57

I only got annoyed looks from two other people, Chester and Chance, as I made my way back to my room, but I'm pretty sure they hadn't seen where I'd come from, so they were just being suspicious little...anyway. Mind you, Chester was just giving me his morning face, I think I know him enough to say he probably doesn't care what I get up to, unless he's getting as bitchy as everyone else is now too.

That would be just great.

I sighed and sat on the side of my bed, I was tired and the stress was really getting to me, surprised I slept at all really. Maybe I have Alex to thank for that.

I knew I wasn't going to go back to sleep any time soon, so just walked into my en-suite to have a shower. I glared at my reflection in the mirror as I took my clothes off. I had slight discolouration around my eyes, which I knew would turn into bags if I didn't start sleeping better soon.

I also was able to easily realise that I was getting extremely irritable, that patience in which I valued most among my traits was becoming thin. Just hoped I didn't start turning in to a moody sassy bitch.

...It could happen, trust me.

After I had had my shower I put a towel round my wait and walked out, jumping then glaring at someone who was annoyingly fiddling with my bed side clock in my room.

"You weren't in here last night" Aaron stated as he seemed to fiddle with no goal in particular, other then to have something to stare at.

"Why do you know that?" I asked in an accusing tone and he just looked up at me flatly.

"Well, firstly, your door was open." he explained and I narrowed my eyes.

"Was it? It was closed earlier" I pointed out with a raised brow and he sighed, slamming the clock down and making me jump.

"Because I closed it, I thought me knowing would be enough punishment for you" he explained and I scoffed at him, crossing my arms.

"I was doing anything bad, or anything you wouldn't approve of, which is totally different to something bad if I may add" I defended and he narrowed his eyes at me as he approached.

"What were you doing then?" he questioned and I sighed at him.

"Playing video games with Alex, I must've fallen asleep at some point." I admitted truthfully, hoping that wouldn't somehow get Alex in trouble.

He stared at me sceptically for a moment and I sighed.

"I swear." I persisted and he seemed to at least decide to give it a rest.

"Can you put something on?" he asked after frowning at my chest for a few moments and I smirked.

I untucked the towel from my waist and he looked away sharply.

"Riley!" he growled, seriously not amused.

"What? I'm just getting changed" I excused innocently and he huffed before turning around and practically storming out, making me chuckle as I went to get some clean briefs from the drawer.

-

Erin looked really tired today, like, really. He hardly talked and his pale complexion got me worried, he looked like he was about to be sick. He didn't even argue with Alex during maths, and that is saying something.

He probably caught a bug, or something. Something has always been off with him, with his hospital visits and everything, but he seemed at least okay yesterday...

We talk a little bit, but I really wanted to check up on him, I was worried. And not having a phone was seriously pissing me off.

"You okay? You look worried..." Hunter asked me during Physics, and I just smiled at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reassured and he gave me a flat look.

"You know, when you say 'I'm fine', its always when you're definitely NOT fine" he complained and I shook my head.

"I'm fine, I'm just worrying about somebody else" I admitted honestly and he made a face.

"That makes me uncomfortable" he stated and I raised a brow at him.

"Just being honest!" he said with raised brows and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm tired" I commented after a few minutes and rubbed my face with my hands.

"You look it" Hunter replied making me groan.

This day was going so slowly, and I constantly had an edgy sickening feeling in my stomach, accompanied by a dull ache in my brain, sleeping would be really nice right now.

I was hardly listening to what was being taught, and it was honestly really frustrating, even though I am not the most serious of students, I still want to pass.

Only one more day left of term you can do this Riley.

I was relieved when the bell finally rang for the end of the school day, but instead of meeting up with everyone else like I usually did I went off to find Erin.

When I finally reached where his last class was, he was still standing only a few metres away from it, looking down at the floor gloomily.

"Erin" I called when I reached him and he snapped his head up, smiling when he saw me.

"Hey, Riley, what's up?" he asked politely and I just frowned at him in concern.

"Just wanted to check up on you" I explained and he frowned.

"Why? I'm fine" he reassured and I just looked at him flatly.

"You think I'm blind or something? I can tell something's bothering you, that and you don't look so well" I stated and he looked at the ground with an awkward smile.

"Yeah...I'm not doing so great, but it's nothing you need to worry yourself about" he admitted after several moments of silence.

"Erin" I pleaded and grabbed his hand, making him stare down at it with wide eyes.

"Why won't you tell me?" I asked quietly and he looked away from me, trying to pull his hand away but I squeezed it tighter.

"I'm fine Riley, just a bit ill today, I'm sure it'll be better by tomorrow" he eventually spoke and I sighed.

"Are you sure?" I asked as he turned back to me, and he gave a small smile.

"Thank you for worrying anyway Riley, you're really sweet" he thanked and I raised a brow at him.

"I'm you're friend Erin, it's my job to worry about you" I smiled and he smirked.

"Yeah, you're a good friend" he mumbled before hugging me gently and I frowned.

"You get some rest, okay?" I asked and heard him snicker.

"I will , mom" he teased as he pulled away and I gave him a look as he turned away.

"See you tomorrow mom!" he called back and I rolled my eyes.

"Why is it, whenever you wonder off, I always find you hugging that boy" Hunter's voice sounded from behind me and I spun around to see him and Zac with their arms crossed looking at me.

"We're all waiting for you" Zac stated and I smiled awkwardly.

"Sorry, had to check something" I explained before walking up to them and Zac gave me a look as he turned round.

"Sure."