Mornings

New Zealand's POV:

The heist was fun. Aussie enjoyed running around the supermarket with the trolly. Apparently, he had been planning this 'heist' for a while but put it off because he wanted to me to help him. I felt happy to know that he wants me around.

Recently, I have been starting to think that people do actually care about me. What UK said was probably all a lie. Even though I have seen proof that people care, I'm not sure about anything anymore.

Canada thinks I'm too weak to defend myself properly, America doesn't seem to care unless it involves communists and Aussie is double-sided. I don't like to think about it a lot, but I hear Aussie become angry in his bedroom and punches the wall. He scares me.

Every time I hear him like that I remember the time he almost hurt me. He is protective of me but, he acts a lot like UK whenever he is stressed or angry. It hasn't happened in a while, but I'm still nervous if will try and hurt me.

I should stop worrying. He is my brother now and I need to be there with him. And besides, he is probably the only one who really cares about me compared to my other brothers. The only people I really feel safe around are Belarus and Wales. My friends.

It's stupid though. I'm not even allowed to talk to Bela. Wales isn't always there, but I wish he was. 

That wasn't the only things that were bothering me. I felt scared of everything. I didn't trust anything unless Aussie was with me. Especially in Ireland's house. Aussie's dad kept fighting with his brother. I didn't like arguments. But at least I can see how Aussie and Ireland are related.

While staying with Ireland, I had learnt three new swear words. Aussie was proud but Ireland and North Ireland looked at each other as if they had made a mistake. Aussie and I found a chilly bin to put some of the ice creams in. The rest were kept in a freezer for us to take home next time.

That night, I slept well. Although Aussie insisted I sleep in his room, Ireland let me sleep on the couch with a blanket and pillow. I had good dreams that night if only I could have remembered them.

I woke up in the morning to the sound of a kettle boiling. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I walked over to the kitchen to see North Ireland making a hot drink. He saw me and offered to make me a hot chocolate. I nodded and sat down at the messy table.

"Sorry, about the mess kiddo, Ireland doesn't tidy up after himself," He said as he walked over to me with a mug of hot chocolate. He took off a couple of piles of paperwork and took it into the lounge. I took a sip of hot chocolate and looked out the window to the green grass.

Despite the fighting and mess everywhere, Ireland and North Ireland are much kinder and friendlier than UK. Another place I don't want to leave.

Suddenly the thought sunk into my heart. UK was not happy with me and our next encounter would surely end badly.

UK's POV:

Another sleepless night in my office. I hadn't been functioning as I should have been. I was so tired and had to pick up Australia and New Zealand from Ireland's house. I sat up from my desk chair and walked to the kitchen to wash the twenty-seven empty cups of tea and to make another one.

Canada was already in the kitchen humming quietly to himself. He was making toast. I guess he couldn't make his usual serving of pancakes with his broken arm. I put all the tealess teacups in the sink and went to grab another mug from the cupboard.

"Is America up yet?" I asked Canada. Canada seemed to tense.

"Uh, well, yes, he is in the bathroom," Canada seemed to stumble over his words. I was a little confused but shrugged it off.

I sat down with my cup of tea and sipped from it as I read the paper that was lay out on the table. None of the news was interesting but I read a few articles. Canada went into the lounge to eat. It wasn't like him but I brushed it off as he was just tired.

I looked down at my watch and saw the time. About ten minutes until I had to leave to pick up Australia and New Zealand. I had a punishment set up from little New Zealand. He had been getting under my skin with his reckless behaviour.

I finished the article I was reading and went up to the bathroom to check on America. Because of Canada's strange response, I felt I little unsure of what my oldest son was doing. I knocked on the door and I heard a small gasp on the other side.

"America, what are you doing?" I asked.

"N-nothing Dad," America answered a little too quickly. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. I wasn't going to argue with him. I checked my watch. I didn't realise how quickly time had passed.

I told Canada I was leaving to pick up the others and that I would be back shortly. I put on my coat and left the house. I got in the car and drove off quickly.

It wasn't a long drive, but I always needed to be punctual. On the journey, I had time to think about everything that happened in the past few days. Including America's and Canada's strange behaviour. They were hiding something. But what? This was a question for when I cared.

 As soon as I pulled into the driveway of my destination I could see North Ireland in the kitchen through the window. He saw me.

I got out of the car and started walking towards the front door. North Ireland answered and let me inside. I told him that I wouldn't be able to stay very long. Australia and New Zealand seemed ready to leave anyway. Well, ready but they didn't want to leave.

I still had things to do and I took them home. Halfway through the trip back home, Aussie shouted something.

"We left the esky!"