Missing

UK's POV:

I could hear Australia and New Zealand fighting upstairs over something. I was already feeling stressed and annoyed. I took a sip from my tea and tried to calm down. They kept arguing loudly and it was getting on my nerves.

I put my teacup down and tried to breathe calmly. Australia seemed to be able to start a fight with everyone. They wouldn't shut up for a second. I was starting to get a headache too. If only these stress headaches would stop, I might be able to control myself.

I picked up my teacup to get another sip. It was lukewarm now and I was not having it. I walked back to my office to find the painkillers to stop the headache. I had hidden them in my locked desk draw with the important documents I can't have people seeing.

I picked up the painkillers and swallowed two of the pills. I sat down and held my hand to my head waiting for the headache to stop. Australia and New Zealand were shouting at each other and it wasn't helping my situation. The painkillers weren't kicking in fast enough.

Their annoying yells made me snap. I stood up and started walking up the stairs slowly to be mindful of my headache. The closer I came to New Zealand's room the worse my headache became. I opened the door wide and shouted at them to stop.

The two boys did as I asked and stared at me in silence. I was so angry. Began to walk closer to them, but Australia stepped in the way of New Zealand protectively. I looked down at him and when his eyes met mine I could see him turn slightly paler. He didn't back off though. He was foolishly brave.

I let out a sigh trying my best to hold back my anger. Australia stood defensively while I could see New Zealand shaking behind him. I didn't want to hurt them, I just didn't know how long I could keep myself from doing it. I let out I a sigh and softened my gaze. The boys noticed and look slightly confused.

"You two should be more like your brother Canada, he hasn't said a word all afternoon," I sighed as I walked out of the room. The headache still wasn't going and I felt my eye twitch a little. I felt awful, almost sick. I tried to distract myself and check on the other two boys.

I opened Canada's bedroom and found that he wasn't there. It wasn't unusual though. America was downstairs watching tv, so maybe he knew where Canada was. I walked down the stairs with my headache still hurting. I looked around the living room and could on see America.

"Hey, America, do you know where Canada is?" I asked. America turned around and looked at me.

"Maybe he is in his room," He said.

"I just check, and he is not there," I said.

"Hmm, maybe he is in the toilet," America suggested. I nodded and went to check the bathroom. The door was wide open. Canada wasn't here!

Kazakstan's POV:

I sat quietly and waited for Ukraine to come back and finish the card game. Belarus came back inside and sat down next to me.

"What is he doing?" I asked Bela.

"I, uh, found a new patch of flowers growing in the garden," She replied. It sounded like a shifty lie but I believed her.

"So, he is going to make flower crowns again? He will be at it for a while like always," I sighed.

"I can play with you!" Bela said picking up Uki's cards and studied them.

"What are we play?" She asked.

"Go fish," I said. We played several rounds and I won a few, but she won most of them. She always celebrated quietly when she won. She was the only positive person in this house. Bela was the nicest out of all of us.

Russia walked into the room and looked at us. Bela waved at him and he just nodded back. Russia was quite cold but he still cared for us being the oldest. He walked into the kitchen where our father lay unconscious in front of the fridge.

I wish he would stop getting drunk. Half the time he isn't conscious to be our father and when he is, I wish he wasn't so angry all the time. He scared me, a lot. Russia ran back into the room looking frantic.

"He is waking up!" He said nervously. I knew the drill. Bela and I packed away the cards. Russia was running around the house making sure everyone was aware. Suddenly, I heard Papa's gruff voice come from the kitchen.

He spoke in a drunken slur but we all knew what to do. Every one of us lined up in the lounge and waited. Russia started counting all of us and when he finished counting his eyes widened and he counted again. We could hear Papa getting up off the ground and stumbling towards us.

He looked awful. I guess that is what drinking does to you. I looked at the ground as tried to ignore Papa stumbling down the line counting just as Russia had done. I soon realised what scared Russia. Ukraine wasn't here.

I started shaking nervously. Papa noticed and stood in front of me. I could feel him looking down at me.

"Look up!" He demanded in a slurred tone. I did as he commanded.

"Y-yes?" I asked. Was shaking uncontrollably.

"What are you scared about?" He asked. 

"N-nothing, I-I'm just hungry," I said quietly, hoping the excuse worked.

"No dinner for you tonight," He said darkly. I put my head down sadly. Papa stepped away from me and started counting again. I could see the anger in his eyes when he realised someone was missing. He was still too drunk to think who it was. He stumbled for a bit until he stood in front of Russia.

"Who is it?!" Papa shouted at him. Russia was protective of us so he stayed quiet.

"TELL ME!" Papa shouted as he pushed Russia violently to the ground. Papa continued to beat Russia, but Russia still refused to speak. I couldn't handle seeing my brother being hurt.

"It's Ukraine!" I shouted. Papa stopped hurting Russia and walked over to me.

"Where. Is. He?"