Chapter 11

"Luca....Luuuuuuuca.....Lucaaaaaa" I heard someone whisper shout as I woke up. A weight on my head lifted and somebody groaned sleepily next to my ear. Luca.

"Wh-what?" he asked and the person huffed.

"What are you doing? Getting a little too close don't you think?" Nate snapped and Luca moved even more beneath me.

"Not really, I accidentally fell asleep" he explained and stroked my hair.

"Riley" Nate snapped at me and I opened my eyes.

"Nathan" Luca growled as I winced at the light. 

I looked at Nate, who was angrily glaring at Luca, who was getting up off of the sofa and placing me on the cold material. 

Even more awake, I sat up and noticed my head didn't really hurt as much anymore. But I felt extremely drowsy.

"He's not supposed to be awake Nathan, the pill hasn't worn off" Luca said as he frowned at the clock above a bookshelf in the small room. 

Nate crossed his arms and glared at Luca. I tried to think of something to say, but to be honest, I wasn't exactly feeling up to it.

"Are you okay Riley?" Luca asked, ignoring the fuming Nate. I nodded silently and attempted to stand up, but then  thought better of it. 

"You don't look it" he commented and I blinked sleepily at him. Nate was now looking at me and luca glanced at him.

"Nathan , please go do something else" he said and Nate scoffed. 

"No way, you might do something bad" he said and I raised a brow.

"Don't worry about it Riley. Nathan is being immature. He was just leaving" he said then glared at Nate. I shook my head and smiled at them, not understanding but not caring.

"Chance, Luca looks a bit worn out, do you want to take over watching Riley, you know first aid right?" Nate smiled out of the door and a confused Chance walked in.

"...No...I don't know first aid, at least not that kind of first aid"  he raised a brow at Nate and he huffed. 

"Nathan, stop being an immature brat and leave Riley alone!" Luca snapped and I blinked, the noise echoing in my head, which was trying to shut down again but it was too noisy.

Chance smiled and chuckled quietly before making his escape and Nate silently walked out, definitely fuming.

"Sorry Riley, just a few more hours to go and it'll be tomorrow" he reassured and yawned. I looked out the window and saw it was pitch black outside. 

I closed my eyes for a second, and that turned into a minute, I just couldn't be arsed to open them. I heard Luca chuckle and arms wrapped around my shoulders.

"Lie down Riley, it's unhealthy to stay awake like this" he told me and I let him push me back down onto the sofa. I didn't hit the back of the sofa, just Luca and he rested my legs along the sofa, so he was resting on the back of the sofa and I was lying infront.

I had to admit he was getting a little too close for me to ignore it but by then I was already falling asleep.

--

When I woke up in the morning, Luca's arm was around my waist. Um........Awkward.... I thought, not feeling drowsy now and fully aware of how this looked. I turned my head to see Luca's head resting on my shoulder and sighed. I slowly got his arm and gently moved it back to his side while cringing. 

A quiet chuckle sounded from the door and I looked to see Caleb watching me with an amused expression.

I blushed from embarrassment but tried to ignore it while I figured out how to get out from underneath Luca's head.

"Umm....Help?" I asked when I found I couldn't do it and he rolled his eyes as he walked over to me. 

He slowly got his hand underneath Luca's head and I slipped out. When I turned around he'd placed Luca's head on the arm and was chuckling to himself. 

I stood up and looked at the clock. Nine o'clock. Either they were planning for me not to go to school....or they...saw me and decided not to wake me...I hope it was the first one.

Wait what's Caleb doing here? I looked back to see Caleb staring at me with his arms folded. 

"I think my siblings really like you, why is that?" he asked and I blinked. 

"Um......." I replied, having no idea myself. "I see" he smirked and looked back at Luca.

"Don't want to get you in trouble, but I think Luca should rest a bit longer, I'm sure you won't suddenly die so there's no point him watching you in my opinion" he said, the longest sentence i had ever heard from him and I nodded, not knowing what else to do.

"Are you gay?" he suddenly asked and I looked at him wide eyed. He just blinked blankly back and I started laughing. He's not antisocial he just doesn't have any social skills. 

"Dude, you don't just suddenly ask people that" I said and he looked confused.

"Why not?" he asked and I wanted to facepalm.

"Because it's a very personal question and can offend some people, you might get a punch as an answer" I explained and he O'd silently.

"Sorry then" he said and I smiled at him.

"Why are you here anyway?" I asked and he looked at me suspiciously before answering.

"I have been excluded for today, they forgot that and didn't organize anyone to be home, but now you and Luca are, he's missing a important lesson I think" Caleb frowned and I felt guilty. 

"So you get along with Luca?" I asked and he nodded.

"He's mature and doesn't annoy me ....or think I kill things in my spare time...." he explained. Oh, don't like to think I annoy people...am I immature? 

Maybe he meant he's mature so doesn't annoy him, maybe not, I don't know, just got to hope I don't annoy him. 

"You didn't kill my bird" I said, hoping I was right. He looked confused for a second then smiled.

"The falcon? I thought it was a little friendly, what's its name then?" he asked and smiled.

"Anatara or Ana" I replied.

"Pretty, I like birds, and animals actually, they don't tend to judge you like humans" he looked gloomy as he said that.

"So you like riding then?" I asked and he nodded enthusiastically.

 "I normally scare them when I have a mood swing though, don't want to hurt them but I can't control it" he sighed. 

Oh....Bipolar?

"Wait, do you ride then?" he asked looking hopeful and I nodded.

"A lot?" he asked and I nodded again.

"Well, I used to, when I had my own horse" I sighed and he looked thoughtful.

"So you went cross country sometimes?" he asked with a gleam in his eyes and I smiled.

"Most of the time, I liked it better" I replied, wondering where he was going. 

"How high?" he questioned and I blinked. "The jumps, how high" he frowned when I didn't answer.

"Oh, um....well....I never didn't go over a jump, they did go pretty high sometimes, but I didn't really pay attention" I explained and he narrowed his eyes. 

"Oh really , you think you'd stand a chance in a race then?" he smirked.

"Is that a challenge?" I asked and he smiled deviously.

"Fancy a ride? No one else will go with me and the people I do get along with can't ride that well" he asked and I smiled. "

Your horses can do crosscountry???" I asked , surprised; I thought they were just spoiled young horses.

"Don't know about the others but the ones I ride can, they are a bit moody though, like me I guess" he explained and I shrugged.

"Learned to ride on ex racehorses, I think i'm prepared" I said and he beamed at me before grabbing my hand and pulling me along. 

Okay then...