Eat

Australia's POV:

Kiwi has been getting worse as each day passes. UK and France won't even let me see him now in fear that I might catch what New Zealand has. He told me about his dream a few days ago and it got me thinking. If Netherlands is not New Zealand's father then who is? I want to ask him so bad.

I walked downstairs because I was getting bored sitting in my bedroom. As I made it to the lounge I could her UK and France talking. They were being a little too quiet about it so, I decided to listen in.

"We need to take him to hospital," France whispered.

"No need to be dramatic,"

"New Zealand has only been getting worse and is showing no signs of improvement,"

"How about we compromise and call the doctor to have a look at him,"

"Alright then, but what about-"

"Hey, Aussie!" I jumped in surprise and then turned around.

"Oh, so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you," Canada apologised.

"No, it's okay, no need to apologise" I replied feeling a little annoyed I missed out on the rest of the sentence.

"Heh, sorry," he said, "I was just wondering if you wanted some breakfast?"

"No. I'm not hungry,"

"Look, Aussie. Don't think I haven't noticed you starving yourself. You need to eat!" He caught me off guard. I didn't think anyone paid attention to whether I eat or not. I didn't answer I just looked at the ground.

"Australia, listen to me, making yourself starve will not help with the situation," Canda began to lecture.

"Is it that obvious?" I laughed a little.

"No. Which is even scarier. Please don't think we don't care about you, because I care about you,". No one had ever said that to me. I spent my life in this family being cast aside and less important than everyone else.

"Please eat," Canada asked.

"Okay then,". Canada gave me a sympathetic smile and took me to the kitchen. I grabbed the box of Weet-Bix and the milk. I sat down at the table and assembled my breakfast. Before I ate, I looked down at my breakfast. I wasn't hungry. I didn't feel like eating.

"Eat!" Canada commanded as he sat down next to me with a plate of maple syrup and a couple of pancakes.

"Got enough syrup there," I joked. He didn't laugh.

"Eat!" He said again.

"Okay, geez," I picked up my spoon and started eating. Canada made sure I finished my breakfast before I could go. I got down from the table and my bowl in the sink. I went back to the lounge to do some more spying but, France and UK had already left.

I was bored again. I could always annoy America or go outside and play with the footy ball. Nah, too much work. I know! I can visit Stevie! I hadn't visited him since the funeral. I walked out the back and did the long trip to the tree where he lies.

Before I arrived, I stopped at a rose bush that France had planted years ago. White roses scattered the bush. I looked around to make sure no one was looking. I picked one of the biggest roses. I pricked my hand on a couple of thorns though. The weather had been perfect for roses recently so, the roses were in almost perfect condition.

I took the flower over to the tree and lay it down on Stevie's grave. I sat down next to him and leaned up against the tree.

"I hope you're doing well, Stevie,"

"Umm, I don't mean to be rude, but, are you talking to that tree?"

Fiji's POV:

Malay decided to be a bum and go home a few days ago, while Maori and I continued the search. As we were walking I noticed a familiar house peeking through the trees.

"Aha! See I told you I could find my way back!" Maori rolled her eyes. I looked around and caught a glimpse of someone. They were talking. I walked closer until I could just see the stars on their face. He was talking to... a tree?

"Umm, I don't mean to be rude, but, are you talking to that tree?" I asked coming into full view of him. Maori followed close behind. He just sat there looking confused.

"Well don't just stare, Aotearoa, say something," As soon as I said that Maori jumped out from behind me and hugged him tightly. He started to turn a strange shade of purple when Maori let go.

"I'm not Aotearoa," He had a funny accent.

"If you aren't Aotearoa, who are you," Maori asked.

"My name is Australia," he said, "But the name rings a bell, are you talking about my brother New Zealand?"

"Your brother?" Maori said. Australia stopped and looked at her.

"Hey, you look like that one girl from New Zealand's photo. You're his sister, right?"

"Yes," She answered.

"I guess Aotearoa has a new twin now," I said as Maori hit me over the head.

"What! No, I am older than him and we look different" Australia complained.

"Not really," I said unhelpfully. Australia and Maori both gave me death glares and I went back to being silent.

"Where is my brother?" Maori asked Australia. He was quiet and looked at the ground.

"Well, where is he?" Maori asked again. Australia looked at us.

"I don't think you can see him right now," He finally answered.

"What! Why?" I asked. "He was fine the other night,".

"The other night?" He was confused.

"I saw him the other night out here,"

"How long ago?" He asked.

"Maybe about a week ago," It had been a while since I had last seen him. I look back at Australia who was giving Maori and I and nervous look.

"What happened? Is he okay?" Maori asked desperately. "Tell me the truth!".

"He cut his wrist badly and now he is very unwell," Australia said. Not what I was expecting but okay.

"Can I see him?" Maori asked.

"No, not at the moment. You could get sick as well," Australia answered

"How long has he been like this?" I asked.

"For a few days now and UK says he isn't getting better," He said.

"UK?" Maori asked.

"Yeah, New Zealand was recently adopted into the family by UK," He explained. Maori looked angry.

"He tricked to me! He made me sign the treaty! He told me he would return my Kiwi!" She started yelling in anger.

"What do you mean he made you sign a treaty?" Australia asked.

"The treaty of Waitangi. He told me if I signed it he would give me my brother back! But instead, he used it for his own gain," She started to tear up, "I pretty much signed my brother away,".

"Hey, hey. It's okay," Australia stood up and walked over to us. "It's not your fault, but, you should probably go now, France waters the plants around this time,". We turned to leave when Maori looked back and said:

"Thank you. I will be back for my brother. But for now, take care of him for me, okay?"

"Okay,"

"Oh, and could you pass on a message for me?"

"Uh, sure"

"Tell him: Kia Kaha," (Stay strong)

"I will,".