Home?

France's POV:

I couldn't help but feel happy about hugging and comforting Australia. I had been thinking about that night for a while now. I felt so happy when Australia hugged me back. Even if he doesn't see me as his mother. But now that New Zealand was home Australia wouldn't leave his side and refuses to go anywhere without him. His is becoming protective of New Zealand. But why?

Australia and New Zealand were playing outside together but, something was wrong. New Zealand was only watching Australia kick around the ball. He would usually run around at least attempting to get the ball. It had been three days since New Zealand's trip to the hospital and I think he is getting worse. 

It was getting dark so I decided to call in the boys. They came inside eventually holding hands. New Zealand looked sweaty and seemed out of breath.

"New Zealand, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm just a little tired, that's all" He looked up at me but, I could see something was hurting him.

"How is your wrist?"

"It still hurts" He looked a little nervous, correction, he looked scared.

"Really? We might have to take you back to the hospital if it continues like this,"

"No, no, I-I'm okay, really," He mumbled weakly. He looked at Australia who was still holding his hand.

"Can we go now?" Australia whined. I nodded my head and the two ran upstairs.

"Dinner will be ready in an hour!" I shouted before they were completely out of sight. I slumped down on the couch closest to me, next to UK. He put his arm around me and continued to read his newspaper.

"I think there is something wrong with New Zealand," I said as I hugged UK.

"Yeah I've noticed his strange behaviour too, maybe he is unwell," He replied putting down his paper to have a proper conversation and cuddling closer to me.

"Maybe," I sighed, "But if so, Australia shouldn't be so close to him,"

"Good point" UK was now staring at me with his handsome eyes. I couldn't help it but I felt a blush creep onto my face as I leaned closer, almost kissing now.

"EWW! Get a room!" I forgot America was in the room as well but, he quickly left the room. I leaned away from UK.

"I will go make some dinner now," I said as I got off the couch.

"Alright, my dear," UK picked up his newspaper again.

When I had finished making dinner I called out to everyone to come and get some. America was the first at the table, then UK, and then Canada. I went upstairs to get to New Zealand and Australia.

When I opened the door to Australia's room I saw the two sitting on the ground playing with one of Australia's snakes. The snake was slithering around New Zealand as Australia monitored it.

"Boys, its dinner time," I announced. The two stood came down for dinner and sat next to each other at the table. Dinner was quieter than usual. I noticed the clock hanging on the wall.

"Oh dear, I have to leave now, goodnight, see you in the morning," I said as I got up from my seat and kissed UK goodbye.

"By mom," America said.

Fiji's POV:

I had overestimated my navigation skills and got lost on the way home. I managed to find shelter for the night. I couldn't stop thinking about my big bro. It had been almost a decade since I had seen him. And now. Now he was completely different. New name. New flag. New family. New language. I remembered when we were younger we couldn't understand each other, so he taught me sign-language. Now he knows English. I guess that's good.

The next day I made my way home to see Maori and Malay waiting for me.

"Kau sudah mengambil masamu," Malaysia asked.

"English please," I said tiredly.

"You took your time" Malay repeated himself this time in English.

"Well, for your information, I found Aotearoa," I said smugly.

"Really? Is he okay?" Maori asked as her face filled with concern. She and New Zealand were twins but, it had been a long time since they had seen each other.

"He goes by the name New Zealand now," I said trying hold back laughter.

"He changed his name?" Maori tried to clarify.

"Yep, and his flag,"

"Oh," she said simply. "How did you find him?"

"It was unintentional, to be honest. I saw that UK guy. You know the one who made you sign that treaty"

"Yes, yes, I know who he is," she sounded annoyed.

"Well, I saw him at the park with some of his colonies and decided to follow him home. But when I got to the house it was dark and I saw Aotearoa wandering around the back yard," I continued.

"Well? Where is he?" Malay questioned.

"He isn't here, UK got to him before I could take him anywhere," I answered, "But I met his new brother. America, I think his name was,"

"Fiji! This isn't a joke. Aotearoa has been missing for almost 15 years and now you come back saying you have found him! You had better not be lying!" Malay got all defensive suddenly. Even though Aotearoa and Malaysia weren't as close, he still missed him.

"It's not a joke! I promise!"

"Soo, you know where our brother lives?" Maori said sounding hopeful.

"Yeah, I guess," I shrugged. "Wait, what are you planing,".

"To get him back, obviously," She replied. It makes sense to get our brother back and now that we know where he lives, it made things a whole lot easier. 

"When do we go?" I asked.

"Not now, I'm tired," Malay yawned.

"Yes, let's sleep. We can plan tomorrow," Maori added.

"Fine" I whined, "But I'm hungry,"

"I told you to eat before you left," Maori said.

"Before I left was two days ago!" I complained.

"Fine," She gave in, "There are some leftover Hoki and chips you can eat before bed,"

"Thanks," I said simply. 

Malaysia had already gone inside and Maori followed soon after. But I just sat outside eating my Hoki and chips. I looked up at the night sky. The stars would be out at this time of night but, there were too many grey clouds covering the sky. I got tired and went inside to sleep. I lay down on my bed and stared at the roof until I fell asleep.