Sewing kit

Maori's POV:

These chains were tight and hurt me. Sitting in that cellar really made you feel depressed. My stomach growled. I was really hungry, but I tried to fight the urge to eat from the dog bowl. This was a cruel joke. The longer I sat there, the more delicious the baked beans looked.

"Get ahold of yourself, you have gone without food for several days. You don't need that," I muttered to myself.

I just stared at it. It looked beautiful. I could swear it was glowing. I looked around nervously in case I was being watched at all. When I was sure the coast was clear, I reached for the bowl. But the chains were too short. I tried reaching for it with my leg, but no luck.

I was getting frustrated and hungry. I needed that food!

"Mao! Up here!" I heard someone call. I looked over to the direction of the voice and saw Tuvalu poking her head through. I felt slightly embarrassed to be seen in such a pathetic state, but I was more concerned with why she was here.

It didn't take long for her to call someone over, that someone being Tonga. Of course it would be Tonga.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked in a hush voice.

"We are saving you!" Tuvalu announced brightly. There was no trying to convince Tuvalu that this was a bad idea, so I decided to blame Tonga if anything went wrong.

I wasn't sure what their plan was, but as soon as I heard that blood-curdling scream come from Tuvalu, I knew things were not going to plan. I must admit, I was terrified for Tuvalu. She was way too little to be going through this.

Suddenly, the cellar door opened and UK walked in holding Tuvalu in his arms. I could tell she was still in a lot of pain, but she was very strong.

I watched as UK tried to stumble down the stairs, but something seemed to be making it difficult for him. It wasn't Tuvalu; she was too light to be an issue. As soon as he reached the bottom of the stairs, he dropped her on the ground. It was hard ground, and she didn't have time to catch herself, so she fell to the ground like a rag doll.

"F#cking kids never know when to quit." UK muttered as he reached behind him and grabbed something. He winced a bit as he pulled something out of his back and dropped it, just missing Tuvalu's head.

It was a knife. A serrated one at that.

Tuvalu laid on the ground, still and quietly until UK made it back up to the top of the stairs and closed the door. She turned her head to look at me.

"I didn't know it would hurt," She muttered weakly.

"Where did he get you?" I asked.

"My shoulder and neck," She struggled to say.

"Your neck?! That's serious. Try to bring yourself closer to me!" I called. She nodded and tried to crawl over to me. I was filled with relief that it was only her collar bone.

"Am I going to die?" I asked. I could see tears welling in her eyes.

"At the hands of that b@stard! Hell no! You are so strong and can make it. It will hurt for a while, but battle scars are what tell our history," I confirmed. She smiled and began to close her eyes. I was surprised that she didn't pass out from the pain earlier.

What a strong little soldier.

New Zealand's POV:

I sat on my bed, looking at the ground. Aussie sat next to me, trying to comfort me. I had stopped crying, but my arms still hurt. And my entire body was bruised. But the worst thing was that Cloudy was no longer with us.

He gave his life to protect me, but the belt tore his stomach open. Cloudy laid on the ground with his fluff falling out. His black bead eyes watched me, and the little stitched smile seemed a lot more painful.

Australia stood up and walked over to Cloudy, picking him up gently.

"I guess I should say goodbye," I muttered with an ache in my throat.

"What? Kiwi, it's a toy," Aussie said as he held Cloudy by his leg, causing more fluff to fall to the ground.

"But he is dead," I said.

"Kiwi, toys are not alive in the first place, so they can't die," He explained as he picked up the fluff.

"But he is still hurt," I reasoned.

"It's just a little rip, it's not that hard to fix, we just need to find a sewing kit," Aussie said.

"Sewing kit?" I questioned.

"Yeah, every house I have been to has one. It looks like a cookie tin," He smiled.

"There is a cookie tin in Netherland's desk drawer." I said, remembering that one time I wandered into his office and looked through his drawers. It didn't end well, but it was the only cookie tin I could think of.

"That would be it. Where is his desk?" Aussie asked.

"In his office, but he doesn't like us going in there." I sighed.

"We just have to be sneaky. I'll distract Dad 2 while you go get the tin," He smiled proudly. Dad 2? Strange.

"Okay, it sounds like a good plan, I guess," I nodded.

I must admit, I was really nervous. Not only had Netherlands just beaten me, but now I was breaking his number one rule. I still wanted Cloudy to be better, so I did it for Cloudy.

I waited until I heard Aussie talking to Netherlands before I made my first move. I slowly snuck into the office. It was much smaller than UK's, but it was much tidier. I walked over to the desk and started opening the drawers.

It took me a while to find the tin, but I did find it. As I pulled it out, I heard Netherlands shout. I felt my heart race, and I quickly left the office and ran back to my room. I hid the tin under my bed and waited for Aussie to come back.

When he finally came back, he asked where the tin was as he shut the door. I pulled the tin out from under my bed and handed it to him. I watched as he took off the lid and just stared at the contents.

"This isn't a sewing kit," I said.