Nightmares

New Zealand's POV:

I woke up with a bit of a headache, but overall I wasn't too bad. I sat up and the room was dark and empty. Why was it empty? I couldn't see my stuff or anything. The room looked nothing like I remembered. There were no windows, only a door in the corner and the bed I was lying in.

I could hear shouting, terrified shouting coming from behind the door. It sounded familiar. I got out of bed and slowly walked to towards the door. I was shaking all over and as I reached for the door handle I felt like a knife went through my hand. I jumped back and looked down at my hand.

It was covered in blood and dripping heavily. It wasn't my hand, it was my wrist that was bleeding. The door suddenly opened and I saw Australia and America. Australia was bleeding from the head and America was looking around worried and yelling for help.

It scared me. I tried to run down to help them but I felt something clamp around my bleeding wrist. I looked back and saw Canada holding my wrist. He was crying. UK was holding a knife to his neck and Canada was whispering I'm sorry over and over again.

I was terrified and felt like crying but nothing happened. I couldn't move. I was petrified. I didn't like this. I wanted it to stop. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping it will all disappear. I wanted this all to go away.

I opened my eyes hoping to be back. I wasn't. I was somewhere else. A room full of mirrors. Or so I thought. I touched one of them but my reflection grabbed my arm and pulled me through the mirror. I was falling. I looked down and saw the ground quickly approaching me.

I woke up screaming. I had tears in my eyes and quickly covered my mouth. It was dark, but at least I wasn't dreaming anymore. I darted my head around the room quickly making sure everything was back to normal. I found myself panting. The house was silent.

I was shaking and breathing heavily. I picked up Cloudy who was sitting on the ground next to me. He must have fallen off while I slept. I hugged Cloudy tightly. I didn't want to go back to sleep. I still felt unwell but I didn't want to sit on the bed.

I crawled off the bed slowly with Cloudy accompanying me. We crawled under the bed and I lay down there. I felt uneasy. I wanted to leave. The images from my dream flashed in my head and I remembered seeing Aussie bleeding. I didn't want to believe he was hurt, but something told me it was true. 

I closed my eyes tightly even though I didn't want to fall asleep, I was still scared of the darkness. I heard footsteps which made my heart skip a beat. The door opened and hugged Cloudy tighter. I could see the feet walking to me. 

"New Zealand! Are you okay?" I heard France's voice.

Australia's POV:

I woke and my head was very sore. I could feel someone leaning on my head. I opened my eyes. Everything was red and I couldn't see anything but red. I couldn't help but yell in fear. I could hear America's voice. He tried to calm me down. I tried to get away.

"W-where am I?" I asked. I was terrified.

"Shut up! We are in the cellar dumba$$!" America whisper-shouted. I backed into a wall and looked around wildly despite not being able to see.

"Why can't I see??!!" I shouted, panicking.

"You have blood in your eyes, now be quiet," America said putting his hand over my mouth to get me to be quiet. Blood!? What from? I put my hands to my head and felt a large gash above my eyes. I panicked more. I tried to wipe the blood away which worked and I could see again.

I looked at America. He was very pale. He still had his hand over my mouth. When he looked back at me he put his hand down and starred at my forehead look almost sick.

"I-is it bad?" I asked nervously. America didn't say anything. He was in shock. I must have been bad. We sat there quietly for hours. The pain in my head becoming more and more evident as minutes passed. I was strong though, and I wont cry with America around.

I watched as America slowly drifted to sleep, leaving me alone with the pain and my thoughts. I couldn't hold it back much more. The pain was really bad and I couldn't stop the tears from falling to the ground. It had stopped bleeding at least. 

I looked out the small barred vent. I could feel the cold breeze blowing through while dragging the moonlight with it. It was really late. I thought of Kiwi. He was probably happily sleeping, safe and sound at France's house. I wish he was here to comfort me.

I wondered how long I would be stuck in the cellar for. Especially with America. He lay on the cold ground next to me. I noticed his sleeve was stained with blood. Suddenly, I realised what he had done for me.

I was unconscious and he tried to stop the blood flow. But why? He hated me and I hated him. I was so confused as to why. I looked around the dimly lit cellar to find something to distract my mind. I started counting the bottles of wine that I could see.

It's not counting sheep, but at least it passes the time. I counted all the bottles in the cellar at least ten times before I felt like falling asleep. I could see the day light pouring in through the vent by the time my eyes started becoming heavy.

I lay down on the floor, feeling very weak. I put my hands under my head to support it and my eyes began to slowly close. I yawned and fell asleep completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings!! Tis' I!

I'm not sure if you guys know or not, but to those who are interested, I have published an Ask and Dare book! It is open if you want to submit questions or dares, or you can just read the results if you want.

I shall give you all digital hugs for no reason other than I appreciate you!!

Stay safe, wash your hands and love yourself!!

The Author