Threats

Warning! This chapter contains self-harm! Read at own discretion!

Canada's POV:

I had woken up that morning trying to forget yesterday's events. I looked down at my cast as I did before I went to sleep. I smiled at the little flower that decorated my wrist. I'm not going to let this day be ruined. I'm going to be happy! I wrongfully thought.

I struggled to get my shirt and pants on but I did it by myself. I was proud. That was one way to start the day. I thought I would see Ame was doing with his black eye. I knocked on his door. There was no answer though. I twisted the doorknob half-hoping it was locked. It wasn't.

The door opened and looked inside. Ame wasn't in his room. That was strange. He usually sleeps in. He was probably in the bathroom. I decided to find him. I walked up to the bathroom door. I could hear him. He was... crying? He was crying!!

My brother instincts kicked in and I opened the door to comfort my brother. But I froze as soon as saw it. I felt my heart sink as saw Ame. Razor in hand and slit wrists. He stared at me shocked and upset. Tears rolled heavily down his cheeks as we looked at each other.

"A-Ame? Why?" I asked. My heart wrenched as I spoke. I felt upset and scared about what my brother had done. Small drips of blood rolled around his wrist and into the sink, making almost a bracelet made of blood.

"I-I," America tried to speak but he sounded completely choked up and unable to speak. He dropped the razor to the ground and we just looked at each other in sympathy. I had to comfort him. I could barely keep myself together as I watched the blood and tears drip in a rhythmic pattern.

I walked over to him slowly. I could see some fear fill his eyes and then relax as I wrap my one good arm around him. It was my attempt at hugging him. He didn't hug back. I didn't expect him to. But I could feel him calm down. His crying turned into quiet sobbing.

When He finally pulled away from me he smiled weakly as if to thank me. I still looked at his wrists. Still bleeding. I wasn't going to leave him here untreated. I found the first-aid kit in the medicine cabinet. I pulled out bandages and gauze pads. 

I placed the gauze pads over his cuts and wrapped the bandages around to keep the gauze pads secured. Once I had finished I hugged my brother again. I left the bathroom and went downstairs to make breakfast.

My mind was all over the place. A mixture of emotions flooded me. But the one thought that stood out to me out of all the chaos was, excuse my language: This family is turning to sh!t.

I felt incredibly stressed. I didn't know if Ame was going to cut himself again or worse. The thought made me tremble.

I didn't want to eat my breakfast with Dad. I know he caused this. This day was not going well.

New Zealand's POV:

I felt shudders of fear run down my spine as we pulled into the driveway of our house. We got out of the car but UK put his hand on my shoulder. My blood ran cold stomach knotted. I felt his grip tighten on my shoulder as he pushed me forward to the front door where Aussie was waiting.

He looked back at me and his expression changed. I could see the sympathy in his eyes as realised what was happening. He couldn't do anything to make a difference though. UK unlocked the door and we all walked in slowly.

UK directed me to his office and shut me in. I heard the door lock. I knew this was bad. I started shaking in fear, looking around for a way to escape. I noticed a vent in the wall under his desk. Hope filled my mind. I crawled under the desk and tried to open the vent.

The door unlocked and swung open. My heart sunk and I looked up to see UK starring down at me angrily. 

"Nice try, but no," He said darkly. I crawled out from under the desk.

"Just do it, hit me, break my arm," I said as I accepted what was to come.

"Good boy, but no. Physical punishment doesn't seem to work on you, so I came up with a new punishment," He said with a sinister smile. I felt so small.

"A new punishment?" I asked nervously. I didn't want to know but I knew I was going to find out anyway.

"How about threats. It works with Australia and America, so how about it," he said just as evilly.

"What kind?" I said fearing the worst.

"If you do not obey me and behave like a good boy, will find your sister and harm her," UK said. I didn't know how to respond. I felt like my mind was lagging.

"Fine, hurt her, it's not like she cares about me anyway," I said eventually.  UK looked stunned. He seemed confused.

"You want me to harm her?" He asked unsurely.

"Do what you want, she isn't my sister anymore," I mumbled under my breath. UK was silent. Not a word came from him.

"You know what! I didn't want to have to do this," UK said. his words made me frightened. Before I knew it, UK had tied me up to the desk chair. I struggled but I couldn't get free. What was he going to do anyway?

It wasn't until I heard him call for Canada that I realised what was going to happen.

"Please don't! He is already hurt enough!" I cried. I could see the pleasure in his face as I spoke.

"Yes, Dad?" Canada said from around the corner.

"Don't worry, I don't need you right now," UK shouted to him. UK looked back at me and smiled sadistically. The fear on my face was obvious.

"Don't hurt him," I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"I won't unless you break these rules; Don't ever stand up for your brothers, know that no one will care if you are dead, no speaking about what happened now to your brothers and obey me at all times, ok?" UK said. It was the same four rules he told me in the car that one night.

I nodded my head in defeat. There was nothing I could do anyway. I had given in completely.