Recoil

New Zealand's POV:

I just had to fire the f#cking gun! I forgot about recoil. As soon as I fired the gun, I realised my mistake. All balance on the branch failed and I fell backwards. Grasping at branches on the way down did not help.

I gave up trying to save myself and let myself fall. That was the plan at least. I hit my head on a thick branch. I blacked out before I hit the ground.

.

..

...

....

...

..

.

"Wake up! It's Canada's turn to be the enemy!" I felt someone nudge my head. I slowly opened my eyes to see America standing there, using his foot to wake me up. I felt an awful pain in my forearm. I rolled onto my back.

"Where am I?" I mumbled as I found myself in a bit of a daze.

"Still on the battlefield, stop being such a sleep head and get up, it's been like an hour." America complained.

I slowly tried to sit myself up, putting pressure on my right arm. A sharp pain shot through my body.

"Yeah, you might not want to use that arm." America said. I looked down at it to see a bullet wound. It wasn't bleeding much and looked rather clean. I still felt pale after looking down at it.

"Yeah, Canada did that. But I cleaned it up," America explained. I didn't believe him. I glared at him.

"Look, we don't have bandages and I'm pretty sure the bullet's still in there, but we have to get keep going," He reached out his hand to me to help me up. I took it, but standing up made me feel really unwell.

A headache started forming and between that and the bullet wound, I started to feel dizzy and sick. I lent against the tree we were under and vomited. 

"Holy sh!t dude. Did a couple bug crawl into your mouth or something," Was all that America could say as I vomited my guts out.

Once I was done, I was left with the awful taste in my mouth. America just handed me my gun and started walking off.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I slurred through my nausea.

"To shoot Canada, what does it look like I'm doing?" America snapped back.

"I don't think I can follow," I mumbled, still feeling really sick.

"That isn't an excuse on the battlefield," He explained as walked over to me. Placing his gun down, he knelt down and picked me up as if I weighed nothing. He threw me over his shoulder and told me to make sure no one was following us. It was humiliating, but it was better than walking.

It made me feel childish being carried. I'm not that small.  America carried my gun for me as well. I could barely keep my head up, but I tried my best watch for Canada, if he were to sneak up behind us.

Well. I didn't see Canada, but I did see someone. They looked younger. They ran around, not trying to keep themselves hidden.

"America. America. There is someone here," I mumbled, but he wasn't paying attention.

Tonga's POV:

All we wanted to do was visit New Zealand, but apparently someone out there is playing with guns. Antarctica was shot. It was his hand, but the bullet passed right through. Strangely enough, his hand had shattered like glass... or ice. I had never seen anything like it.

New Caledonia just sat there next to him, staring down at his hand in pure shock and uncertainty. Tuvalu held Antarctica's other hand and tried to calm him down. Antarctica was panicking, but he was able to suppress his own screams in pain. I would have been screaming if my hand got shot off.

However, me, being the oldest, needed to do something. I didn't know what to do.

"Ce sera amusant, dit-elle." New Caledonia muttered to herself (It will be fun, she said.).

"Look, we just need to get out of here. Whoever is here is armed. We will find someone to look at Antarctica's hand when we are in the clear. Cali, Dolphin, hold hands." I instructed. The two did as I asked. I knelt down and picked up Antarctica. Balancing him in my arm, I reached my hand for Cali to hold my hand.

I slowly started leading them out of the forest. I knew that I needed to keep them with me. I really hoped that Antarctica's hand can grow back, because if it doesn't Palau is gonna kill me.

"So we aren't going to see Roa," Dolphin mumbled sadly.

"We can come back later when there are less gunfire," I explained is a hush tone.

"He's my brother," Antarctica mumbled quietly.

"Yes, he is everyone's brother." I smiled.

"He's not my brother." Cali mumbled.

"You are a part of the Oceania family, he's your brother," I explained.

"I'm not from Oceania," Antarctica said in a whisper.

"You are still our brother, Oceania or not. Honestly, if you don't have a home anywhere else, you have a home in Oceania,"

"My home was with Rob-Tob under the bridge. Hey! He also has one hand!" Antarctica said sounding a little more excited.

"That's... great?" I said uncomfortably.

"Can I show him?"

"No. I-I don't think he wants to see that." I explained.

We kept walking, but that was when I noticed someone, or, some people. I knelt down to hide and the two girls copied.

"America, there is someone there." It was Roa. He was looking right at me.

"Does it look like Canada?" America asked.

"Well no."

"Look, it's probably one of those people who accidentally entered the battlefield."

"What?!"

"I may have accidentally shot one,"

"You shot someone other than me and Canada?!"

"I didn't shoot you. I told you, that was Canada!" America fought back.

Between thoughts, I sat Antarctica down on the ground and stood up into clear view.

"Tonga?"

"What the f#ck did you call me?!" America shouted.

"I didn't call you anything, Tonga's my brother and he's other there," New Zealand snapped. America let go of Roa and he fell to the ground.

"Ow!"

"If you are going to have that kind of attitude, I'm not gonna carry you,"

"I didn't even say anything wrong!" Roa argued.

"It was your tone," America huffed.