Darkness

New Zealand's POV:

It was too dark to see anything properly so I managed to find my way to Australia. As soon as I found him I was embraced in his arms. We sat down under the desk. I almost screamed when I saw a spider crawl past. I wasn't one to enjoy tiny creatures.

Australia calmed me down before I could I was too freaked out. Australia picked up the spider and moved it to the corner. I had no idea how someone could just pick up a spider, let alone calmly. I saw there huddled under the desk as my eyes got used to the dark.

I watched as Aussie waled closer and sat down next to me.

"So, what was on the document?" He asked in hushed tones. I was filled with sadness again. I didn't want to talk about. I tried to avoid the conversation by staying quiet but, it didn't quite work.

"Kiwi, something on that document made you upset. What was it?" He continued to pressure. I could feel the tears attempting to breakthrough. I held them back as best I could. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes hoping Aussie would just give up.

To bad for me, Australia didn't give up. He kept asking questions and with every question, the tear became harder and harder to hold back. It was too dark for Aussie to see my struggles. I knew if I spoke the flood gate would open.

Aussie continued making it harder to control my emotions.

"Please stop!" I shouted. The tears began rolling down my face faster and faster. I could no longer see the faint outline of my brother due to being blinded by the tears.

Australia stunned and sat in silence not daring to make a sound. He moved closer to me and hugged me. I pushed away from him not wanting any support from him. I wiped away my tears and lay down in a curled up position.

I could sense Australia wanting to comfort me but, I'm glad he refrained. Anything else would make me feel worse. I just closed my eyes and fell asleep. 

In the morning I realised Australia sleeping in front of the door. I stood up and walked over to him. I noticed a couple of new cuts and bruises all over his body. I got concerned and tried to wake him up. 

I couldn't get him to open his eyes so I tried shaking him awake. It did nothing. I turned around to see the lamp that used to sit on the desk was now on the floor in pieces. A couple of files and documents were spilt onto the floor. I didn't like the look of this at all.

I tried again to Aussie up but it didn't work. I felt like panicking. I feard the worst. I rolled him over to see if he was breathing. Luckily I could his chest rising and falling. I let out a small sigh of relief. I felt scared though. I had never seen Aussie like this before and he wouldn't wake up.

UK's POV:

I heard a loud noise from downstairs as I had put America to bed. I closed the door and walked downstairs slowly. I looked around the house for a bit to see if anyone was up. The kitchen was empty and so was the lounge. There was only one other place they could be hiding.

I approached my office door and unlocked it. I crept the door open slowly to try and not startle anyone. If they were in here they must have gone in with America. When the door was fully opened I could see Australia and New Zealand under the desk.

New Zealand was asleep and Australia was expecting me. He held my desk lamp as a weapon and sat in front of his sleeping brother.

"Don't come any closer!" Australia shouted. I could bravery in his expression but, there was also fear. He was afraid of me. Good. I walked closer to them and Australia stood up and stepped closer to me.

"I said don't come any closer!" He shouted again. This time his voice hinted fear. He held the lamp in a position where he could easily attack. At this point in time, Australia was rather short. I looked down at him as continued to walk towards him.

He attempted to swing the lamp at me but, I managed to stop it before it hit me. I pulled it out of his hand and use it against him. I swung the lamp at him but he managed to duck in time. I swung again. This time was more successful.

I struck on the arm. The bulb inside shattered and cut his arm. He ran over to protect New Zealand standing in front of him while holding his bleeding arm. I'm impressed at his willingness to defend his new brother.

Australia was a bit of delinquent and got in trouble for stealing and other crimes before I took over care for him. He had definitely been behaving himself more since I became his father. But, in all my years of knowing him, I have never seen him so protective of something or someone.

Australia stood his ground as stepped closer. Before I could do anything more he grabbed the lamp out my hands and swung at me. He struck my leg but, it didn't hurt much. I stepped back and stumbled in surprise.

Australia continued to advance on me. It would probably be best if I let him win this one. I back all the way up to the door and was about to leave. Australia continued advancing and swinging at me with the lamp. He was going too far.

Australia was swinging the lamp far too fast and hard for me to get a grip of so when I was out of the run I slammed the door hard on him. The door slammed shut and I heard a thud from the other side of the door. I attempted to open the door again but, it was blocked.

"You're safe for now,"