Call

New Zealand's POV:

I sat down next to Aussie and ate my doughnut. I was really proud of my new sheep toy. It was very soft and fun to play with. France got a phone call and picked it up. By the sound of the conversation, it was not going well.

I looked around the table to see my brothers feeling just as uncomfortable as I was. I looked at Aussie and he was looking at America. I hugged my sheep for comfort. France began to raise her voice. When she realised this she left and went to the bathroom to argue. Leaving my brothers and me alone.

"I bet you that was dad," America said breaking the awkward silence. Canada nodded nervously in agreeance with him. We all knew what it was about. France had arrived early this morning to take us to her house. UK, however, was not notified.

We sat there for a long while, waiting for France to come back. We all had finished our doughnuts and hot chocolates and were now trying to do the best we could to talk to each other. Aussie brought up the topic of animals and we all started talking about what animal was best.

There wasn't a winner in the end. Canada broke up the fight between Aussie and Ame when they were 'discussing' what bird was better. I'm not going to lie, watching the two of them fight was very entertaining.

France came back not too long after the fight ended. She didn't look happy. She sat down and finished her croissant and tea. She apologised about running off as she did. France took us around the shopping centre a little more as she tried to clothes.

That's when she noticed I was still wearing pyjama pant. From a distance, they looked like black track pants but France obviously knew what I was wearing. She took us into a clothing store and bought me new pants.

Went spent another couple hours at the shopping centre before we left. It was about lunchtime when we got in the car. America kept asking France to go to Mc Donald's while France kept saying, "No sweetie, we have food at home,".

Once we made it home and got inside, Aussie ran to the bedroom we were staying in while France held me back to talk. I felt kind of nervous when she sat me down at the dining table. I was not sure what I was expecting.

"I wish to know you better New Zealand," France said. Definitely not what I was expecting.

"Huh?" I said dumbly.

"I haven't gotten the chance to get to know you, tell me about your favourite things," She stated. I thought for a bit, thinking about how I respond.

"Well, I like my brothers, I like kiwi's and sheep," I said shyly.

"That's nice," She sighed "I'm glad you are getting used to your new family. I am very sorry about UK,". I felt uncomfortable as that was brought up. I still had a lot of things going through my head that I didn't want to remember. I stayed quiet, France noticed my shyness.

"How is your wrist?" She said changing the subject. I had completely forgotten about my wrist. I actually had no problems with it.

"It feels better," I say.

"Oh, that's good. You will need another appointment with the doctor to make sure the infection is gone," France mentioned. I nodded my head.

France's POV:

I got the feeling that I was scaring the poor boy. I tried to change the topic. New Zealand was very polite compared to the description Netherlands had given me. He hadn't had a good start to this family, I just hope it gets better for him.

I remember the conversation I had on the phone with UK. He was angry that I had taken the kids without his knowledge. I just knew the boys couldn't stay with him while he was overloaded with work stresses. 

He also brought up the problem about New Zealand's old siblings trying to get him back. UK and I agreed that New Zealand would only be allowed outside only if one of us were present. We can't risk it. UK said he had plans for New Zealand and doesn't want him free just yet.

UK makes me concerned sometimes. He hasn't been maintaining a very good status as of late for the other counties.

I brought up New Zealand's wrist, because I had been worried about his infection and that it could have gotten worse. New Zealand told me it was feeling better. I really hope he is telling the truth.

I decided I would call up the doctor after talking to New Zealand and organise an appointment for the next day. He really did appear to be going better physically.

After a small chat with New Zealand, I went to my bedroom to make the appointment. During the call, Canada came in and reported a fight going on between America and Australia. It was always them, every single time. I finished making the appointment with the doctor and went to stop the fight.

America was standing on the table while Australia was terrorising him with a spider. I sighed and took Australia's spider away. 

I would have killed it but, I didn't want Australia to be mad at me again. So, I put the spider in an empty jam jar and covered it with a cloth and a rubber band. Australia was upset, of course, but, America wouldn't calm down.

I ended up sending America and Australia both to their bedrooms. I made sure not to put them in the same room before they arrived or I could have ended badly.

I sat in the lounge and turned on the TV. The TV sounds drew New Zealand and Canada to sit with me and watch the news. Canada was interested but New Zealand found it rather depressing. He kept asking me about politics and what they were saying. I guess he hadn't learnt about the wonderful world of politics yet. Lucky kid. Unfortunately, it's a big part of our lives that we can't really ignore.

In the end, I taught New Zealand about politics and he wasn't too interested in it at all, he found his sheep plushie more entertaining. Understandable. Sometimes I wish I was a kid again.