76

Alex started to become more hyper as we made our way back to the manor, he now wouldn't shut up for even a minute.

When we finally got back I knew it would be a bad idea to keep him inside, so I asked Layla, who must have gotten back before us, if we could go out riding instead of just seeing the horses.

She agreed and we helped her tack Ziathe and Jess up, as Noah was in the middle of being washed. It takes a really long time for that hairy monster to be washed properly, and he always gets himself super grass stained and muddy straight after.

We warmed up and readjusted for a little while before deciding to make it a little more interesting and take all of the tack off.  The horses behaved surprisingly well and were very sensitive to my messages, so I thought riding bareback would be okay.

I may have nearly ran Patty over when running around in her field though, poor thing has been through enough.

We eventually got bored of the field, and ventured outside of the fence and around the manor grounds.

Despite evening drawing in it was still surprisingly warm, which was good because I still just had my t-shirt on.

I shouldn't be riding with these tight jeans though, getting a bit sore and stiff.

"Why don't we see who can get around the whole manor fast enough?" Alex suggested and I smirked.

"You don't know your way around, you'd get lost." I reminded him and he shrugged.

"Lets do a practice lap then!" He persisted and I sighed.

"Sure" I gave in before asking Jess to trot on the gravel driveway.

Alex followed and we made our way around the side of the building.

"You have a POOL?!" Alex exclaimed when we  reached the back and made Ziathe jump slightly.

"Yeah, how did you not notice that?"

"Well it is inside, you don't just assume a glass extension is for a pool, I thought it was just a large conservatory or something!"

"Right..."

"I need to explore this place more!"

We circled around the pool before travelling through a rather busy garden filled with lots of flower patches and small bushes.

Jess obviously didn't travel around here often, and pricked her ears and snorted at the unfamiliar objects.

It was when she started jumping over small objects on the ground that I realised going to new places without tack on was a bad idea.

"Er Riley, somebody is going to have to get off and move that." Alex suggested when we came up to the exit, which was blocked by a wheelbarrow.

"Nah, it'll be fine." I brushed him off before kicking her on and asking her to jump it.

"Riley!!" He called after me as she leaped over it, and I was nearly unbalanced when she bucked after she landed.

I had obviously excited her, as she now wouldn't stay still.

"I can't believe you did that! I didn't even know you could jump!"

"What? Of course I can!"

"I'm sorry I thought you were just a casual rider!"

"Huh? I used to compete on that horse you are riding!" I exclaimed and he looked down at Ziathe with a surprised expression.

"He can jump?"