Medicine

New Zealand's POV:

The doctor did a few tests on me and asked me a couple of questions like in the hospital. I felt kind of bad telling the doctor that I cut my wrist on the metal cuffs. UK got in trouble but it was quickly forgotten when the doctor diagnosed me. France and UK looked terrified. Like I was going to die. Could I die?

At that moment UK stood up to let the doctor out. But, as he opened the door, my three brothers fell through and landed at UK's feet. I tried to hold back a laugh. They all stood up and got out of the way of UK and the doctor. Australia was the first to hug me. He leaned closer to me and whispered something in my ear.

"Kia Kaha," he whispered. I felt so excited I jumped up to see if they were outside but, Before I could get a proper look Australia said:

"Sorry, they left this morning," All of my joy was sucked out of me immediately. I lay back down in bed and America just looked at me.

"You look awful," He said.

"Gee, thanks, so do you," I replied while sticking my tongue out at him. A short while later France and Canada left to get my medicine. Australia stayed with me and America probably went back downstairs to raid the fridge. France had been telling me how America likes to eat a lot. This was the first time I had seen my brothers in a few days. It was nice.

Australia sat on the bed next to me and started talking about his animals. He told me that one of his older snakes will be expecting babies in a couple of days.

"Exciting," I said.

"What should we name them?" He asked.

"We?"

"Yeah! I am pretty bad at naming things," Aussie laughed.

"I guess we will have to wait and see how many there are," I said. We sat there talking for a long time about our favourite animals. Mine is a Kiwi and close behind would be sheep.

"So that's why you are called Kiwi" Aussie realised. I nodded my head. Australia then looked like he remembered something.

"Hey, Kiwi, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to but, who are your real parents?" He asked. Strange question.

"Netherlands, I guess," 

"But you said that he abducted you, who did you live with before he took you?" Australia was persistent.

"I lived with Maori and my two other brothers. It was just us, we never had any parents," I answered.

"Wait, two brothers?" He seemed confused, "I only met one,".

"Yeah, I have two little brothers, they never really got along though,"

"Little? Hold on, are you telling me, that before you were taken by Netherlands you and your sister would take care of two little boys without any parents?"

"Yeah, pretty much,". Just as Aussie was about to say something France came into my room hold a paper bag. She sat down next to me and pulled out a small bottle of pills.

"Australia, could you get a glass of water from the kitchen?" France asked. Aussie nodded and headed downstairs to get a glass of water.

"I got the medicine for you. It says to take it twice a day with water," She read the bottle. Australia ran into the room a few moments later holding a glass of water.

Australia's POV:

Kiwi spent a good ten minutes trying to swallow his medicine. I gotta admit it was pretty funny to watch. When he managed to swallow it he glared at me as I tried to hold back laughter.

"Can New Zealand play with me now?" I asked France. Kiwi hadn't left his room for a long time.

"Sure, but be careful with him," She replied. Kiwi got out bed and almost fell over. He steadied himself. I decided to give him another piggyback ride and he got on my back. I began running around the house like crazy as Kiwi was shouting directions. After that, we went into my room to play with my animals. Kiwi wouldn't stop hugging my koalas.

"They are so cute," He squealed. It's good to see New Zealand happy again.

... 4 days later ...

"Kiwi come quick!" I yelled as I stood in front of the snake tank. New Zealand ran in quickly to see my Snake, Martha, curled up around three empty eggshells.

"They hatched!" Kiwi said excitedly as he started looking around the habitat for them. I found one and picked him up.

"Well, what are they gonna be called?" I asked my little brother.

"We should call this one Stevie the 2nd because he looks just like the other Stevie," He said pointing to the baby snake in my hands.

"Good idea! But what about the other two?".

"Not sure," He shrugged.

"Well, I am going to call this one TimTam," I announced as I pointed to a brown baby snake.

"What about the last one?" The last snake was a pale brown with yellowish spots running down its back.

"How about I call it Kiwi," I laughed.

"Don't be silly. I'm Kiwi," He joked back.

"Fine then, I will call her Shela,".

"Okay, so there is, Shela, TimTam and Stevie the 2nd," New Zealand noted.

"Yep," I confirmed. "Did you want to hold one?".

"Yes!" I could see his eyes light up.

"Here you can hold Stevie the second," I said as I passed Stevie the 2nd to Kiwi.

"It tickles," New Zealand laughed as the snake climbed up his arm. After a few minutes of playing with Stevie the 2nd, UK walked into the room to see what we were doing. He quickly walked out and then came back in holding his camera. He took a picture of New Zealand holding the snake and then one of the both of us.

"By the way boys, Ireland and all that are coming for dinner tonight. And New Zealand?" UK said before he left.

"Yeah?" New Zealand responded.

"It's good to see you are feeling better, the medicine seems to be working, And Australia, thank you for looking after him".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello once again!

I just want to thank everyone for 1K VIEWS!! Thank you all so much!

On another note, I am starting another story called Safe Place. It is an Apocalypse au from Australia's perspective. I will be releasing it soon, so keep your eye out if you're interested.

Either way, I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Thanks again for 1K views! I am sending more digital hugs to everyone!

From the Author!