139

Waking up this morning was slow, usually Aaron would get up around 9, even if he didn't have anything scheduled, but he stayed.

I woke up a few times as I usually did, taking note of the light and then going back to sleep. I was well rested, so didn't really need to keep on sleeping, but felt too relaxed to want to get up.

I vaguely remember grabbing Aaron's arm when he tried to move at some point, and hugging it stubbornly. I'm pretty sure he chuckled before gently saying something and kissing my temple.

Eventually I couldn't get back to sleep even if I tried. I didn't move though, just stayed still, smiling as I felt Aaron's fingers absentmindedly stroking my side.

I eventually sighed, readjusting my position and he leaned over my shoulder, playfully wrapping his arm around my waist. "How long are you going to laze around in bed?" He asked into my ear and I chuckled.

"How long are you?"

"Well I'm being held hostage." He excused and I tssked.

"What are you being threatened with exactly?" I asked, turning over to face him.

"Your incoherent mumbles of complaint mostly." He said and I snorted.

"I'm plenty coherent now." I raised a brow.

"Okay, then I'm free." He said, starting to get up and I immediately grabbed him making noises of complaint. "Riley."

"I have not released you!" I stated and he chuckled.

"It's nearly 10.30."

"Key word being nearly." I pointed out as I clung onto his arm.

"Sure." He sighed, lying back down and I smiled at him brightly.

He eventually raised a brow, then chuckled. "What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing in particular." I chuckled, kissing him on the cheek. He frowned in confusion, tilting his head a little.

"Are you in a funny mood again?"

"Wow ruuddee. What if that's my normal mood?"

"God help me if that's the case." He teased and I pulled my tongue out at him.

"It's too late to turn religious now, you're stuck with me." I joked, and he smiled at me warmly. "What?" I wondered when he didn't respond and he leaned forward and kissed me.

I blinked for a few moments before smiling. "You don't surprise me when you do that anymore."

"Yet you've gone just as red as usual." He quirked a brow and I frowned.

"Lies."

"Don't worry, it makes you extra cute." He commented and I made a face. "That doesn't." He complained and I chuckled.

I stifled a yawn before turning and looking out the window. The sun was out, and it didn't look too unappetising.

I flopped back down on the pillow. "Five more minutes."

"Sure. Just five."

"Did I say five? I meant thirty."

"Riley."

"Hrmph." I mumbled into the pillow.

He didn't say anything else, but eventually shuffled closer, pulling me against him slightly and resting his cheek on the top of my head.

Um, this is cute.

I didn't react much, just adjusted slightly and closed my eyes as I leaned into his chest.