chapter 34

Today I felt really tired, and everyone was so happy and jumpy. It was exhausting just being in their presence, honestly.

Now even after school these guys are saying they have clubs to go to and things to do. These people don't have the lazy gene do they.

This also means I am left with Chester, Hunter and Caleb. But Hunter is going on a long walk and I couldn't tag along because of my ankle. And Caleb is going riding and I couldn't go with him....because of my ankle.

So now I am leaning against the wall and sulking as I watch the horses in the stable stalls call and neigh to each other.

I know Chester is here somewhere, might be awkward if I run into him though.

I heard commotion inside and peered round the corner just as Chester burst through the door.

Seriously.

"Right I have to go into work and I don't trust you to be on your own so you're coming with me" he said sternly and disappeared back into the building.

"What? I don't want to go into the city! CHESTER!" I walked after him but he ignored me.

"You're coming with me now hurry up" is all he said while finding his car keys and I huffed.

Great, adventure.

-----

"This is hell" I complained while staring out the window of the car, maybe it could've counted as glaring as I seriously hated the traffic around me, causing loud beeping and constant sounds of engines.

I hate noise.

Chester just smirked at my complaint as we navigated the mass amount of cars extremely slowly.

I hate going into cities, so much.

An hour later I'm standing awkwardly in an office building as Chester argued with a receptionist, I think it's his receptionist actually.

Me feeling out of place was definitely an understatement, as everyone else apart from me was wearing suits and nicely dressed.

Then there's just me, wearing jeans and a hoodie.

Rockin it.

I smiled at a young man that was sitting next to the receptionist, he seemed like he was a apprentice or something. He's pretty cute, with mousy hair and blue eyes.

He smiled back and winked making me widen my eyes and snicker in pleasant surprise.

This could get interesting.

"Are you his boyfriend or something?" he said as he walked up to me, ignoring the argument like it was a common occurrence.

I smirked and shook my head.

"No,  he's my step brother..kind of" I explained and he smiled.

"He always like that?" he then asked and I sighed as I watched the heated argument.

"Well he doesn't smile allot, let's just say that" I said as my attention returned to the man and he smirked.

"Smiling? I was wondering if he ever stopped shouting" he commented and I chuckled.

Chester huffing loudly brought my attention back to him and he sternly told me to stay there before storming off down the hall.

"Peace at last" I say and both the receptionist and the man chuckled.

"What's your name? I'm Joe" the young man said as he smiled brightly.

"Riley, you an apprentice or something?" I asked and he sighed.