notice me looking at the gun and quickly dropped it to the ground. I instinctually lifted my shirt slightly and pulled mine out of the harness around my waist and dropped it on the ground as well.

"Di-did you always have that on you?" Canada asked, alarmed.

"Yeah, Papa makes us carry concealed weapons at all times. You know, in case enemies jump us." I shrugged. He still looked a little at awe.

"So you have had that on you every time we talked." He mumbled.

"No... not that one, I dropped my old one in lake a couple of months ago. But anyway, you aren't just here to talk about carrying guns."

"Right, I uh. America and New Zealand are gone. I think they left me." Canada sighed.

"Why would they do that?" I asked, knowing how close they were.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because I shot them during training."

"You shot them? No offence, but you don't seem like the type to, well"

"Shoot my brothers? I'll have you know, I'm an excellent shot," He seemed be slightly frustrated.

"I didn't mean that, but, maybe they are just hiding from you?" I offered.

"Trust me, they aren't hiding, I did the oil test." He explained.

"The oil test?"

He looked a little embarrassed and refused explain.

"Um, okay, but where was the last place you-"

"Ukraine! Что делаешь? Это не должно занять так много времени!" Russia called. He sounded impatient. (What are you doing? It doesn't take this long!).

"Uh, приходящий! я только что споткнулся!" I shouted back. (coming! I just tripped!).

"только ты можешь споткнуться, когда писаешь!" He laughed. (Only you could trip when you pee!).

"замолчи! Это не правда!" I retaliated. (Shut up! That's not true!).

"Да, это так, помните, когда вам было шесть, то же самое произошло, потому что вы хотели увидеть крутую птицу." He continued. (Yes it is, the same thing happened when you were six because you wanted to see a cool bird.)

I felt my blood started to boil as he brought it up.

"это случилось однажды," I gritted. (It happened once,)

"Теперь дважды," He seemed to laugh. Of course he would enjoy bring this up. (Now twice)

"What are you talking about?" Canada asked curiously.

"Nothing," I said through gritted teeth.

"Вы разговариваете с кем-то еще?!" Russia said louder. I must have spoken a little too loud. (Are you talking to someone else?!).

"Uh, hет," I said nervously. (no,).

"Я тебе не верю. Я иду к тебе!" Russia announced. (I don't trust you. I am going to you!).

 I panicked before telling Canada to climb up the tree nearby. To just run would be to noisy, and a bush would be to obvious.

I helped Canada get onto the first branch as I heard Russia trampling through the bushes.