Abuse

Australia's POV:

Nononono! I know that knock anywhere.

"Don't answer the door" I shouted at my cousin. "It's UK". We all freaked out a bit. The knocking was persistent.

"Is there another way out?" Kiwi asked.

"Uh, yeah. There is a back door down the hallway,". New Zealand and I raced out the back but, UK was already one step ahead of us. He grabbed New Zealand's arm and yanked him aside. UK then tried to go for me but missed. UK then proceeded to lift New Zealand in front of me. New Zealand struggled to get out of his grasp now that his feet were off the ground.

"Don't hurt him!" I yelled. UK gave me an evil grin.

"Then come here," He demanded. I had no choice. If I didn't do what he asked he would hurt Kiwi. I walked slowly over to UK. When I was right in front of him he raised his hand and slapped me across the face.

I fell to the ground rubbing the spot of contact with my hand. New Zealand watched as I got up. UK dropped New Zealand down next to me and slapped him as well. Kiwi didn't get up. He just lay there on the ground as if ducking for cover.

He was shaking, he was crying. I got angry and tried to hit UK back for hurting my brother. But, before I could I felt more contact hit my face. I fell to the ground and saw New Zealand looking at me. His eyes were full of fear.

UK picked me up by my collar and put me on my feet. He did the same with Kiwi. He took us both by the wrist around the house. He threw us in the back of the car.

New Zealand was trying to hold back tears. I could see the bruise developing on his face. I tried to hug him but UK gave me a glare telling me to not touch him. I wish he wasn't violent when he was angry. Every time I disobey him he will give me a nice big bruise. 

I was used to it by now. UK isn't as violent as he used to be I guess. He used to strangle me until my neck was purple. Dad would have looked after me better. 

When we arrived home, UK got out of the car first. He opened the car door on New Zealand's side and pulled him out forcefully. I got out of the car before UK could touch me. He unlocked the door and pushed us inside. 

UK pushed me to the ground and held New Zealand by the arm. I didn't get up.

"You disobeyed me!" He shouted at me. I started crawling away from him. He stepped on my leg to stop me moving. It hurt.

"Go to your room! Now!" UK shouted. I stood up and walked slowly to my bedroom. I looked behind me to see his let go of my brother and kick him hard in the stomach.

"NOO!" I ran back to New Zealand's aid. He was lying on the ground gripping at his stomach in pain. UK pulled me away from Kiwi and shouted at me more.

I wanted New Zealand to run but, he was still in pain.

New Zealand's POV:

Everything hurt. Why would he do this? I knew he was violent but I didn't know he would go this far. I watched Australia through heavy tears that were filling my eyes. I should get up. I need to. But, every time I tried more pain washed over me.

I counted the number of hits UK got on Aussie. Thirteen. Australia was on the ground by the time UK was finished. UK walked towards the kitchen. Aussie stood up and carried me to his bedroom where he locked the door.

I was able to sit up now. Australia looked at me and leaned in for a hug. I hugged him back. I could feel something soaking my back. When I pulled back from the hug, I could see the tears falling from Aussie's face.

"I am really sorry," He said.

"For what?"

"For all this, it was all my fault. I put you in danger," He began to cry heavier. I pulled him into another hug and didn't let go. I wish I could say something to comfort him but, I didn't have the words.

I thought that moving into a new family would mean less abuse. I was wrong. Netherlands would hit me if I misbehaved. But, UK was way worse. For a moment, I thought he could be a good father but no. I was always wrong!

Australia had been living with UK for a longer time than I have. I don't want to think about what Aussie must have endured.

We sat together in a hug for a long time. There was a small knock at the door. It made me jump a little.

"It's Canada. May I come in?" Said the voice from the other side of the door. Australia wiped the tears away and unlocked the door.

"I heard everything, so I thought you might want these," Canada held out two ice packs. Australia grabbed them out of Canada's hands and walked back over to me. He passed me one of the packs and held his one to his face.

Canada came in and locked the door behind him.

"It's no fair!" Australia shouted, "It's always the adopted ones that get treated worse!"

Canada looked down at his feet. He looked kind of ashamed. Something about his look made me realise Aussie was telling the truth.

"I didn't want to be apart of this messed up family!" Aussie continued to shout.

"Please calm down," I begged Aussie. He let out a sigh and sat back down on the bed next to me. He put his head in his hands. I didn't know what I was meant to do. Australia was my big brother and he did his best to protect me. Even if he did put me in danger, he was still doing it for me.

It wasn't his fault. It was UK's. He was the one who hurt us. Not Australia.