87

I woke up in the morning feeling like shit. I had woken twice during the night, once to go check the office again, and of course, Matias was still in there.

The other time I was woken by Erin calling me, which was a surprise, cause I had changed my number since the last time he called, only because Charlie forced a new phone on me, I wasn't avoiding Erin THAT much.

He also didn't seem to realise that America has different time zones.

I didn't pick up his call, be he texted afterwards and I replied to that. Kind of didn't have the balls to talk to him through anything other than text right now. He said he was doing fine, was just worried about me, which made me feel worse.

I told him I was nearly done, but had run into some trouble with the family which was making things more complicated.

I sighed in complaint multiple times as I got ready before sneaking downstairs and sitting in an empty living room quietly to avoid any loud noises.

Ughh, I have to go find Charlie.

"Coffee?" A voice nearly made me jump, and I looked up to see Aaron smiling at me.

"Uh I can't drink- wait..." I started automatically saying but paused. "What's in that?" I asked as I looked at his coffee mug, filled with really pale coffee.

"Oat milk." He explained and I tilted my head.

"Oh, well, you have your coffee seriously weak, can't handle the flavour?" I teased and he shrugged at me.

"I also have like 4 sugar cubes, problem?" He retorted as he sat next to me and I chuckled.

"That's...impressive."

"Keeps me sweet and sappy." He joked and I just quirked my brow.

"I like your hair." I commented which made him immediately blush. He still had his hair tied up like I had suggested, cute.

I smiled at him as he awkwardly found the doorway interesting to stare at, before noticing Charlie storm past it.

Damn, he's going out already?

I watched out of the window to see him rushing to a car in an expensive looking suit, talking on a phone while holding a bunch of files in the other hand.

"Do you get along with your father?" Aaron asked as he noticed me watching him, and I smirked.

"Nope."

"You wouldn't be very happy if you had to stay here then?"

"I wouldn't, I'd move out, I don't know if I'd enjoy having to live in England for a while though."

"You'd lose all of your inheritance because you dislike your father? I mean, the house is big enough for you to avoid him."

"...They're dangerous." I said quietly and he frowned.

"'They're?' Oh, you don't like Matias as well?"

"No, not really."

"I don't know him, so I can't say anything. But I'll keep that in mind." He smiled warmly and I smiled in response.

It was then quiet for a little bit while he drank his coffee, which was fine with me, I love the quiet.

"YO!" Alex stormed in making me chuckle at the irony as Aaron gave him a look.

"You coming into town with us?" He asked while squishing my neck in a hug from behind the sofa.

"What?"

Conflicted (Boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें