140

I have a little brain fog issue right now that makes coherent writing hard, so if you see an error or a sentence that doesn't make sense, kindly point it out, thanks!

-

The ride to the animal sanctuary was pretty quiet. Think we both just needed to recharge. It wasn't an awkward silence or anything, he did say a few things, but not enough to hold a conversation.

I was feeling a bit socially drained from his wild group of friends. Not sure how he handles them.

Guessing that's why he's usually silent around them? Still confused about that, I've never noticed him being quiet around me and his brothers.

Well if that's the way he likes it then whatever.

"You alright Sunshine?" Aaron's voice brought me out of a daydream and I looked at him.

Oh, we're here.

"Sorry, lost in thought." I excused as I hopped out.

I looked up and the nearly cloudless sky with a smile. Lovely day...

Nothing like the warm sun on your skin and a refreshing breeze to make you feel happier.

"Hopefully it doesn't get too hot." Aaron commented as he approached me, then offered his hand.

I blinked at it in confusion for a moment, and the smiled, my cheeks going red. I took it before he noticed my bashful reaction, but he wasn't paying attention to that anyway.

Oh god, get a hold of yourself.

Agh but he's so casual about it I'm not used to it.

"You might have to interact with a few people today, we're moving the calves into the creek paddock." He warned after opening the staff gate and I sighed.

"I'm not that anti social." I chuckled.

"Okay but you did just look like I told you to do a bunch of chores." He smiled.

"Well as long as they're not as energetic as your college friends, I can only take one of those experiences a day."

"Not as a group, and they'll also be busy, it'll be fine." He reassured, and I pouted down at the guinea pigs as we passed them without stopping.

"So there are a few like that?"

"Isn't there always?" He smirked. "The people around here tend to be very happy and excited."

"Who wouldn't be, around animals all day...but even when shovelling shit?" I raised a brow.

"Some enjoy manure ball fights so yeah." He chuckled at what must be a bizarre memory and I gave him a look.

"Not sure I'm up for that, not going to lie."

"Don't worry, I think that was a one off event."

"... Please tell me you didn't start that?" I asked in concern and he laughed.

"No! I did not take part."

"Oh, okay." I smiled in relief and he chuckled at me.

"It's not that bad."

"Full disclosure, throw shit at me and I'll cut you, comprender?" I threatened semi seriously.

"Entendido." He nodded and chuckled again.

I narrowed my eyes at him and he smiled. "I promise!" He reassured, letting go of my hand as two ladies approached us from the front of the calf shed.

Hm, it's the one from last time.

"Aaron! You brought your mysterious stranger again! Ooh.. with new battle scars." The lady exclaimed excitedly, then frowned at my eyes.