112

Literally been on the last few paragraphs for a week, but the new year has been so fuckin busy my gods people.

Anyway not proof read because nowadays that's just how my lazy ass rolls m'kay.

--

"Riley!!" A loud voice and a bang woke me up with a start the next day, and I practically jumped out of the bathtub.

I took a few moments to work out where the hell I even was, and the banging continued.

"Why is the door locked??" Chance's voice demanded from outside of my room.

"Oh, shit, hang on a sec!" I called before unlocking the bathroom door and the main door to my room.

Chance looked around the room then at me, blinking in confusion.

"Why...why are you...what?" He frowned and I just smiled.

"What's wrong?"

"...Don't lock the door, it makes me worry." He said and I bit my lip.

"Sorry, I'll make sure to tell you next time."

"...You're in the same clothes as yesterday." He pointed out. "And where are your bedsheets?"

"Oh, I forgot to get undressed, tired, you know...." I clicked my tongue. "What did you want?"

He sighed at me. "Um, your mother should be arriving soon, I thought you might want a warning."

"Oh. Great..."

"Yeah, how about you have a shower and get changed into clean clothes?"

"Yep, will do." I sighed before turning around, and he stayed at the doorway for a few more moments before leaving.

Great...

-

I went downstairs as soon as I had showered and changed. Only a few brothers were up, I'm guessing Chance only succeeded in raising a few people from their lie ins.

I avoided most of them, and just sat in the living room with Caleb.

He seemed to be doing homework, which was commendable, really.

The sound of tires on the gravel outside made my stomach leap, and Caleb look up from his work.

He frowned. "It's a shame, but I really don't want to see my father." He chuckled, and I sighed.

"Parents suck."

A few moments later the door banged open obnoxiously. "Where is he!?" A feminine voice demanded and I rolled my eyes.

Of course she chooses the angry reaction.

I wasn't exactly hiding, and she spotted me a second later, approaching with such a fury that it took all I had not to leg it out of there.

I stood up and crossed my arms as she glared at me. She looked to Caleb, then to Luca who'd followed her, before putting on a smile.

Of course, she couldn't have even her new husband's children slightly suspecting she was anything but an innocent loving wife. So she had to put on the nice act.

"Aha, Riley, my boy. So glad you're safe." She said awkwardly, before making me flinch when she suddenly grabbed me in a hug.

What the fuck...

I cringed at the strong smell of perfume, and she gripped my shoulders aggressively when she pulled back.

Ow...