Gunshot

New Zealand's POV:

I was halfway through getting changed into my pyjamas and out the girly clothes my brothers made me wear when I heard a loud noise. I looked around to hide, but I couldn't find anywhere safe. It didn't take long before Aussie ran into my room.

I quickly finished putting my pyjamas on and asked my brother what happened. He said he didn't know and told me to get under the bed while he checked. I watched Aussie from under the bed. He was looking out the window.

I crawled out from under the bed and stood next to see what he was watching. In the dark, I could see UK walking back to the house. He was holding his upper arm tightly. In the arm he was holding was a gun.

I heard the back door open and slam closed. Aussie and I ran downstairs to see what happened. On the way, we bumped into America and Canada, who had the same idea. They looked just as scared as we did.

We saw UK throw the gun on the couch and walk into the kitchen. I saw a trail of blood on the floor. I became worried and walked up to him. My brothers tried to stop me, but they couldn't. I was already there.

I looked up at UK. I felt scared, but I need to do this.

"Dad? Are you okay?" I asked nervously. He looked down at me. His gaze scared me. It was full of hate. He turned to face me. I saw his arm. It was bleeding a lot. I tried to step away from him, but he grabbed my arm.

I could feel my heart race and fear fill my eyes as I looked at him. I tried to pull out his grip, but it was too tight.

"This is all your fault," He said to me quietly. I felt liking crying. He let go of me and pushed me to the ground. I tried to crawl away from him. He slammed his fist on the table. The noise made my stop.

"I told you to go to bed, why didn't you listen!" He shouted.

"I-I wanted to see if you w-were hurt," I whimpered anxiously.

"What do you think!".

Australia took a step towards me.

"If you take one more step Australia, I will hurt him!".

Aussie froze. He seemed pale and looked at me with worry.

"Now go to your room! All of you!" UK shouted. My brothers turned around and walked away. They all seemed worried about my safety. I was left alone with UK. And I was petrified. I stayed down and looked at him. I watched him try to bandage his arm. He wasn't able to.

"D-do you want h-help?" I asked shakily. He looked back at me. I was expecting him to hurt me, but he just nodded his head. I stood up cautiously and walked over to him. I wrapped the bandage tightly around his arm and stepped away fearfully.

UK looked at his arm and then back at me. He let out a sigh. He walked towards me and grabbed my arm. He started taking me down somewhere. A cellar. It was a cellar. He didn't say a word. He just left me down there and locked the door.

Maori's POV:

I was waiting with my little brothers in the garden for Aotearoa. I was sure he would be out soon. We had been waiting for several hours, but he didn't come.

"Maybe he didn't the note," Fiji said unhelpfully as he loaded the musket. He told me he had used one before. I had said to him that it was only for defence. Malaysia was quiet though. He didn't say a word out of all the time we had been waiting.

It was getting quite dark and I wasn't sure if my brother would come or not. I was tired, but I didn't want leave. Just in case. Another hour passed and there was still no sign of anyone. Malaysia told us we should leave.

I convinced him that we should have stayed longer. We continued to wait until I heard a noise of a car pulling in around the front of the house. We made sure were hidden. Not too long later,  hear the back door open. 

Someone was walking towards us. They seemed to be still quite a while away. So I stood up to see who it was. My stomach sank when I saw UK. He looked angry. He continued to walk towards us slowly.

"He doesn't want to see you!" He shouted.

"Lies!" I shouted back.

"I'm not lying this time! Now leave my property!" He demanded. I refused to believe him and I refused to leave. UK walked closer and closer. Fiji was waiting silently and out of sight. As far as UK was concerned, it was only him and I.

He started getting a little too close, by too close I mean, within five metres of me. I took the gun from Fiji's hands and aimed it at UK. He seemed a little too calm and continue to get closer. I closed my eyes and fired.

The gunshot was deafening. I opened my eyes to UK firmly gripping his bullet pierced arm. He looked me dead in the eyes and took the musket. He held threatened me with it despite being unloaded. He knew this too, which is why I retreated.

Malay and Fiji backed away slowly with me until we could no longer see him. I knew if we stayed, he would have used it as something to beat us with. His words repeated in my head. I had to keep denying it though. There was no way my brother didn't want to see me.

Unless...

"He has been brainwashed!" I said out loud.

"Who?" Fiji asked obviously confused by my strange outburst.

"Aotearoa! UK has brainwashed him," I explained.

"You can't honestly believe that, Maori, I'm sure there was just a misunderstanding," Malaysia tried to talk sense to me. I sighed, I hoped he was right. I just really missed my brother. It has been hard without him around.

I will see him again one day.