56

"You've played this before" Alex concluded after I'd beaten him for the third time on this world war 2 game and I smiled a him.

"Yes, yes I have" I admitted and he pouted.

We started this game sitting upright on the edge of his bed, but as time went on we kind of morphed into laying on the bed lazily, what can I say.

"You said you weren't any good at playing games" he complained and I chuckled.

"I've played games before, I don't live in a cave or something. Even the most stereotypical girly girls have played video games at least once before" I explained and he made a sulky face.

"I'm also way more organised and patient then you, hence easily beating you" I added and he hit me.

"Lies, you cheated!" he unfairly accused and I just smirked.

"If that makes you feel better" I teased and he moodily glared at the screen.

"Question, what time is it?" he asked as he fiddled around with the games menu and I sighed.

"I don't know, I don't have a phone why don't you look?" I suggested and he snickered.

"Sucks for you" he commented as he got his phone out.

"Oops, 12.46" he noted out loud and I groaned.

Alex got off of the bed and seemed to be fiddling around the tv again, I sighed and watched him as I rested my chin on my folded arms.

"What are you doing?" I eventually asked he beamed at me as he returned and jumped onto the bed.

"Putting a movie on" he explained and I gave him a look.

"Alex it is way too late for films" I commented and he pfft at me.

I watched him as he just paid attention to the film in which he had probably already watched a thousand times, his blue eyes darted wildly as he looked at various points on the screen, never settling in one place for more then a few seconds.

It made me wonder what his thought patterns were like. I guess it must be like driving a car with no brakes, needing to constantly choose paths and not being able to slow down, always needing to be thinking about something, and always needing to change the path after a few moments.

"Why are you staring at me?" he asked after a few moments and I smiled.

"Because you're beautiful" I said honestly and made him make an awkward face, blushing and shifting uncomfortably.

I didn't mean it to be flirtatious or anything, he was beautiful, unlike some of his brothers, who were handsome, he had delicate features that were equally feminine and masculine.

"You really don't help yourself, do you?" he eventually said, making me raise a brow at him.

"What do you mean?" I questioned and he sighed as he tapped his hands on the edge of his bed restlessly.

"You act so...open, you're nice but you're too nice, for a family of unloved sons it gives the wrong impression. You're too patient with everyone, too laid back and passive. You give the wrong vibe.....when I caught you with Luca the other day, you acted like you were doing this on purpose. But, I know you aren't, you're just going with the flow, trying not to hurt anyone, but eventually this will rip you apart" he warned, and I blinked at him for a second before smiling gently.

He gave me a confused look when I put an arm around his shoulders and rested my head against the side of his neck, sighing deeply.

"You're actually the wisest one of us all, aren't you?" I said lazily and he quickly chuckled.

"Tell that to my math teacher" he commented and I smirked.

"You don't have to be good at maths to be wise" I stated and he laughed.

"Spoken like a true math hater!" he exclaimed making me cringe at his loudness before smiling.

Several moments passed and as Alex didn't start restlessly moving about and fidgeting like I was expecting, I began to start drifting off.

I felt a gentle hand skim my cheek and stirred a bit.

"You're missing the movie" Alex complained in a quiet voice and I smiled as I kept my eyes closed.

"You know, Alex, I really prefer you when you're awake"

-

I woke up in the morning to find my forehead resting against Alex's. We were lying facing each other with my arm still resting on his shoulder. I looked at the tv to see the menu on the screen, the film had finished hours ago.

The light outside was darkish, but morning was definitely here.

I sighed at the fact I'd spent another night in someone else's room, but looked to Alex's sleeping figure with a relaxed smile.

He looked cute when he was sleeping, peaceful. But I bet his mind still wasn't at rest, constantly dreaming of god knows what.

Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows probably.

I got up so I was leaning on my elbows before siting up completely, blinking as my mind was still half asleep.

I feel so tired, I need to go to sleep earlier....

I decided I probably shouldn't wait any longer to make way out of here before padding along the cold floor. I looked back once before silently opening the door and slipping out.

"Feeling rested?" a voice asked and I almost squeaked, darting my head up to see Zac standing there with his arms crossed, a tic forming in his jaw accompanied with an oddly strained smile.

Well, this looks great doesn't it.

"Uhh..." I was going to explain myself but my mind went blank under his piercing gaze.

"You're a cunning fox, aren't you" he almost mumbled to himself, and I narrowed my eyes at him slightly.

"What ever keeps you entertained, sweetheart" he then said with a laid back smile, brushing his hand up to my chin before walking off down the hall.

I opened my mouth to protest but nothing came out, I just received unnerving butterflies in my stomach, I didn't like his aura. He was pissed, I could tell. And he bottles it all up, never a good thing.

The bottle always breaks with an almighty crack.

-