New company

Canada's POV:

Several days had passed and Zea didn't speak to anyone. I rarely saw him actually. He stayed in his room most of the time and only came down for dinner. Everyone was starting to worry about him. Even Dad. Whatever he did, did more damage then what he expected.

Zea avoided eye contact with everyone and when we tried to get his attention he would flinch. He became cold and scared of his own shadow. Almost literally. That wasn't the only problem though.

I have never been able to keep secrets for very long. I was always a very honest person and I hated lying. Aussie, on the other hand, was a compulsive liar. He had been teaching me how to keep secrets. Not talking about it. The only advice that worked.

Mom had stopped pressuring me to tell her what happened a few days ago. But today, Aussie and America were staying with Spain because of an argument they had this morning. Mom and Dad are both at work, leaving New Zealand and me alone at home.

Ukraine and I had organised to meet up today. I needed someone to talk to. New Zealand was in his room and didn't even come down for breakfast this morning. I ate a sandwich and waited for someone to knock at the door.

Once I finished my lunch, I decided to make some for New Zealand. I finished making his sandwich and went up to his room and opened the door. New Zealand jumped when I opened the door. He went pale and stared at me wide-eyed. He did this every time. I placed the sandwich at the end of his bed and left.

As I was walking down the stairs, someone knocked on the door. I ran down to answer. I opened the door to see Ukraine and... Belarus?

"Sorry, she wanted to come and see your sister," Ukraine explained. I forgot that they all thought New Zealand was a girl. They would find out sooner or later. I didn't know what to say, whether or not I should tell them about Zea and how he- I mean she- has been acting.

"New Zealand isn't currently that well," I said. But then again, maybe all he needs is new company. Maybe Belarus can get him- her- to talk.

I let them both inside and offered them something to eat. I made them both a sandwich and they ate at the kitchen table. Belarus was quite eager to see New Zealand. She ate her sandwich quickly and asked me where h- she was.

I told her where New Zealand was and she ran off to find her. That left me alone with Ukraine. we talked for a bit while he finished his sandwich. I was happy to finally talk to someone how cared. He always listened to me. Sadly, he could relate to my problems.

He always gave me good advice though. He started talking about what he was going through and I gave him advice back. At least I wasn't alone.

New Zealand's POV:

The smallest things scared me and I was too scared to talk to my brothers. I was already ashamed of my face and now my fears. I didn't want people to see me so hid in my room. Sometimes my brothers would come in to drop off food and I hated the sound of the door opening.

I can see properly now but I'm still badly bruised. I have been wearing long-sleeved tops and hoodies to hid my arms and I try not to let anyone look at me.

Canada came in and put a sandwich at the end of my bed. I was hungry and I didn't plan of starving myself. I waited until he left and picked up the sandwich. For the most part, I had been surviving on what anyone brought me to eat. I only sometimes left my room to eat or go to the toilet.

Not to long passed and I heard someone running up the stairs. I thought it was Canada going to his room, but the footsteps headed towards my room. I started to panic a little and hugged Cloudy. There was a knock on my door. My heart rate sped up.

"Hey, New Zealand! It's me Belarus!" Came a voice from the other side of the door.

"Can I come in?" She asked. I thought for a bit about who she was and then I remembered her from that night UK was shot. I stayed quiet. The door opened anyway. I almost had a heart attack. She walked in and stopped and stared at me. I felt insecure.

"You're a guy?" She asked. After taking a few breaths I nodded. I looked down at the ground avoiding eye contact with her. She stepped closer.

"What happened to your face?". I stayed quiet, but I covered my eye with my hand. She sat down next to me.

"Can you talk?" She kept asking questions. I nodded again.

"Did you want to talk about it?". I shook my head. Tears slowly began to fall down my face.

"Did you want a hug?" She asked finally. I nodded weakly and she put both her arms around me. It was nice. She kept hugging me and let go when I felt better. I didn't tell her I felt better. She just knew.

"Thanks," I mumbled under my breath. She smiled.

"Let's start again, hi I'm Belarus but you can call me Bela," She said and held out her hand. I smiled and shook her hand.

"Hi, I'm New Zealand but you can call me Kiwi," I said. She was nice.

"Can I asked you something?" She asked. I nodded.

"Why were you dressed as a girl?".

"I lost a bet to my brothers," I mumbled quietly.

"Brothers are mean," She laughed.

"You Have brothers?" I perked up.

"Yeah, three of them. Well I have more but only three of them talk to me," She laughed a little.

"Heh, you must know my brothers by now," I said.

"Mhmm, you look a lot like Australia. Are you two twins?" She asked.

"I feel like this question is going to become a common occurrence. And no, we are both adopted from different parents. The way we look is just a coincidence." I explained.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking about our brothers and things we had in common. Canada raced into my room scaring the hell out of me.

"Dad's home!" He said.