Huggy

Australia's POV:

"Another brother? Why would we fight him?" I asked. It didn't make sense.

"Your father has a bad habit of surprising adopting random kids. I also think he has been in some kind of blood lust. It's a shame because there are no rules preventing or even punishing this kind of behaviour." Neth explained.

"Sounds a lot like what you would do," Kiwi mumbled.

"Don't be a smart mouth. All countries fall foul of this. You will do it too, just wait until you build yourself an empire," He snapped.

"Kaore au i rite ki a koe," Kiwi grumbled (I'm not like you).

"I want to start an Empire!" I said proudly.

"Don't let yourself lose sight of ethics. We are all as corruptible as the next," Neth warned.

"Yeah, Kiwi! You will be the first under my Empire!" I said, grabbing his arm.

"Nooo," He whined, trying to pull away from me.

"I will be a good Empire, join me!" I continued to urge.

"Noooo, let me go. I don't want to be in your empire!" Kiwi continued trying to pull away but I kept holding his arm.

"Aus, let go of your brother. You are too young to start an empire anyway," Neth said. I let go of Kiwi's arm.

"I will rule over you one day," I whispered to him.

"No!" Kiwi shouted, pushing my face away.

"Alright, stop fighting. And New Zealand, if you keep letting him get to you you will be taken over. You need to harden up instead of whining. No one will come and save you." Neth sighed.

Kiwi looked down at the ground. He seemed upset.

"I'll save you, Kiwi. If anyone hurts you I will be there to kick their butts!" I shouted proudly.

"That won't always be the case. It is more than likely that you two won't be fighting together in the future and it isn't right to rely on someone else for help. You have to be strong enough on your own," Neth sighed.

"No. Kiwi and I will always be together, forever and ever! No one will hurt my little bro!" I announced.

"Little? I'm pretty sure New Zealand isn't the little brother here,"

"Huh? Of course he is, he is smaller than me," I argued.

"He may be smaller, but New Zealand is older by a couple of years,"

"Really?!" New Zealand smiled.

"That's a lie!" I shouted in protest.

"Strangely no, I am telling the truth,"

"Yes! I'm the big brother!" New Zealand chuckled.

"Whatever, you are still a midget," I grumbled.

Kiwi spent the rest of the day bragging to me about how he was the oldest. I tried my best to get him to shut up, but he just wouldn't. When we finally got home, I sat down on the couch to watch some TV to drown out the sound of Kiwi's superiority complex. But as I was flicking through the channels, there was a knock on the door.

America's POV:

I had been having awful nightmares every night. It tortured me and no matter if I was awake or asleep. But I needed to make sure they weren't true. I managed to convince Spain to let me go see my brothers. Well, not Canada. Mom wouldn't pick up the phone

I knocked loudly on the door quite a few times. I was desperate to see them again. They needed to be okay. Netherlands opened the door and I quickly pushed past him and ran inside. At first I didn't see them, but they were sitting in the lounge, watching the TV.

"Aussie!! Zea!!" I shouted. I felt like breaking down in tears. The two of them looked over at me and ran over to give me a hug. I quickly embraced them and them close to me. I didn't want to let them go.

"Meri? What's wrong? You usually aren't this huggy," Aussie stated. I tried my best to hide my distress. When I let go of them, I grabbed Aussie's head and took off the hat he wore. The scar was still there and quite obvious.

There was no bleeding. He wasn't blind and he had no new scars on his face. I quickly checked his arms to make sure he was still okay. He seemed fine.

I moved onto Zea. Looking at his face and his arms. They were covered in bruises and burns. Just as I had feared. Zea tried to pull his arms away from me.

"What are you doing?!" Aussie asked.

"I just wanted to... I had a nightmare. Okay. I thought you guys were dead," I mumbled.

"Why were you checking our arms?" Zea asked.

"I wanted to make sure you weren't hurting yourself." I reasoned. I shouldn't have said that, because Aussie quickly snatched my arm and pushed up my sleeves. How rough he was ended up reopening a few cuts and they began bleeding again.

"America!? What the f#ck!? What would Canada think?!" Aussie shouted at me. I pulled my arm away from him and rolled down my sleeves.

"You weren't supposed to see that," I muttered.

"America, we are fine! What are you doing that for?!" Aussie was raising his voice.

"Please. Ignore what you saw and don't tell anyone," I mumbled.

"What? No! You really are an idiot! Canada will set you straight," Aussie started walking over to the landline.

"No! Please don't tell him," I begged.

"Kiwi, keep an eye on him while I call Canada," Aussie said to Zea. Zea nodded and held my hand while Aussie ran off to the land line.

Zea didn't seem to understand what was going on and just made sure to keep holding my hand.

"Why do you have all those bruises and burns on your arms?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"I would rather not remember that," He mumbled, hiding his arm behind his back.

"This isn't the first time you've done this, have you?" Zea asked.

I just looked down at the ground. I didn't want to think about it.