Chapter nine

Beep, beep, beep, beep beep, beep, beep, beep beep, beep, beep, beep beep, beep, beep, beep.

What the fuck is that?!

I groaned in irritation as I began to wake up. I was definitely lying in a bed and....damn it, I was definitely not wearing the clothes I was before. I opened my eyes to realize there was this big plastic blob obscuring most of my view. A breathing mask..

I took in a deep breath, butterflies rising in my stomach and then coughed. There was a sudden movement next to me and Luca came into the small view I had. 

"Fucking hell, thank hell you're awake" he sighed in relief as he put his hand on my head. Language! And why would you thank hell, are you saying something about me! huh?

I then realized there was something else touching my head, wires, wow, I bet that's an attractive look. Wires from both sides of your head is the new style, you know?

Please don't tell me I've got one on my arm, damn, I've got wires in my arms..Could this get any worse.

At least the ones on my head haven't got a needle on the end of them....darn that would hurt..

"Riley?" Luca said and I looked at him. He smiled happily and I noticed he had dark bags under his eyes. 

I winced in sympathy and he frowned. "Sorry" I said very croakily and decided not to talk again.

He laughed a bit and shook his head. "It's alright, I think you had an excuse for acting like that" he said, guessing I was talking about....I looked out the window....Last night maybe?

I recalled it and frowned, jeez thanks for reminding me about that. I love acting like a dickhead.

Someone suddenly burst through a door from the corner of the room, their fast pace made me guess a staff member.

Luca looked to the end of the room and followed the person with his eyes as he, i think, checked the equipment. 

"Nothing life threatening to report, and the scan results came back, i'll tell you about it later, you might want to let Riley rest for now, but either you can wake him up every hour, or I can get a staff member to" a different doctor said in a dull tone. 

"I'll stay here" Luca replied and started stroking my hair. Jeez, he's worse than my mother, that's not actually saying much but I'm not used to someone being worried about me.

Seriously I don't feel like sleeping though...

One of the wires in my arm gave me a sudden irritation and I started to feel drowsy again. Oh.....Pain killer.

I saw Luca's worried face staring at me as I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

I hope he doesn't continue to do that, making me self conscious .

--

"-Danger of not waking up each time" I heard  someone say as I became conscious again. I kept my eyes closed and listened curiously.

"Yes, I know, I'm studying it at the moment actually" Luca sighed stressful. "oh, so you know how serious it could be?" a intrigued voice questioned him. 

"Yes, but at the moment i think he'll be fine, am I wrong?" he asked a little bit more energetic than before.

"If he continues to wake up until he stabilizes, yes" who i am guessing to be the doctor replied.

I'm pretty sure they are talking about me, and, now I definitely don't want to go back to sleep again. I tell myself that but start to feel drowsy again.