31

After a while of contemplation I decided it would be best if I at least texted Luca. I would have preferred  to have texted someone who is mature enough to just accept the situation but Luca was my only contact at the moment. 

Hey, I'm staying over at a friends house tonight so see you later, sorry for the short notice.

I put my phone away and smiled anxiously at Erin as we stood outside his house. 

I hadn't met his foster parents yet and wasn't a fan of meeting new people...and then staying over at their house...

Erin had asked beforehand of course, and said Clara, his foster mother, was perfectly fine with it.

He also warned me about her hyper  activity, and said Clive, his foster dad, was at work tonight. 

Clara and Clive, ha.

I ignored the buzzing phone in my pocket as he opened the door and I sighed anxiously before walking in.

"Clara! Come and meet Riley! But don't overwhelm him he's shy" Erin shouted and I scoffed.

"I am not shy" I stated as a blonde lady with averagely layered make up on came running into the room with an excited expression.

"OMG!! You are adorable!! It is so nice to meet you!" she practically squealed and I blinked at her.

Okkayy...wait, adorable?! That was NOT my intention!

 Erin started chuckling and I gave him a look when Clara was busy explaining about how she was not expecting a visitor and the house was untidy.

"Well you boys are going to have to get yourselves something to eat, as I am heading out to meet Clive for a meal out, don't burn the house down, and also don't do anything I wouldn't do!" she said happily and walked to the kitchen table that was connected to the hallway. 

She picked up her keys and walked back over to us.

"That includes gay sex m'kay" she winked and my jaw dropped as she closed the door.

"Um.......s-sorry.........she's a bit ....obnoxious..." he said awkwardly while rubbing the back of his neck and I smirked.

"She has character...I can tell you that............er..she doesn't think...we're-"

"-Oh no no no, I made that perfectly clear, I mean she wouldn't stop questioning me when I told her you were gay, my bad by the way" he explained with a red face and I smiled at him.

"Obviously your sexuality is questionable too then so no biggie" I said and he gave me a look.

He can't hide his gay side from me, that bitch at least likes guys i am telling you. I have a gaydar too you know. 

"Come on" he encouraged when I didn't follow him to the stairs and I rolled my eyes before walking after him.

Okay maybe I'm not 100% sure, but still.

The house was reasonably big and modern, you could tell it was bought for a big family...that didn't seem to have happened though...wonder what the story behind that is...

He walked up another set of stairs to get to a lonely floor, with only one door at the end of it and a railing looking over a drop to the living room to the side.

I looked over the railing and observed the cultured looking living room. It seemed like it was filled with furniture and souvenirs from Thailand or something...maybe they traveled. 

His room was actually surprisingly small, and I wondered why he didn't have a room in one of the multiple spare rooms i noticed downstairs.

It had blue wallpaper but was only filled with drawings of some kind, and had a bed and a tv, set out so the bed must have been his seat, classic.

"I like it away from everyone and having a smaller room if you were wondering" he explained before I asked and I smiled in response. 

"Cosy, I like it" I reassured and he smiled before sighing and collapsing onto his bed.

"Well, I don't know what we'd do, as I normally just draw and things" he explained and I looked around the room again to notice an easel and a desk in the corner.

Wow...maybe i shouldn't have dissed art the other day...he seems to like it.

"Well.. I can sit here like a creeper, while you do your usual thing of drawing" I said and sat down next to him.

He gave me look in which I smiled in response before rolling his eyes and picking up the TV remote switching it on on some random channel before picking up his sketch pad and shuffling so his back was against the wall on his bed.

I gave him a questioning look and motioned to the TV and he just looked back to his drawing.

"Background noise helps me think" he explained and I blinked in confusion.

Okay...does the opposite for me...

After a while of just sitting there, mainly because what appeared to be Russian news was one the telly, don't even want to know, I sighed before sitting back against the wall too.

Erin moved the sketchbook out of my view when I glanced at him and I raised a brow.

"Don't look at an unfinished piece" he said and I rolled my eyes.

I took my phone out a few minutes later and look to see a few missed calls and messages.

Luca: What!? Erin's?! 

Luca: You better not be at Erin's house!

Luca: I'll find that house Riley! Don't underestimate me! 

The rest were missed calls and the same messages over and over again and I sighed.

Hey, Erin isn't my only friend you know I texted simply back and put my phone away.

He isn't! I made friends with their friends....and...no other guy friends...just a bunch of girls....allot of girls actually....but what can i say, they were friendly!

"Where are you from exactly?" Erin suddenly asked and I glanced at him to see him still looking at his sketchpad.

"Er.....Britain." I replied and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Where abouts though?" he asked and I sighed.

"You first." I said with a smile and he gave me a look.

"New York mostly" he replied eventually and raised my brows.

"Really? Nice." I said and he looked away from his sketch and stared at me.

"....England" I eventually said awkwardly and he huffed.

"You're annoying" he said and I scoffed. 

"I try" I teased while fake looking proud of myself. 

"Done, you prepared to see this amazing portrait of a moose i did?" Erin asked after a while and I have him a questioning frown.

His tone seemed teasing...

"Sure....Go ahead" I said unsurely and he turned it around to show me a portrait of what i recognised to be myself.

"Holy shit fuck, that moose is messed up" I said with wide eyes and he smiled. 

"But seriously that's amazing, and really mean" I said in awe then pouted, causing him to laugh. 

"Yeah, but there is a resemblance don't you think" he teased and I hit him on the shoulder.

"Whatever man, I'm fabulous" I huffed and he chuckled. 

The rest of the night was spent asking each other strange questions then him playing on the x-box with me...attempting..to play on it. 

They're pointless!! Kay!

Don't judge.