134

We were out for the rest of the day. I was extremely tired when we finally made it back inside. It seemed like Aaron was avoiding going back to the house, or maybe not the house but the people inside it. I couldn't help but worry and wonder if he'd been arguing with any of his brothers.

If he was, it could only be my fault...

Once back inside I quickly lost track of him, I think that might have been by design. He was probably cautious of being seen with me. Hoping no one would realise we'd been gone together all day I expect...

I didn't mind, of course, that was perfectly reasonable. Although, I would prefer it if he was up front with me about it, share his concerns and everything.

It would put my mind at ease, because despite how illogical it is, my mind still wonders dark things, like if he's ashamed of me, or is up to something malicious...

Stupid, I wish I would stop thinking things like that.

Alex was in Angel's room when I went to see her, feeding her a celery stick.
I smiled at him, but he just smiled awkwardly back before hastily leaving.

I'm too tired to chase whatever is going on there...

I sighed before sitting down in front of her pen.

"Are you doing better now sweetie? You look it." I smiled down at her as she crunched away. "I hope you don't mind your alien company, you'll be back where you belong soon..." I sighed, feeling a sink in my chest.

If I was to receive the same treatment, where would I belong? I'm so vulnerable right now, with nowhere to turn if things go sour.

I should start earning money somehow.

Although, with my mother filing for divorce already...it might be wiser to play the part of her dedicated son again...

Despite that being more of a lie than it ever was.

I guess in that case, I'd be at her mercy.

I'm a ticking time bomb in this place...the rope keeping me here is short, but I don't know how short.

And every brother that I defy or have conflict with cuts the rope a substantial amount... especially with the older ones.

Speaking of...

"Are you expecting me to start dancing or something?" I commented as I looked up at Chester.

"I was just admiring the view." He smirked, before entering the room fully. "And noting your solemn expression, it doesn't do much for your complexion you know?"

"I'll keep that in mind." I sighed as he collapsed down onto the sofa. "What's up?"

"Nothing, just bored."

"Another day off huh?" I smiled and he rolled his eyes.

"I do have interesting days off, sometimes."

"Sure you do. Why don't you take up a hobby?"

"What hobby?"

"I don't know...draw something." I smirked and he gave me a look.

"You do realise as an architect I am a pretty decent draftsman?"

"You're not really an architect though are you, you're just in charge of the architects."

"Hmph."

"Well then seriously, start... drawing things."

"Right, drawing what exactly?"