Strange place

Belarus's POV:

I smiled and waved at New Zealand. He seemed sad. He put on a smile for me, though. Russia noticed me waving and stood in my way. He always controlled everything I did. I'm not allowed to make friends unless he approves. I know he is only trying to protect me though.

As Papa and Mr Netherlands talked, I picked up on two things that they were saying. They talked about New Zealand and Australia and how they were being badly abused by Mr UK. I guess the rumours were true.

"Oh well, I had better get these brats out of here, have a good day Soviet," Mr Netherlands smiled and stood up from his table. I peaked past Russia and saw Australia stand up, New Zealand appeared to refuse to go.

"New Zealand, you little Sh!t, we're going!" Mr Netherlands shouted. New Zealand still sat at that table. Papa began ushering us over to another table, but I kept watching.

"Kiwi, come on. This is the first time in forever that we get freedom," Australia announced.

"Herekore? Ehara tenei i te herekore," I heard New Zealand spit angrily (Freedom? This isn't freedom,).

"Speak English, you waste of land!" Mr Netherlands snapped.

"Te ti'aturi nei au ka totohu koe i roto i te hara," New Zealand muttered again (I hope you drown in sin).

I noticed Mr Netherlands was holding some kind of leash. When he yanked it, New Zealand went with it.

"You had better get your act together and enjoy this day. Because you won't be allowed outside again until that heals." Mr Netherlands said, pointing to a small mark on New Zealand's leg. He looked so defeated. Mr Netherlands was not being nice. This made me angry.

"Papa, can I go to the bathroom?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah Estonia," He sighed.

"I'm Belaru-" I tried to correct him.

"If you want to go, then go," He answered tiredly. I got down from the table without too much question after that and went to follow New Zealand. The mall was a pretty big place for someone like me, but I knew my way around and was pretty good at self-defence. When your dad is an alcoholic, it will surprise you at the amount of skills you pick up on. I wonder if Mr UK is an alcoholic.

I followed closely behind New Zealand and Mr Netherlands. Australia had run on ahead. New Zealand was on a leash and was practically being dragged behind. This is humiliating. No one deserves this. I think it's ironic how Mr Netherlands talks about them being taken from an abusive father just to move in with him and get this kind of treatment.

I followed them into a store and waited until I could talk to New Zealand alone. But because of this stupid leash he was on, it was difficult. They eventually stopped in a toy aisle, and I got New Zealand's attention.

He turned around and saw me. I motioned with my hand for him to come over to me. He nodded. New Zealand slowly walked over to me, but they yanked him back by the leash.

"Where do you think you are going?"

Canada's POV:

I was so scared. I couldn't see anything. I did not understand what was happening. I was too afraid to say something, but I knew I was in the back seat of a car. Someone had tied a blindfold to my face and my hands behind my back.

I remember what happened. It was my turn to hide from America, so I did. But he already knew all my hiding spots and wanted to win at least one round. I snuck out of the playground area and started wandering off to under a nearby table. In doing so, I bumped into a strange man. I apologised, and he told me not to worry.

"I used to play here when I was younger, do you want me to show you my favourite hiding spot?" He asked. I knew about stranger danger, but the man seemed so genuine, so I nodded. He stood up from his seat and motioned for me to follow him. I felt uncomfortable, but I followed him anyway.

"So, where is this spot? Why are we in the car park?" I asked.

Suddenly, he covered my mouth with his hand and stuck a blindfold over my eyes. I could feel my heartbeat quicken as I realised my mistake. I didn't call for help. It would have been likely that the man would hurt me. So I kept quiet as he led me into what seemed to be the back of a car.

"You need to be quiet or else you will never see your brothers again," He threatened. Wait. Who did he know I had over one brother?

Without my sight and hands bound behind my back, all I could do was hope that someone would realise I'm missing. I know it's wishful thinking, but now would be a great time to remember I exist.

I could feel the bumps in the road and the radio reporting boring news. Despite the many scenarios playing through my head, I tried to stay as calm as possible. If I did a small thing wrong, I would get in more trouble than I was already in.

"We are here," The man grumbled as the car pulled to a halt. The car door opened and I could feel the man unbuckling my seat belt and put me off his shoulder. I could feel him limping as he walked to the door.

Soon enough, I was inside a strange place. I felt completely disorientated as he placed me down on a couch and told me to wait. I heard other footsteps enter the room and my heart raced.

"Another one? How many of us do you need?" Someone asked. It sounded like a child, probably younger than me.

"You guys can set him free, I've locked the front door," The man sighed. I could feel them untie my hands, and as soon as they free, I took the blindfold off and looked around at the place I was in.